2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Another reason the Ducks should have stayed mighty.

And now on the Wild. I like the white jersey but I am not that crazy about the red one. I never really like the red one on the old template and always preferred the white and green ones. I wish the home would match the white jersey.

I believe the Ducks went to black & gold because Brian Burke is a Bruins fan. He chose the colours. He's from Boston, he named his minor league hockey team the Bruins, gave them the same colour scheme as the ducks, and a Bruins-esque logo.

there ought to be a league moratorium on the colour black........

DEATH TO REEBOK

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another reason the Ducks should have stayed mighty.

And now on the Wild. I like the white jersey but I am not that crazy about the red one. I never really like the red one on the old template and always preferred the white and green ones. I wish the home would match the white jersey.

I believe the Ducks went to black & gold because Brian Burke is a Bruins fan. He chose the colours. He's from Boston, he named his minor league hockey team the Bruins, gave them the same colour scheme as the ducks, and a Bruins-esque logo.

there ought to be a league moratorium on the colour black........

I could be wrong but didn't Teemu design the new Ducks unis?? I had heard that Burke actually was not a fan of them when they were released.

Well there aren't that many colors that can be used as a primary color and look good with other colors. If a team introduced a pink jersey with black trim that uniform would be killed on here. Let's face it there are only 3 colors that can be used with a variety of different trim colors. Blue, Black, and Red. Green can at some points be used but really only with yellow/gold and/or red (and green and red usually gets ridiculed as Christmas trees). Outside of those 3/4 colors any other color usually gets ridiculed and really can only be used by 1 team or are colors that only work as a trim color. When just looking at base colors there aren't that many choices.

Hogwash

There are plenty of colour schemes that would work very well in the NHL. The league is just fixated on the dark monochrome look.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Burke and the Ducks selected their colors because they are the colors of Army and the orange is for Orange County. The colors were not selected because of the Bruins.

There are plenty of colour schemes that would work very well in the NHL. The league is just fixated on the dark monochrome look.

What color schemes are out there that haven't already been used that would not receive ridicule (and by that I don't mean on here I mean like the Fishstick uniforms)? It's not just hockey that uses just the limited amount of primary colors it's every sport.

holy crap take a look at the road stars uniform in that cell pic. From that distance it looks like the Leafs Rd uniform. Now I'm not a Leaf's fan, but that is just wronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. The Leafs own that bloody stripe pattern. No other NHL or major pro hockey team in history has ever used that pattern.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Burke and the Ducks selected their colors because they are the colors of Army and the orange is for Orange County. The colors were not selected because of the Bruins.

What color schemes are out there that haven't already been used that would not receive ridicule (and by that I don't mean on here I mean like the Fishstick uniforms)? It's not just hockey that uses just the limited amount of primary colors it's every sport.

The owner let Burke choose the colours and they added a thin orange stripe later.

I know the army story, but it doesn't take a genius to see there is a connection to the Boston Bruins. Why would Burke tell the press that it's an homage to his favourite team growing up? Of course he's going to say it's the army connection.

As for colour schemes, give me a break. The NHL just likes red and dark colours at the moment. It's fashionable. Green would certainly fly for a couple of teams, ditto for Carolina blue and purple if done right. The Bruins could also rock yellow again if they wanted too. I'll post a 30 team colour palette later tonight if you still don't believe me. There are tons of colour schemes that work, people just aren't being imaginative.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Question... which logo on the Minnesota Wild jerseys shown today is the official one?? I read where the Wild logo inside that circle in that red jersey is gonna be the official main logo and the other one would be alternate logo or what?? I need solid confirmation as well... however for the jerseys.. not bad but wish the jerseys could do the same method with stripes and logos in constant way...oh well...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

with the comments i've been reading over the last while, i wonder how half of you are gonna be watching the NHL this year seeing as you don't like half of the jerseys out there. the majority happen to not bother me in the least bit, i actually like the changes being made.

just constant complaints on here.

The owner let Burke choose the colours and they added a thin orange stripe later.

I know the army story, but it doesn't take a genius to see there is a connection to the Boston Bruins. Why would Burke tell the press that it's an homage to his favourite team growing up? Of course he's going to say it's the army connection.

Maybe, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Burke may be telling the truth and that the uniform (in both color and striping) was inspired by the Army. Has that ever occured to you? Never mind that he's had much more deeper associations with Hartford, Vancouver and, through the AHL, Philadelphia that he ought to consider more than just a team me MAY have followed before his career. (Do we even know if he was ever a Bruins fan? Geographically, it would seem logicial, but it may not be the case.)

The Army story also supports the idea that the Ducks did actually have a deep green color (that wasn't the original jade) in the scheme planned before ultimately ditching it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived