Super bowl xl concept

JQK

I love where you're going with this, but I have a few suggestions.

1. Make the "XL" bigger, maybe going outside of the box.

2. Clean up the bottom left corner shadow on the "L", something not right about it.

3.  Arch the lower letter too.

I really like the concept, but I always envisioned the Super Bowl XL logo having a automobile theme to it.  Either way, This one could be used for any super bowl, just change the letters.  Good job.

I always envisioned the Super Bowl XL logo having a automobile theme to it.

Well, the shield is loosly (very loosely) based on the Ford shield. Looking at it now, i think it does need something "else". I thought that before, but i thought i could get away with it.... hmmmmmm..... what to do...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Don't gimme crap about the firld, i know it's two NFC teams, i just slap-dashed it together to give an idea what the XL logo would look like at midfield. everything else is irrelevant, just there as space-filler...Love the concept

but.....Arizona and Atlanta likely wouldn't play each other in the Super Bowl, with them being in the same conference and all

Great logos though,

I love where you're going with this, but I have a few suggestions.

1. Make the "XL" bigger, maybe going outside of the box.

2. Clean up the bottom left corner shadow on the "L", something not right about it.

3. Arch the lower letter too.

I really like the concept, but I always envisioned the Super Bowl XL logo having a automobile theme to it. Either way, This one could be used for any super bowl, just change the letters. Good job.

i agree a lot with what shiznit said here, arc the bottom text to, to balance things out a little better, and emphasize the "XL". overall very nice concept

nice updates, just arch that "FORD FIELD - DETROIT, MICHIGAN" upwards, then it will be great :;):

tried, can't, don't know how.. i can do a text that arches down, but i can't arch it from the top of the text.

XXXI has a top-arched text, and the bottom text flat, so it has been done, it's not new.

sB9ijEj.png

anyone else have a huge BUMP! on their ass?

I just want some feedback on the re-done logo... then i'll leave you all alone...

...until the next Illustrator monstrosity is release to your horror... mwuahahahahahahahaha!!!

sB9ijEj.png

After looking at this I am wondering how gay the 50th super bowls logo is going to look.

At that time, and until roman numerals actually look like roman numerals again (as opposed to being LI, LIII, LIV, etc), I'm guessing they'll use normal numbers.

That said, if they could get it so that Super Bowl 55 is in Las Vegas, that would make for a cool tie-in.

JQK your logo is pretty tight, although IMO not tied in to Detroit enough (outside of the colours maybe). Most of the logos have some kind of defining element that identifies the city in which it's being played (and no, writing Detroit underneath doesn't count). You know what I mean.

Also, the "Ford Field - Detroit Michigan" text needs to be larger, as does the date. It's too small. I also almost think it'd be more important for the location text at the bottom to be curved up than it would be for the date text to be curved down, just because of the way the shield is shaped, and the resulting white space. It's your call.

Nice job JQK, this Illustrator thing is working out for you nicely. Good for you.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

to arch text upward (in Illustrator):

use pen tool to create your curve path or contour out x amount.

next, select fit text to path (drag text tool to the T on a curve) and click on the path.

set text (copy/paste, etc.).

then use the direct-selection tool (with the white arrow, not black) and drag the text "I-beam" bar upward toward the logo. you can use the I-beam to center, etc.

i like the logo, good job!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived