San Jose Sharks Concept

AAO

Complete-SanJoseSharks.gif

*For those that remember, the Shark is a slight update of the shark used in my Sicily Sharks concept from the NBA Europe series, from about a year ago. The rest is all brand new stuff.

**Seems as though the bottom shark on the right had its little chin highlight and eyeball pushed a little to the right by accident. It's not supposed to be like that.

The primary is awesome, in my mind.

The secondary is still nice, except the shape with the wave makes it look like a wizards hat. A slight modification to that would make this set amazing overall.

Wade-sig.png

The shark and wordmark look too disconnected and look unfinished to me. Everything else is great.

MOD EDIT: Keep it on topic

AAO -- Can you add some orange? I feel like it could benefit from some more color.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The shark and wordmark look too disconnected and look unfinished to me. Everything else is great.

:blink:

Anywho...

I like it. I especially like how you connect the wordmark and the logo by dovetailing the shark's tail into the "K" in "SHARKS" *coughcoughcough*.

I always wondered, and never asked - any reason that the shark is swimming to the left, countercurrent to most North American insignias (where rightward is considered forward in most examples)?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

No one cares what you think.

AAO -- Can you add some orange? I feel like it could benefit from some more color.

I always wondered, and never asked - any reason that the shark is swimming to the left, countercurrent to most North American insignias (where rightward is considered forward in most examples)?

Because this Shark is unlike any other shark...it is a San Jose Shark, always swimming in a new direction, towards a new era, not in the direction of the rest of its clan of whom he has left behind.

And yes, I could try to squeeze some orange in there somewhere. I don't suspect it to come out too clean but we'll see.

Thanks for the feedback people. Keep it coming.

I don't love the the SJ one .. it's kinda hard to make out the J . it looks more like SD to me.

Also, the face of the shark could use some expression... He seems very uninterested. (also.. do sharks have nostrals?)

Pretty good concept alltogether... just needs a few tweaks I think.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Because this Shark is unlike any other shark...it is a San Jose Shark, always swimming in a new direction, towards a new era, not in the direction of the rest of its clan of whom he has left behind.

lol, that's classic.

For me, the fin alt isn't working. The amount of black seems a little much, and I don't understand all of the lines--especially what seems to be an uneven amount of blue on the right outside edge of it.

...Just one man's opinion, with no education in art past high school.

Alright alright come on people lets not hijack my thread to bash each other when you two will probably never cross paths in real life anyways. Pat, who is McCall to you in your life aside from some poster on an online forum, and vice versa.

And now, back to San Jose Sharks Concept>>

The thing I love about the Sharks logo, is that it's one of the few that has a 'hockey element' in it's logo (the stick). I'd like to see them keep that. This design looks pretty generic, IMO, and kinda 'clip-artish' to me. Also, I think when it comes to the secondary, you should have it match the primary. I mean this by the fin on the secondary, it seems to have cuts of something on the fins. Try to make that on the primary as well. I think it might look a lot better.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Alright alright come on people lets not hijack my thread to bash each other when you two will probably never cross paths in real life anyways. Pat, who is McCall to you in your life aside from some poster on an online forum, and vice versa.

Shutup you :censored: @-hole! You don't even know me! All my friends in reel life thikn Iam cool and bad and tufgh and cool and they like me. So shut the :censored: up, you... you... Yankees Fan! Ha. Take that.

... Kiddin. On topic, I think this absolutely solid. Any changes I think need to be made have already been stated, so there's no use repeating everyone else, except for the praises of good worksmanship. Praise ye and all ye encompasses on ye's journey through the world of.. logo designing for ye... and ye... nevermind. I got lost. Bitchen work, dude. :D

Shutup you :censored: @-hole! You don't even know me! All my friends in reel life thikn Iam cool and bad and tufgh and cool and they like me. So shut the :censored: up, you... you... Yankees Fan! Ha. Take that.

... Kiddin. On topic, I think this absolutely solid. Any changes I think need to be made have already been stated, so there's no use repeating everyone else, except for the praises of good worksmanship. Praise ye and all ye encompasses on ye's journey through the world of.. logo designing for ye... and ye... nevermind. I got lost. Bitchen work, dude. :D

You are not funny...and neither is your avatar. Take it down.

You are not funny...and neither is your avatar. Take it down.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

AAO, you keep on keepin' on. I think the logos look fantastic. There are only a few adjustments that I think would make this better:

1) I would add an accent color. Whethether it is an orange or a dark blue or something doesnt really make a difference to me, but I think the set is gonna need a little more to really pop out.

2) I don't know how well these will carry over into jerseys. I think the wordmark is fantastic, but I'm not sure how it'll look on a hockey sweater.

3) I'm not really feelin the fin logo. I think you might want to kind of merge the SJ logo and the fin somehow....? I just think there might be one too many logos.

Great work. A

AAO, I always have enjoyed your concepts. Great work. Only thing I would do is add another shark to another logo or change the shark up a bit. Kinda like San Jose did. Even if their main logo is ugly, it's still good to have a different version of the shark. But hey, what do I know? You're the designer man, great work as usual!

Archived