AHL to be feature in NHL 08

rvrdgsfn

As proud owner of NHLPA 93 through NHL 07 (that's right EVERY EA hockey game), I'm incredibly stoked for the AHL addition. Hopefully they'll be available for exhibition play, not just during season/franchise. I loved how in MVP Baseball, you could play an exhibition with minor league teams. I wonder if they'll put in any AHL arenas.

But will they put a real defencive AI that doesn't cheat?

*shakes Magic-8 Ball*

"Signs point to No."

*sigh* <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

But will they put a real defencive AI that doesn't cheat?

If you call if letting me stand on the side boards with the puck and not getting touched for 3 minutes cheating.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

they should make it available for the Wii.

That's right, I said it.

Agreed. I think it would be really fun on the Wii. Imagine shooting with the wiimote...

As proud owner of NHLPA 93 through NHL 07 (that's right EVERY EA hockey game), I'm incredibly stoked for the AHL addition. Hopefully they'll be available for exhibition play, not just during season/franchise. I loved how in MVP Baseball, you could play an exhibition with minor league teams. I wonder if they'll put in any AHL arenas.

You're missing NHL 92 for the Sega Genesis.

OOOohhh nice.. I might see if I can find that one for PS2... hhehhe..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I'm looking forward to NHL 08, its been a long time since I owned a hockey game, the last one I owned was NHL 02. With the AHL in the mix, hopefully with better control, this game will surpass the 2k series. I have hopes for this game though.

baltimoreravens.png

I'm looking forward to NHL 08, its been a long time since I owned a hockey game, the last one I owned was NHL 02. With the AHL in the mix, hopefully with better control, this game will surpass the 2k series. I have hopes for this game though.

same here, i have nhl 95 through 2002. after 2002, i stopped buying the nhl series and off and on bought the madden series. I have 04 and 07. I basically got tired of the game being the same thing with tweaked graphics.

couple of things i'll be looking for is uniforms. i'm hoping to be able to pick from whole host of retro/discarded uniforms. more importantly the fishermen.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

To be able to control my pens and the... other Pens?

Awesomeness

Its going to be intresting to see how the EA hadles minor/major roster movements.

Mike Modano, Marty Turco & Sergei Zubov have been returned on loan to the Iowa Stars of the AHL! Take that, Milwaukee.

Yep, this is definitely going to be my first EA hockey purchase for PS2. Hell, I almost bought that atrocious Gretzky game a couple years back simply because it had the AHL license. Bringing Sterling, Haydar, and Krog down the ice against the hapless Hawks will be a thing of sheer beauty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems like most people were disappointed with NHL 07.

I was, for sure. Granted, I have the xbox360 version which was missing some features.

I'm really excited for this AHL addition, as well a game that has more than just franchise mode and online mode.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems like most people were disappointed with NHL 07.

I was, for sure. Granted, I have the xbox360 version which was missing some features.

I'm really excited for this AHL addition, as well a game that has more than just franchise mode and online mode.

I was far more disappointed in the PC version. My friend bought the Xbox 360 version and was supremely upset that I didn't have a 360. Although the 360 version lacked a lot of features, the PC version was basically '06 with a new player on the cover. I found the skill stick to be an amazing development for the game play of hockey sims and was immediately addicted. Granted it took me a little while to grasp the concept, after 10+ years of playing the old school EA hockey franchise, but once mastered, made the game far superior to any of it's predecessors. IMO

I didn't know there was another one. Did it by chance come out on Super Nintendo?

I didn't know there was another one. Did it by chance come out on Super Nintendo?

No, the first EA NHL game was "NHL Hockey", which came out in 91/92 and it only came out for the Sega Genesis. It had the NHL license, but no NHLPA license, so there were no players in the game, just numbers. The next year EA sprung for the NHLPA license, but not the NHL license, so there were all the players but no logos. In 94, they got both licenses, and more importantly, they introduced the one-timer - the most significant moment in video game hockey history.

586347_67853.jpg

Here's some more useless trivia:

The first video game to feature the NHL license was "NHL hockey" for the Intellivision.

576887_34980_front.jpg

Although, I'm not sure why that was necessary. There were no logos, names or really anything that resembled the NHL in the game:

nhl_hockey.png

No, the first EA NHL game was "NHL Hockey", which came out in 91/92 and it only came out for the Sega Genesis. It had the NHL license, but no NHLPA license, so there were no players in the game, just numbers. The next year EA sprung for the NHLPA license, but not the NHL license, so there were all the players but no logos. In 94, they got both licenses, and more importantly, they introduced the one-timer - the most significant moment in video game hockey history.

586347_67853.jpg

Here's some more useless trivia:

The first video game to feature the NHL license was "NHL hockey" for the Intellivision.

576887_34980_front.jpg

Although, I'm not sure why that was necessary. There were no logos, names or really anything that resembled the NHL in the game:

nhl_hockey.png

True but then again, Nintendo had MLB Baseball in 1988 and it's just had the team name not the players name or the Logos. SEGA REAL TALK BASEBALL 93 was the 1st sports with the team logo. well, sort of.

Archived