Islanders concept

rheistad

A few things:

I never hated the fisherman logo in the first place. I really liked it. I really dislike the current Isles' NY logo.

Secondly, I didn't mind the wave jersey design. I hated the fact that the names, etc, waved along with the jersey. That was the bad part.

meaning...

I think this concept is great!

...apart from the alternate (I'm all in favour of doing what you want within the traditional jersey parameters, but this is like the Thrashers alt designer gone wacko :P no offense. :D) Reminds me of Discrimihater's work, for obvious reasons. But because you've paired it with a couple of reasonable jerseys, it turns me off to it. At least Discrim understands that his stuff is way too far out :;):

The only suggestions I'd have for the two wave jerseys is increase the size of the orange and silver/gray (can't tell which) lines between the hem, cuff, and collar trims and the rest of the jersey. As I remember, the real wave jerseys' lines here were much thicker. Also, the typeface for the name is kind of hard to read... generally none-italicized is the way to go, particularly for the nameplate.

I don't know if I like your edited fisherman or the original fisherman better... I'd really have to see them side-by-side to compare and see what you've changed. The changing of the light blue colour the Isles used back then to silver/gray is to no advantage either way IMO... I wouldn't mind seeing it in light blue though, just to be able to compare.

All in all, fantastic work rheistad. Keep it up!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

thats the most effective comments i have ever heard on a board, dude, i felt very honored to recieve that much compliments and critisizem at the same time, any one have an idea for a diferent third, tomororw ill make those changes to the home and away.

i just realized the fisherman is standing in front of a net, but doesn't have a goalie stick....some sort of subliminal 'pulled goalie' message that doesn't really bode well for the islanders....or am i thinking too much.

nice work on the home and away jerseys. i've always disliked the wave design, but for some reason it works here. maybe it's because you put gray where the light blue was, but i really like it alot.

on the other hand, if i saw someone with the alt on, i'd pull it over his head and start pummeling him.

rhiestad, i like the alt.  i really do.  one thing though, is it supposed to be silver or dark gray?  cus with the former, i'd go with blue numerals (see UConn women basketball, early Gretzky era Kings)

and the edit is okay too, i'd rather have a silver raincoat than a teal one  :;):

hey sy: a world premier coming out tonight, inspired by one of Chicago's elite HS teams, the Julian Jaguars :cool:

so a shoutout to Julian!!!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm not sure if you guys can grasp the HATRED for that fisherman out on the island. It is with out a doubt the most hated logo i can remember in recent history, even more hated than the 49ers "one day" logo...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like the toning down of the waves and the elimination of the teal.

Nice work and a real good looking jersey.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I want FISHSTICKS

YOu know laugh as you will it was not that bad of log just Iles fans ahted it so much.

In addition the wordmark you made Syphil is terrific.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the home and away jerseys look good.  The alternate jersey is...er.... outside of my parameters for good?  Sorry, I just hate the turn ahead the clock styles for hockey.

I would suggest using a more open font for the numbers of the jerseys as overly bold or thick fonts like the one you've used tend to close up when veiwed from the second level.

I'm not sure if you guys can grasp the HATRED for that fisherman out on the island. It is with out a doubt the most hated logo i can remember in recent history, even more hated than the 49ers "one day" logo...

I can't grasp it... I don't understand why people hate it so much. I can understand how a team may like the logo they're used to (I know how I am with the Jets' last logo, but that one's waaay better than the Isles logo), but the Isles current hockey stick-geographic map-NY fusion has got to be one of the ugliest logos in the NHL. Not joking. No offense to any Isles fan.

I'm honoured to hear that you so much appreciated my comments rheistad, a few more on the 2nd look (which is a great improvement)... looking good so far:

The logo on the white jersey does not need that last gray outline. It's just unnecessary.

The gray and white outlines on the back numbers of the dark jersey would make it very difficult to read the number. I'd suggest a) dropping them altogether, or B) working from outside in, have the number be a base white, then blue outline, then gray.

I think it would look a little more consistent if the shoulder panels on the dark jersey were orange. All the rest of the trims outlined in that nice and thick white-gray outline combo is orange, so it seems logical that the shoulder panel would be too.

Sleeve numbers. They're missing. You might need to make the shoulder trim shorter (ie. bring it snug under the NY logo).

...and Tank, funny you should mention that logo. IMO one of the weirdest logos I have ever made, and yet, one of the most well received. Or do you mean this more wordmark-ish logo, that received a more subdued response?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like the fisherman logo! I think your concept looks wicked! I'd much rather prefer them using these. Its good that you ditched the stupid waves below the fisherman! Syphi, I have always loved your anchor logo for NYI! I think you should try a conept out with it! It rocks! P.S. Great concept once again!

actually the most hated logo of all time by a home town team would be bucco bruce from tampa bay. they hate him more then anthing down there. as for this concept, its way better then anything the islanders have ever had. heck, i even like the tatc third.

Archived