Los Angeles
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay

- - - - - - - - - - -

Other jerseys:

Colorado (Burgundy)
San Jose (Teal)

How boring is that??? :wacko: It seems like the NHL only has 3 colors to choose from . . . :therock:

Viola ad oltranza...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blue jerseys:

Atlanta
Buffalo
Columbus
Edmonton
Florida
New York I
New York R
Nashville
St Louis
Toronto
Vancouver

- - - - - - - - - - -

Red jerseys:

Calgary
Carolina
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
Ottawa
Phoenix
Washington

- - - - - - - - - - -

Black jerseys:

Anaheim
Boston
Dallas
Los Angeles
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay

- - - - - - - - - - -

Other jerseys:

Colorado (Burgundy)
San Jose (Teal)

How boring is that??? :wacko: It seems like the NHL only has 3 colors to choose from . . . :therock:

WOW, I've never seen it laid out like that........you're right, that is ridiculously boring.

wrong,thats pretty much similar to what the avs will wear. give or take a few select mods and logos. Its not a few tweaks here or there, its jersey makeover. Gone is the mountain template, in is the similar lake erie template.

Great_Lakes_Lake_Erie.png

409278fd7bf2efa2c2330bf540b672aa.300.jpg6eb3d4ef16c21fd971588d27db527283.300.jpg

I don't see it.

Just playing devil's advocate and assuming you're not joking... those are Lake Erie Monsters jerseys, a new AHL team.

Not sure if this is anything, but I picked this up from the Avs site. Is that a piece of the new jersey or something else. I can't really tell.

SeasonTix320x165_2.jpg

Is it me or is secondary logo overlapping some stripes/piping? Maybe I'm just picturing their old ones wrong...

Toronto Maple Leafs should have there color red not blue. They should change that.

Their colors have always been blue and white (or at least as far back as I can remember). Why should they change now?

They were green and brown once... at the same time.

st pats were green/white

leafs have never been anything other than blue/white

your logic is that of saying the devils used to be blue/yellow/red since they used to be the Rockies

Go to NHLUniforms.com go to 1926-1927

This was the season they changed the name from st pats to maple leafs, an dthe mapl e leafs jersey for the half a season was white and green.

and for one season in the forties i think 45 and 46 the toronto maple leafs was written in red on the leaf so they were red white and blue.

formsig%20.jpgDolphins-two.gif

Blue jerseys:

Atlanta
Buffalo
Columbus
Edmonton
Florida
New York I
New York R
Nashville
St Louis
Toronto
Vancouver

- - - - - - - - - - -

Red jerseys:

Calgary
Carolina
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
Ottawa
Phoenix
Washington

- - - - - - - - - - -

Black jerseys:

Anaheim
Boston
Dallas
Los Angeles
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay

- - - - - - - - - - -

Other jerseys:

Colorado (Burgundy)
San Jose (Teal)

WOW, I've never seen it laid out like that........you're right, that is ridiculously boring.

Another reason the Ducks should have stayed mighty.

And now on the Wild. I like the white jersey but I am not that crazy about the red one. I never really like the red one on the old template and always preferred the white and green ones. I wish the home would match the white jersey.

But not entirely accurate. I mean, the Thrashers color of blue looks NOTHING like the other blue teams.

If you were going that route, you might as well throw San Jose in the "blue" category, and Colorado in the "red" category.

But not entirely accurate. I mean, the Thrashers color of blue looks NOTHING like the other blue teams.

If you were going that route, you might as well throw San Jose in the "blue" category, and Colorado in the "red" category.

Ups . . . you're right! I was thinking about the 'old' home jerseys and not the light blue ones. ;)

So we've got a third 'other jersey':

Atlanta (light blue)

Viola ad oltranza...

It's even more ridiculous when you look at how many teams have white jerseys. :D

But the list is a little misleading in that there are various shades of a colour.

Whoopsie - wrong thread.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The last problem I have, which I have with any team that does it, is the jerseys are not congruent to each other. I hate it when teams have a home and away jersey that look nothing alike. You heard me Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers (and now Minnesota Wild).

At least those teams' jerseys have the same crest.

TRU-DAT BOO!

Well there aren't that many colors that can be used as a primary color and look good with other colors. If a team introduced a pink jersey with black trim that uniform would be killed on here. Let's face it there are only 3 colors that can be used with a variety of different trim colors. Blue, Black, and Red. Green can at some points be used but really only with yellow/gold and/or red (and green and red usually gets ridiculed as Christmas trees). Outside of those 3/4 colors any other color usually gets ridiculed and really can only be used by 1 team or are colors that only work as a trim color. When just looking at base colors there aren't that many choices.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the Hurricanes will probably have the most classic uniforms of any non original 6 team when all is said and done?
It is a little bit. I find the lack of class disturbing... yadda yadda something about faith and the force and hayden christensen I don't like sand because it gets everywhere.

When just looking at base colors there aren't that many choices.

Yeah, ok . . . but the NHL had orange, yellow, green, eggplant, mustard . . . If the teams just retained these colors, they would be more recognizable than they are now. And why don't they use dark grey, bronze, purple? I just think the designers have lost their imagination and preferred using the safe color. :(

Viola ad oltranza...

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the Hurricanes will probably have the most classic uniforms of any non original 6 team when all is said and done?

As we move closer to training camp I think we will see more releases that are where teams keep the same design as before (Devils and supposedly Avs), where the team makes a small change (Wild, Hurricanes) or goes with a more classic design (Rumored Sharks uniforms and the Canucks stripes).

Archived