2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought new designs had to be turned in to the league by a certain date for approval? Or am I thinking about one of the other sports?

In general there is a deadline, but for this re-design, I don't believe this rule has applied.

The Canucks had a private photo shoot for the new uniforms a couple of weeks ago. They're in the can.

When we heard about the shoot, they never said anything about the final jerseys. Could have just been players modeling different prototypes to see how they looked on players, fully filled out. Not once did it say anything about being the final product.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

P.S. - I have heard rumblings that Vancouver has not yet come up with a final jersey design. It is close, but not yet ready to be sent for production like most of the other teams.

I thought new designs had to be turned in to the league by a certain date for approval? Or am I thinking about one of the other sports?

They've also already held a private photo shoot in Vancouver with the new jerseys, which Willie Mitchel sort of slipped up by revealing a week or so ago, so I don't believe these "rumblings" are credible. I think is a little bit ridiculous to suggest that they haven't even finalized a design yet when the team will be opening training camp in less then a month. I can't see the NHL or the team cutting it that close, and surely the process of finalizing a design, the accompanying merchandise, and creating that merchandise takes a whole lot longer than 25 days.

Um... do you know how long it takes to produce Stanley Cup Finalists/Champs gear? They can pretty much print up and have it in stores in about a week or less. All they need are the blank shirts, mini-sticks, pucks, etc ready to be printed on and someone to slap a logo onto a generic background. I mean, where are they going to be shipping that gear to? Pretty much Vancouver would be getting the bulk of the products to start the season anyways because thats where the majority of the fan base resides.

Who knows though, maybe Vancouver will wrap it all up in the coming days or maybe it was done right after I was told, all I know is that we never actually were told WHAT was modeled.... it could have been finalised prototypes to be tested with people to see how they looked on players, equipment, etc.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well I don't like the piping on the Islanders jerseys, but I will admit it's better than the prototype in Wang's office, with those garish side panels. I'd give the look a C-.

well after being sent the no sex bourne ultimatum, i'm not sending in my isles membership card. That does not mean however i have to like the design which i loathe or give them another penny. <_<

oh funny well not so funny but if your a rags fan. anyway, i was telling my co workers about the new islanders jersey and they started to laugh hysterically. They kept telling me 'now we own your asses on the ice and in uniform. Thanks for giving us rangers fan another set to laugh at, since now you went from respectable to laughable." Thank you Charles Wang for giving the rangers something more to laugh at us about. :cursing::evil:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

One of San Jose or Tampa would be my guess. We haven't seen the sharks actual jerseys, just the many logos, yet have we?
We've seen them like this:

capnSHA2.jpg

I missed that being discussed before. What was the source of that Sharks photo?

These are from the page 56 in this thread:

These photos were posted on HFboards:

sjpho.jpg

oilers_leak.jpg

P.S. - I have heard rumblings that Vancouver has not yet come up with a final jersey design. It is close, but not yet ready to be sent for production like most of the other teams.

They've also already held a private photo shoot in Vancouver with the new jerseys, which Willie Mitchel sort of slipped up by revealing a week or so ago, so I don't believe these "rumblings" are credible. I think is a little bit ridiculous to suggest that they haven't even finalized a design yet when the team will be opening training camp in less then a month. I can't see the NHL or the team cutting it that close, and surely the process of finalizing a design, the accompanying merchandise, and creating that merchandise takes a whole lot longer than 25 days.

Um... do you know how long it takes to produce Stanley Cup Finalists/Champs gear? They can pretty much print up and have it in stores in about a week or less. All they need are the blank shirts, mini-sticks, pucks, etc ready to be printed on and someone to slap a logo onto a generic background. I mean, where are they going to be shipping that gear to? Pretty much Vancouver would be getting the bulk of the products to start the season anyways because thats where the majority of the fan base resides.

It doesn't hurt the fact that, in the week immediately following the championship, no other teams need merchandise produced, so the entire staff can focus their attention to making that cheap championship merchandise. Unfortunately for Reebok, EVERY NHL TEAM needs their merchanside made NOW!!!

And producing a jersey is a lot different than producing a T-shirt or puck label. The fabric needs to be dyed, cut and sewn together and the crests and tags need to be embroided and sewn on. This needs to be done at least a thousand times (times 30 teams) and in about 20 different sizes ranging from infant to goalie, in oirder to fulfill the initial public demand and to outfit the dozens of players in the rookie and training camps. And if you are right about Vancouver having no final design yet, they have only four weeks to fill that quota.

Mere logic says that Vancouver has a design.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

oh, and i noticed this quote on the islanders site.

In order to keep pace with the new times, the Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players? numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

four other teams? um, other than buffalo, has another jersey release featured front numbers? so we know that there will be more.

by all accounts, dallas will, too...

so we really only need 1 more team...

buffalo, long island, dallas, and who?

No, we need two more teams. The Islanders AND four other teams. That's five teams total. So maybe SJ and Tampa Bay, or St. Louis.

Heck, maybe it's Montreal...

[ducks to avoid objects being thrown at him]

After seeing those latest photos of the Islanders' jerseys, I think it's mainly the front numbers that I don't like about the design. Also, to a lesser extent, the piping. Other than that it's quite nice.

And I don't think they're actually lightening the blue, but it does look better that way.

It doesn't hurt the fact that, in the week immediately following the championship, no other teams need merchandise produced, so the entire staff can focus their attention to making that cheap championship merchandise. Unfortunately for Reebok, EVERY NHL TEAM needs their merchanside made NOW!!!

And producing a jersey is a lot different than producing a T-shirt or puck label. The fabric needs to be dyed, cut and sewn together and the crests and tags need to be embroided and sewn on. This needs to be done at least a thousand times (times 30 teams) and in about 20 different sizes ranging from infant to goalie, in oirder to fulfill the initial public demand and to outfit the dozens of players in the rookie and training camps. And if you are right about Vancouver having no final design yet, they have only four weeks to fill that quota.

Mere logic says that Vancouver has a design.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Thanks for saying that, so I don't have to.

If you've ever played hockey you know how confusing it can be when a team has white jerseys with colored sleeves. When you only have a split second to make a decision on where to pass the puck you depend on the quick glance to see who is open. I'm afraid the Islanders colored sleeves on the white jerseys may cause some serious problems with those situations. Don't be surprised to see a few "bad" passes by the home team during Islanders road games.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

If you've ever played hockey you know how confusing it can be when a team has white jerseys with colored sleeves. When you only have a split second to make a decision on where to pass the puck you depend on the quick glance to see who is open. I'm afraid the Islanders colored sleeves on the white jerseys may cause some serious problems with those situations. Don't be surprised to see a few "bad" passes by the home team during Islanders road games.

How many other teams in the NHL have ORANGE home uniforms?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Sorry Roger, I should have been more specific. It's not the color as much as it is that it is colored. When you have to glance up in a split second to see which players are wearing white, a dark sleeve can cause confusion. I don't think the Islanders home jerseys will cause a problem because even though the sleeves are multicolored, they are still colored. But the white jersey with dark sleeves can cause confusion, especially for defensemen digging the puck out of the corner with little to no time to make the decision on who to pass it to.

Just an observation from experience.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Sorry Roger, I should have been more specific. It's not the color as much as it is that it is colored. When you have to glance up in a split second to see which players are wearing white, a dark sleeve can cause confusion. I don't think the Islanders home jerseys will cause a problem because even though the sleeves are multicolored, they are still colored. But the white jersey with dark sleeves can cause confusion, especially for defensemen digging the puck out of the corner with little to no time to make the decision on who to pass it to.

Just an observation from experience.

Considering Detroit has worn colored sleeves on the white uniforms for 50 years and Pittsburgh used to have colored sleeves also I doubt these will cause much of a problem.

Archived