All-Stars Game

Mr.Barragan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chalk up another beauty for that ballpark (I already lost track of what it's now named). It's one of the prettiest ballparks in the country, especially McCovey Cove and the splash homers. But now we know all sorts of weird bounces can take place there, too.

It's great how in baseball how a ballpark affects the game. How many other sports have that?

You know, I think its one of baseballs best parks, if not the best one.

However, it always bothered me that they never had the lines in the field from mowing. Not that it looks bad, but there is just something so striking about a freshly mowed MLB field with crazy patterns in the grass.

Does anyone know, is that something that they choose not to do, or is it the type of grass perhaps?

Chalk up another beauty for that ballpark (I already lost track of what it's now named). It's one of the prettiest ballparks in the country, especially McCovey Cove and the splash homers. But now we know all sorts of weird bounces can take place there, too.

It's great how in baseball how a ballpark affects the game. How many other sports have that?

You know, I think its one of baseballs best parks, if not the best one.

However, it always bothered me that they never had the lines in the field from mowing. Not that it looks bad, but there is just something so striking about a freshly mowed MLB field with crazy patterns in the grass.

Does anyone know, is that something that they choose not to do, or is it the type of grass perhaps?

Granted, I only see a couple few Giants home games each season, but I can't seem to recall their outfield grass having any sort of pattern.

Having that logo of the ball splashing into the water in the grass was kind of strange.....

Simple, stupid thought. The world should consolidate time zones.

From the North American perspective, they should move the Pacific and Central time zones back a half hour each, and the Eastern and Mountain time zones ahead a half hour each. Leave the Atlantic time zone the same.

That way the world will have half as many time zones and there would be two hour differences instead of one. Or again, in North America's case, two hour differences instead of three hour differences.

Ridiculous, I know.

I agree that the Giants stadium (AT&T Park?) is one of the nicest there is. The one thing they need to change is the cars that are in left field. There is going to be someone thathits the ball, and it will hit off the top of a car instead of being a home run.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I did not like the All-Star game this year (especially Joe Buck announcing the lineups instead of the local PA). I really hope Bob Sheppard does it next year and Mike Shannon in 2009.

I think that's been done a few years.

Mike Shannon's our radio voice (with John Rooney) in STL, but John Ulett is the Stadium Announcer if that's what you meant. That said, Joe Buck would actually fit in just fine in St. Louis.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Wednesday, July 11th, 2007 - 15:23:49)

I agree that the Giants stadium (AT&T Park?) is one of the nicest there is. The one thing they need to change is the cars that are in left field. There is going to be someone thathits the ball, and it will hit off the top of a car instead of being a home run.

Jeff Kent did that a few years ago. He hit a liner straight towards the stands but it hit the top of the car and landed back on the field. Also the people who sit behind that sign have to stand up to just to see the game.

Updating the situation with Tony La Russa and Albert Pujols...

Albert says it's no big deal, he was disappointed, never that upset and certainly isn't now.

Tony admits Pujols should have been used in that situation for both better entertainment and a better chance to win. Should the situation he was protecting against (a pitcher having to play the field if someone got hurt) have then occurred, he would have simply refused to field a team and forfeit the game if that's what it took.

So, that's pretty much a case closed and I'm not nearly as unhappy with Tony now because he admitted he messed up.

My reactions to the All-Star Game

Musicians: For the National Anthem...Do the Grammys reward the best or worst musicians?

For "God Bless America"...That was poorly thought out. Somebody should have, and probably did, lose their job over that.

Game: I don't think TLR gave a flying :censored: about the game and mailed it in while managing. I mean...what's the incentive to win? St. Louis is not making the playoffs this year (contrary to the downright Pollyannish thoughts of certain nameless members of Redbird Nation.). On the other hand, his good friend Jim Leyland, though, will probably make the playoffs...and could use home field advantage...

Also...the NL fans are idiots anyway and vote too much on name recognition. Who honestly thought that roster would stand a chance against the AL?

I would like the NL to win once...simply because it would probably provoke ESPN to start a movement to repeal "This Time it Counts".

(Actually, my sister and I spent much of the games taking verbal shots at various NL players...including suggesting that Milwaukee's plane go to Nashville instead. We also decided that Prince Fielder was a tool for reasons that remain hazy.)

That one Diamondbacks player in McCovey Cove blew his chance at being PETA's "Person of the Year" methinks.

Announcers: Tim McCarver needs to shut up. And get fired. Immediately. Joe Buck's merely on probation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived