Springfield Demize

Kess

Talk about good news/bad news. Springfield (MO) has a new United Soccer League Premier Development League franchise...but it's called the Demize. Here's the crest:

DemizeCrest.jpg

They played their first home game last week, hosting the Colorado Rapids U23's. Springfield won 3-1. I didn't have my good camera, so here are a couple of shots from the great Steve "Ole" Olson who runs Springfield MO Soccer.

Springfield wore dark navy blue and white Puma kits:

DemizeHome.jpg

The Rapids sported a familiar look:

RapidsU23s.jpg

After seeing a game in person, I'm totally onboard. I'm still working through the fact that my local soccer club is the "Demize." I'm thinking about ordering a shirt from the USL's online store. They've got a cool feature where you can design your own gear. Check it out!

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Your team name is a word synonymous with "downfall" or "failure"? What the hell kind of marketing is that?

Oh, but the "Z" makes it edgy. I understand now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Cool. I've been hoping someone in Topeka would be smart enough to land us a USL franchise. Topeka has a big soccer community with Youth Soccer. It would be a nice way to continue the growth of the sport here.

Good job with getting a team Springfield. Too bad the name blows.

Cool. I've been hoping someone in Topeka would be smart enough to land us a USL franchise. Topeka has a big soccer community with Youth Soccer. It would be a nice way to continue the growth of the sport here.

Ha ha, nice avatar, mate. I love that dude, Desmond.

Ha ha, nice avatar, mate. I love that dude, Desmond.

Des is the man, brutha.

I can't believe you guys don't get it.

"Come meet your demis(z)e!"

They're tryin to say that they will cause the downfall of other teams.

I'm not saying it's a good name, but at least some thought went into it.

Yeah, the thoughts of a 10 year old retarded kid.

Archived