KG isn't going to the Celtics...

whitedawg22

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amare definitely has an ego, but Marion's the one whose moodiness and desire to be the franchise's face could ruin the Suns. As much as I love the Matrix's game, he does seem to have the potential to let his ego get in the way. Like the ESPN the Magazine feature earlier this season said, when he was asked the question of whether he wanted to dominate and be the best player on a crappier team or not the face of a better team (re: the Suns w/ Nash and Stat), he had to think about that one.

That makes me nervous. Though, if I'm a team in a position to sign him, I'm doing it, no questions asked. If he's happy, he's devastating, though he is tricky to keep happy. I'm sure he'd be happy if he's winning.

now, while I don't completely buy the Bill Simmons line on KG for Amare (the Wolves could rebuild with young, explosive talent, while KG can win one with Nash and Matrix NOW), I agree in thinking that the Suns can't think quite as long-term as some would imagine. While Marion may be the best player on the team and really make it go, it's Nash's gifts that dictate the pace of play, and Nash is NOT getting any younger. Honestly, the Suns almost need to do what the Blazers did in 99-00 and go short term - except I think it would work this time.

As much as I love LB, Leandrinho isn't going to be a genius distributing point guard anytime soon, and that's what D'Antoni's offense NEEDS. Stat's explosiveness is incredibly impressive, but I think KG and Matrix could play well together...and make up for the lack of scoring. The Suns just need to add one more bench player to their mix and not run up against the dirty Spurs to make it to the finals and get Nash the ring he so deserves.

----

as for Kobe...he's a genius scorer and a great mental player (the Free Darko entourage love him for that), but he's a Laker, and as a rule I hate the Lakers. That said, it'd be hard to imagine Mamba on another team...and it'd be kinda ironic to think of him on the Bulls. but the Lakers really need to make a decision and do SOMETHING - either blow it up and build long-term, or go whole-hog and get Kobe the partner and surround him with the talent he needs to lead them out of the first round. Otherwise, they may easily not even get out of the first round and watch teams like the Warriors and Blazers pass them going through the door the other way, while one of the league's storied franchises sits out of the playoffs...

harperdc.gif

There's talk now about KG going to Boston since he doesn't really have the opportunity to go to Phoenix now, and I'm glad to be honest because I can't stand the Suns as is. I'm a Mav's fan, so that could be why. hehe. I don't care where KG could go, as long as he's happy and feels like contribute to the team where he decides then there shouldn't be a problem at all.

coziv2copyzt7.jpg

Now there talk of a 4 team trade on ESPN involving Minnesota, LA Lakers, Boston and Indiana

Would Get:

Indiana: Lamar Odem and Andrew Bynum

Minnesota: #5 pick in the NBA Draft and Al Jefferson

LA Lakers: Kevin Garnett

Boston: Jermaine O'Neal

More players would be added so it can work finacially. KG has reportedly open up to being traded from Phoenix to any "Major City". Minnesota would still rather trade him to Boston or another team in the East.

Sidenote: Kobe Bryant is still a :censored:ing brat sayin even if the Kevin Garnett trade happens, he still wants to be traded. Bulls GM John Paxson text message Kobe saying dont expect to be traded to Chicago.

Boston won't give up a number 5 and Jefferson for O'Neal. Not at this point at the careers of those two.

May look a bit iffy for Indy, but from what I understand they want Tinsley gone.

Lakers get: Garnett, Hudson and Jamall Tinsley

Celtics get: Jermaine O'Neal, Trenton Hassell, Vladamir Radmanovic

Pacers get: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and Wally Szczerbiak, #7 Second Round 2007 (MN)

Wolves get: Rajon Rondo, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Kwame Brown, #5 2007 draft (From Celtics), #19 2007 (Lakers), 08/09 Conditional #1 (Originally theres anyway-via Szczerbiak deal)

So Plus to this:

LA- Get KG, and two guys who can play point. Basically you are in a pinch. You are taking Hudson's contract.

Boston- Gets an all star, keeps the star core, Relieves themselves of Wally's contract/injuries

Minny- Now would be foolish not to take this. Rondo and their (most likely) '09 first with the young talent there makes it a sinch. Jefferson would be idea, but Ainge isnt that dense. Close, though.

Indy- Now this is tough. How bad do they want Tinsley gone? He can still play. Wally would sell tickets in Indy, he played at Miami (OH) which is somewhat close. They would be devoid of a real PG. They may need a draft pick. Maybe Minny's second rounder makes this better.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...6~11~16~11~11~2

Boston won't give up a number 5 and Jefferson for O'Neal. Not at this point at the careers of those two.

May look a bit iffy for Indy, but from what I understand they want Tinsley gone.

Lakers get: Garnett, Hudson and Jamall Tinsley

Celtics get: Jermaine O'Neal, Trenton Hassell, Vladamir Radmanovic

Pacers get: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and Wally Szczerbiak, #7 Second Round 2007 (MN)

Wolves get: Rajon Rondo, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Kwame Brown, #5 2007 draft (From Celtics), #19 2007 (Lakers), 08/09 Conditional #1 (Originally theres anyway-via Szczerbiak deal)

So Plus to this:

LA- Get KG, and two guys who can play point. Basically you are in a pinch. You are taking Hudson's contract.

Boston- Gets an all star, keeps the star core, Relieves themselves of Wally's contract/injuries

Minny- Now would be foolish not to take this. Rondo and their (most likely) '09 first with the young talent there makes it a sinch. Jefferson would be idea, but Ainge isnt that dense. Close, though.

Indy- Now this is tough. How bad do they want Tinsley gone? He can still play. Wally would sell tickets in Indy, he played at Miami (OH) which is somewhat close. They would be devoid of a real PG. They may need a draft pick. Maybe Minny's second rounder makes this better.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...6~11~16~11~11~2

If Ainge makes this deal and helps the Lakers he should be run out of Boston on a rail, and when he was a player he was my all time favorite but damn it never help the Fn Lakers

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What parts would have to switch places with Wally between Minnesota and Indiana to make it work so that he goes back up to the Wolves? He was a very popular player there, and I'm sure they'd welcome him back; plus, the Pacers are *already* getting Odom and Bynum, that's more than enough quality for them in the deal.

KG to the Lakers....man, that's certainly a nice way to keep Kobe in town, isn't it?

harperdc.gif

Latest from ESPN:

PHX get Kevin Garnett

ATL get Amare Stoudamire

MIN get ATL's 2 first round draft picks

How deep is the free agent pool for Point Guards?

I certainly wouldn't oppose bringing in Amare, he's a big-name All-Star who'll bring some excitement to the Hawks. But they'll still need a point guard......

Latest from ESPN:

PHX get Kevin Garnett

ATL get Amare Stoudamire

I certainly wouldn't oppose bringing in Amare, he's a big-name All-Star who'll bring some excitement to the Hawks. But they'll still need a point guard......

Ask for Troy Hudson from Minnesota, he wants out of Minnesota

Latest from ESPN:

PHX get Kevin Garnett

ATL get Amare Stoudamire

Deep. You've got Chauncey Billups, Mo Williams, and Steve Blake headlining, while Mike Bibby has an early termination option

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Latest from ESPN:

PHX get Kevin Garnett

ATL get Amare Stoudamire

The latest on this from ESPN:

On Wednesday, sources say one of the Hawks owners vetoed a hypothetical deal for Stoudemire for financial reasons.

The Hawks are the 2007 recipients of the Ted Stepien Memorial Bad Management Trophy - they just turned down a chance to acquire the top under-25 post player in the league for just 2 first rounders.

Sorry, Hedley.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

If they don't do this then turn around & draft Yi, then they are truly the most inept franchise in pro sports. No wonder BK is doing such stupid :censored:, it's not his fault, it's the damn owners.

:cursing:

This was like when Atlanta ownership was fighting over the signing of Joe Johnson. Half of ATL ownership is commmited to basketball, the other half of ownership is commited to just the business, and its suppose to hand and hand

The only reason they talkin bout Yi now is because the business that he can bring from China to Atlanta, not because he a good player. All the talk was if the was keeping the pick they was gonna get Al Horford, especially when they need Mike Conley Jr more. Then Amare Stoudamire falls in ur lap so he can team up with his on Suns teammate and a chance to improve the team and you dont wanna do it because of Yi.

PART OF THE HAWK OWNERSHIP IS A JOKE

Latest from ESPN:

PHX get Kevin Garnett

ATL get Amare Stoudamire

The latest on this from ESPN:

On Wednesday, sources say one of the Hawks owners vetoed a hypothetical deal for Stoudemire for financial reasons.

The Hawks are the 2007 recipients of the Ted Stepien Memorial Bad Management Trophy - they just turned down a chance to acquire the top under-25 post player in the league for just 2 first rounders.

Sorry, Hedley.

I bet the owner that vetoed this move has a last name beginning with "B".

Archived