Catch of the Year

NJTank

Carlos Beltran with the game tied 3-3 in the 14th Inning with 2 outs and 2 on. Made a diving catch on that stupid hill in Houston.

This video does not do it justice but you have to see it nonetheless

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270707118

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butt Beltran iz uh MET, sew hiz cach iz bedda then errybody elsis!!!11one

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Nah, I'm sure Jeter made some sort of routine play which ESPN will hail as the greatest ever. :D

My vote goes for the Padres players' catch. Although Beltran certainly made that play look a hell of a lot easier than it really was.

IUe6Hvh.png

That wasn't even the best catch of the day, Frank. Milton Bradley's bare handed grab, after almost colliding with Mike Cameron, in his Padres debut was better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId...p;date=20070707

I was watching the highlights to see Boomer get tossd for being a dick, and got that as a treat. Awesome catch.

Did anyone catch John Macdonald's catch/throw/out from the Jays game? That was pretty amazing too

I wouldn't say Beltran made a 'diving catch'. He just kinda....fell over once the ball was in his glove. I've played outfield my whole life, and granted, it was a difficult catch, I've seen plenty better than that. Heck, I've made better catches....I just can't hit. :D

Not to be the homer...well, I don't live anywhere near Anaheim, but yeah, you get it...Howie Kendrick made one heck of a diving stop in extra innings yesterday.

Situations do help, but physically that same (or at least similar) catch has been made a few times. I've seen different Astros fielders do it (which isn't as impressive since they practice it, but of course Beltran did too for a few months), and I know Edmonds has done it. Probably others as well that I just haven't seen.

Aaron Rowand made another fantastic catch for the Sillies in Colorado yesterday.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Okay, now seeing that video instead of just hearing the description, I'm even less impressed.

I've see Edmonds and a couple Astros CFers catch it over there shoulder with most of their back to home plate then fall forward up the hill as/after it lands in the glove.

The only thing really impressive about this catch is that he had to run deep and up the hill. The actual glove work and whatnot wasn't anything special

Butt Beltran iz uh MET, sew hiz cach iz bedda then errybody elsis!!!11one

To quote the great Peter Griffin.....

"Uhhhhh....ermmmm....uhhhhhh....hmmmmm...........uhhhhhh........what?"

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

The only thing really impressive about this catch is that he had to run deep and up the hill. The actual glove work and whatnot wasn't anything special

Just like Willie Mays?

I see your defensive gem and I raise you a shortstop!

Youtube link of wicked play

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Just like Willie Mays?

I see your defensive gem and I raise you a shortstop!

Youtube link of wicked play

Well the play did occur on 7-7-07...

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived