2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

My idea=

The game allows you to chose from a variety of uniforms. So, say, the Phoenix/Sharks game is with the Sharks new unis and some Phoenix one. I don't know if those or new or not. But the Oilers/Canucks game is with the Oilers practice jersey and Vintage Vancouver.

Drop the idea that they are wearing practice jerseys. What the Oiler goalie is wearing looks like the florida template. plan and simple. If these are the real oilers jerseys, then yes they look really plain, like a practice jersey. then again, San Jose had their black 3rds which many people said looked too plain, like practice jerseys, but they were my favourite jerseys in a long time.

What is weird is that there will be no shoulder logo...kind of makes it a little TOO plan. If this is the real Oilers look then I think the home dark blue will look better.

Looks like a thick, blue collar, vertical lines to the neck and thinner lines under the elbow (thinner than the current 3 lines). anyone wanna do a mock up of the oilers if they ARE using the florida template? i think the vertical lines on a dark home sweater would be copper, not white.

gagner3.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My idea=

The game allows you to chose from a variety of uniforms. So, say, the Phoenix/Sharks game is with the Sharks new unis and some Phoenix one. I don't know if those or new or not. But the Oilers/Canucks game is with the Oilers practice jersey and Vintage Vancouver.

I imagine that the game will, as it usually has been, allow you to choose to use vintage jerseys as well as the Edge jerseys and have two teams face-off with two uniforms from wildly different eras. Practise jerseys would be new and intriguing. (IMO, the actual blue RBK practise jersey for the Maple Leafs would seriously make a decent home jersey for them.)

What I think would be interesting is if you chose to play as someone wearing, say, the jerseys of the 1930's Boston Bruins, they'd actually be playing with a severe lack of equipment. I know that one of the recent games in the 2K series had vintage arenas as unlockables, but it would be nifty if you could unlock vintage gameplay, like no forward passing, goalies not allowed to leave their feet to make a save, goalies must serve penalties, full two minutes of penalty must be served, etc.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What I think would be interesting is if you chose to play as someone wearing, say, the jerseys of the 1930's Boston Bruins, they'd actually be playing with a severe lack of equipment. I know that one of the recent games in the 2K series had vintage arenas as unlockables, but it would be nifty if you could unlock vintage gameplay, like no forward passing, goalies not allowed to leave their feet to make a save, goalies must serve penalties, full two minutes of penalty must be served, etc.

Count me in on that genious idea ! No forward passing, man that would just change about everything ! No stick curve would also be a nice addition along with vintage masks or no mask for that matter...

That's just an awesome idea Roger ''time to give you credit for a brilliant idea'' Clemente

Interesting thing I noticed: They're selling certain teams' New Era hats at half-price in the HHOF store in Toronto. Most of the teams whose hats are on sale are the ones who've announced changes to either their logos or colours (Boston, Columbus, Vancouver, Ottawa); however, the Calgary Flames are also on that list. Now, I'm happy that I got a flex-fit Flames cap for $13.50, but now I'm worried that some big change is coming with the Flames' logo and/or colours.

Has anyone heard anything about what the Flames are doing?

I believe I posted this gentleman's concepts in a separate thread when the new team logos were unveiled, but I thought I'd help get his latest one out here. He's basing it on the XBox Magazine leak and any other accumulation of information that has been made public on logos, team colors, etc.

Jimbo66 designed this add-on for the current NHL 07 PC game, but I'll make a good guess it would be made for the upcoming NHL 08 as well.

If this is what the new Sharks home and away jerseys will be, I definitely like them for sure! The only drawback is that outside the crest logo, shoulder logo and team colors, it looks exactly like last year's St. Louis Blues jersey template. I'd also assume the collar would be different than what we see here (probably the same one Columbus has).

uni0251-1.jpg

uni0250-1.jpg

I'm not so sure that the Oilers jersey Roloson is wearing is a practice jersey. Notice the piping around his elbow has horizontal section instead of it being entirely vertical. The piping itself is way thinner compared to the actual practice jerseys which are more of a curve shape. Also notice that the line runs to the underarm instead of the front collar.

104833.jpg

oilers_leak.jpg

I'm not so sure that the Oilers jersey Roloson is wearing is a practice jersey. Notice the piping around his elbow has horizontal section instead of it being entirely vertical. The piping itself is way thinner compared to the actual practice jerseys which are more of a curve shape. Also notice that the line runs to the underarm instead of the front collar.

104833.jpg

oilers_leak.jpg

Even though it's incredibly blurry, the jersey in the picture is the Florida template, it's not a practice jersey.

gagner3.png

That Oilers pic is not a practice jersey, you can see the bronze colour under his arm. It is either Florida or Nashvilles template.

Agreed remember Paul Lukas said there was another team with that style template. I think we now can say it is most likely the Oilers.

My idea=

I definitely would like that. I think the NBA Live series changes the rules if you use vintage courts.

I've always thought it would be great if they'd release a game (for any sport) that would let you begin a franchise mode in any year of the league's existence, with actual players, teams and stadiums from those eras. And so you couldn't cheat and make sure to draft Gretzky and Yzerman, etc., players would turn out better or worse than they did in real life depending on chance and how well you use them.

They could use all the data from whatifsports. I'd definitely buy a hockey game like this, and I bet the baseball ones would sell insanely, since baseball fans are so obsessed with stats and history.

Archived