New Superdome logo

BRYWHIT

Very modern to say the least. To me it looks almost to corporate, like a non descript hotel logo. And I hate to say it but when I first saw it the white lines reminded me of water rushing in, and the gray lines the level it reached. I know the Superdome wasn't under water but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

newsuperdomelogo.jpg

216.jpg

Not a bad design, but if you're looking from the outside and look at the logo without the wordmark, you have to scratch your head a few times trying to figure out what it is....

I saw, I came, I left.

Very modern to say the least. To me it looks almost to corporate, like a non descript hotel logo. And I hate to say it but when I first saw it the white lines reminded me of water rushing in, and the gray lines the level it reached. I know the Superdome wasn't under water but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Yeah I can see that! I guess it would have been nice to make the logo black and gold to represent the Saints, but considering they have the arena in their as well....I don't think teal woulda' worked too good!

Who's Katrina? Sounds like I should stay away from her.

Think of yourself as Don Imus! We here in New Orleans, are a select few who went through a terrible situation so I would say treat the word "Katrina" as the "N" word! You can't say it if your not from New

Orleans, sucka!! (Just kidding)

i agree that it would look better without the arena, but it is definitely a nice upgrade for the dome!

I recognized the Arena instantly in the logo. But the wordmark could be misleading to outsiders that don't know that the Arena and the Dome are operated by the same company (Superdome Management Group, or SMG). The logo is almost better suited to be used an SMG logo, not labeled as a Dome logo.

That said, the logo looks cool. Now if they would only paint the exterior away from that teal monstrosity in real life. Standing on the sidewalk, that teal looks even worse.

I don't like how the two buildings are out of proportion to eachother (based on the photo provided a few posts back). The dome should be taller than it is. The other building doesn't even reach the domed part of the uh... Dome in the real photo.

The graphic references both venues but the wordmark doesn't?

dome-1.png

I think it looks better without the arena.

The text needs to be alot smaller in relation to the dome logo. I also think that eliminating the grey arena is a huge upgrade.

Archived