UEFA Champions League Final

rmackman

I watched. Was just seeing if anyone else did too. It's like the Super Bowl of European Soccer, yet nobody in the USA really seems to care. Sad. :blink: Oh well, I enjoyed it, and it was nice to meet 2 fans today that had on their team's jersey (one girl had Milan and a guy had Liverpool).

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

HAND BALL!!! and the ref stopped the game before 3 minutes of stoppage time, I am really pissed. BTW I'm a big LFC supporter if you didn't know. I'm gonna be depressed for the rest of the week, and that was a damn hand ball. Thought it was pretty funny when Inzaghi fell over the little wall thingy when they where celebrating though, he deserved it. <_<

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I enjoyed most of the game, although I took a brief Diff'rent Strokes on OnDemand break. Solid game in general. I was rooting for Milan basically because Italy's the team I follow in World Cups after the US craps out. Plus, Inzaghi(sp?) was amazing in the one Fifa game for Nintendo 64.

I watched most of the game and that was defiantly a hand ball. It was a pretty good game. After watching a few Champion's League games Soccer is starting to grow on me. Liverpool is turning into my favorite team, I really respect Gerrard, and love their jerseys.

saBS.png

I've been a Milan fan since about 2000 when I went to Italy and got to sit in San Siro. This was a fun game to watch, but yes it was a hand ball. =)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Eh, that was a judgement call there. That ref must be in the belief of the elbow rule (if it hits below the elbow, it's handball.) It hit the dude in his upper arm, so the ref no called it. Not that he could see it, because the free kick was a freakin rocket.

But yeah, congrats to AC Milan for winning their 7th CL. They need to catch up to those bastards in Madrid.

I turned it on right as Inghazi scored his first one. It seemed okay during the play, but the replays it was definitely a handball.

Great game though.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Eh, that was a judgement call there. That ref must be in the belief of the elbow rule (if it hits below the elbow, it's handball.) It hit the dude in his upper arm, so the ref no called it. Not that he could see it, because the free kick was a freakin rocket.

But yeah, congrats to AC Milan for winning their 7th CL. They need to catch up to those bastards in Madrid.

It looked like it his his upper arm and it was unintentional at best, much like the skate rule in hockey. I'm glad AC won! That should relieve the pain of Man U losing to Chelsea.

I saw, I came, I left.

Personally I feel Pennant had a better game than Inzaghi did, Liverpool just couldn't capitalize on their opportunities like Milan did. Pennant was all over the Milan defense, and was able to set up chance after chance. They just couldn't get it in the net. That first "goal" just took all the wind out of LFC's sails.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Well, I'm glad I didn't come in here before watching the game (I recorded it). Next time, for something like this, please don't post results in the thread titles, since many people have to record them during the day and watch them when they get home from work.

Anyway, not a bad game. I didn't even notice the handball, though honestly I was also packing for my trip while watching it. (Hi from downtown Denver.) Great timing on the second Milan goal.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah what is up with the 3 minutes of stoppage time, first they only went to about 2:34 or so, and about 50 seconds of that was a sub for Milan. I dont' really care either way, just thought that was odd. Looking forward to next year.

Liverpool just couldn't capitalize on their opportunities like Milan did.

Exactly. They pretty much owned Milan during the first half, had most of the possesions and most of the shots. Milan just got ridiculously fortunate with a call and a missle of a freekick.

The setup and shot of the second goal was just a thing of beauty, there. World class.

Liverpool were beaten by a Milan team that didn't get out of second gear. Liverpool dealt very well with Kaka but the negativity of Benitez in only playing one striker cost them the match.

On another note an open to bus is now available to purchase

lfcathensbus.jpg

logo.png

Archived