2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Updated then:

newsenscolored-1.jpg

Gold outline, red outline.... I like the 2D better than the 3D. If the fans prefer 3D, so be it, but this is the better update, IMO.... assuming the original 2D needed an update at all, of course.

I agree that two logos that are so similar are not needed, but it's what they do. Might as well stick with it, I guess. FWIW, I would have preferred the 2D be some kind of update of what I called the Sheraton-S, because it reminded me of the hotel chain.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Abandoned capitals logo Found this while searching for other logos it says it was abandoned. slightly off topice but interesting.

Yep. Also from about 5 years ago.

That's one I always wished would have gone through.

You can see the jerseys that went with those logos on nhluniforms.com. In fact, the logo you found was the alternate. An eagle head was used in the primary.

I didn't like that they used so much black in the uniforms, but the logos would have been great.

Why tho would the center dot of the laurels meeting each other in the 2D logo be at the bottom? when even in the new 3D logo its in the center/right

I wondered that too. Still, it's better than the old 2D logo.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

For comparisons sake:

NewSenatorsLogos.gif

looking at these comparisons,i don't think there's any doubts that the new logos are a million times better then the old ones....if i was a Sen's fan i would definitely want the 2d version on my jersey..the new 3d is a lot better then the old 3d but the 2d just looks a lot nicer to me....

I like the new ones better, the 2D by a long shot over the old one.

Yeah, the new 2D version fixes the major problem I had with the old one, the strange disconnection of the helmet and headdress (or whatever that thing is called).

I'm only posting this because my friend at work says it every time he sees Ottawa's logo and you know what? he has a REALLY good point.....

All the logos for Ottawa do not show a "Senator", they show a "Centurion"

This has been argued about so many freaking times. Time to drop it. The teams been around with the same logos for over a decade now, their identity is what it is.

Anyways, I really do like the updates. Although the red outline on the outside of the 2D one doesn't look right for some reason.

I hated the old 3D but I like the new one so much that I'd prefer it to be on the chest and not on the shoulder.

I am just praying the jerseys aren't as horrible as some of the concepts and the 2k8 screenshots we've seen.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

For comparisons sake:

NewSenatorsLogos.gif

Oh wow that 2 logos at the top row look better than the 2 bottom logos... but I think the 2nd logo on the top row should be perfect for the team crest jersey...still cool....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I'm only posting this because my friend at work says it every time he sees Ottawa's logo and you know what? he has a REALLY good point.....

Your friend is really noted Super Hero Captain Obvious isn't he? He must be great fun at parties. "Hey, did you know the sky is blue?"

:D

Canucks08blu-wb.jpgCanucks08wht-wb.jpg

Posted on Team1040.ca. Who made these? This is basically just a template form of the NHL 08 Canucks jersey's.

It's a pretty safe bet to say these are going to be what the actually jersey's look like.

Although, at first I was skeptical because there is no Vancouver script over top of the logo.

It's a pretty safe bet to say these are not going to be what the actual jerseys look like.

There, fixed that for you.

Dammit, I'm back in this thread. And it was Canucks that sucked me back in. Oh, bitter irony.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Posted on Team1040.ca. Who made these? This is basically just a template form of the NHL 08 Canucks jersey's.

It's a pretty safe bet to say these are going to be what the actually jersey's look like.

Although, at first I was skeptical because there is no Vancouver script over top of the logo.

I dont know, this one is tough to call. In alot of the leaks the striping pattern seems to be the same, that may or may not mean that there fake or real. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I like those tho.

This has been argued about so many freaking times. Time to drop it. The teams been around with the same logos for over a decade now, their identity is what it is.

Awww, someone doesn't have a come back?

Just because an identity has been around for a decade means NOTHING - look at one of the other teams who has yet to win a Stanley Cup and they have changed their identity about 3 times in almost 4 decades and once after a decade - the Vancouver Canucks. I can also say that Columbus has also changed their identity somewhat in about a decade... from focusing on an insect to a full out civil war theme. So just because it has been over a decade that the Sens have had that look does not mean they can't change it now, which is what Vancouver illustrates. Therefore, your argument has no merrit and is thus a badly thought out comeback to a legitimate question. They could change, they can change, they just chose not to because they are afraid that change may scare away all the "fans" they picked up this spring.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Dude, its the all star template.

Nothing to see here folks.

Archived