Bronx is Burning

NJTank

I watched the behind the scenes thing last night and decided to give it a try. I found myself after the show ended immediately thinking, damn, I can't wait to see this next week. I don't know about y'all, but vulcan-eared, two-timing managers; greaseball, fat, turtleneck in summer wearing billionaire owners; and simultaneous superiority/victim complex afflicted, feast or famine, "misunderstood" superstar sluggers pretty much guaranteed I'm sitting in front of the TV. Plus, pretty young things getting murked gets me all warm and fuzzy in my insides.

All in all, it was very entertaining. It's kind of hard to do when you already know how the story ends. I'll say this, it already pwn3z Playmakers.

Oh and that Sport Magazine writer (who plays himself, btw) is a douchebag. He gives reporters a bad name.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Fascinating. For whatever reason it didn't look all that good to me, and even though I hate 'em, I usually find myself fascinated by things that pertain to the Yankees history. I'm sure the first episode will be on again before the second one is, I may just have to check this show out.

IUe6Hvh.png

I watched it, but agree that the timing was aweful. It's hard to put a show on at "10 EDT," (i.e., after the HR Derby), and it didn't actually air until about an hour and 10 minutes later. On a completely different subject, something has to be done to speed-up the HR Derby (and that was a Derby where not a lot of HR were hit!)

On the show itself, I agree. I can't stand the current Yankees (and resent them mostly because ESPN crams them down our throught so much), but Yankee history is undeniably facinating. I'll be watching, and it was well done. John Turturro was very well cast as Martin, and Jackson came off as just as cocky/confused as I think he was. And drevel is absolutly right - that scene with Whitey, Billey and Mickey (who sadly had no lines - hopefuly he will in future episodes. Mantle is my favorite all-time ballplayer), was brilliant.

Moose

I watched the behind the scenes thing last night and decided to give it a try. I found myself after the show ended immediately thinking, damn, I can't wait to see this next week. I don't know about y'all, but vulcan-eared, two-timing managers; greaseball, fat, turtleneck in summer wearing billionaire owners; and simultaneous superiority/victim complex afflicted, feast or famine, "misunderstood" superstar sluggers pretty much guaranteed I'm sitting in front of the TV. Plus, pretty young things getting murked gets me all warm and fuzzy in my insides.

All in all, it was very entertaining. It's kind of hard to do when you already know how the story ends. I'll say this, it already pwn3z Playmakers.

Oh and that Sport Magazine writer (who plays himself, btw) is a douchebag. He gives reporters a bad name.

As a Royals fan, I don't think I could stomach anything to do with the 1977 Yankees.

Or for that matter the 1976 Yankess. Or the 1978 Yankees. Or, well, the Yankees.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

As a Royals fan, I don't think I could stomach anything to do with the 1977 Yankees.

Or for that matter the 1976 Yankess. Or the 1978 Yankees. Or, well, the Yankees.

How about a series about the '85 Jays... there i go, going off-topic about the jays again...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I watched it, but agree that the timing was aweful. It's hard to put a show on at "10 EDT," (i.e., after the HR Derby), and it didn't actually air until about an hour and 10 minutes later. On a completely different subject, something has to be done to speed-up the HR Derby (and that was a Derby where not a lot of HR were hit!)

On the show itself, I agree. I can't stand the current Yankees (and resent them mostly because ESPN crams them down our throught so much), but Yankee history is undeniably facinating. I'll be watching, and it was well done. John Turturro was very well cast as Martin, and Jackson came off as just as cocky/confused as I think he was. And drevel is absolutly right - that scene with Whitey, Billey and Mickey (who sadly had no lines - hopefuly he will in future episodes. Mantle is my favorite all-time ballplayer), was brilliant.

Moose

Well Micky was supposed to be plastered and laughing and giggling so even though he had no coherent lines, I think his presence was well representative of his drinking problem

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I watched it, cause I wanted to watch the all-star celebrity softball game, but I thought it was pretty good, I may check it out next week if I remember to. It just kinda sucked that it was on an hour late, I dosed off about half way through the softball game because of it, but I enjoyed it.

BTW, who won the softball game? Out of curiosity.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

You can hate the Yankees all you want (I often do), but you can't help but be interested in movies on Yankee history. Look at "61*" for example.

Now, this series is no "61*" but it's pretty good. Great acting, especially by John Turtorro (I love those ears). Great storyline. But they could have improved on the batting scenes.

I watched it, cause I wanted to watch the all-star celebrity softball game, but I thought it was pretty good, I may check it out next week if I remember to. It just kinda sucked that it was on an hour late, I dosed off about half way through the softball game because of it, but I enjoyed it.

BTW, who won the softball game? Out of curiosity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cares about the softball game... I really enjoy watching that.

Moose

Archived