Dallas Cowboys blue jerseys at home?

Badge Man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wearing the blues at home would be considered blashemous. :cursing:

If memory serves me correctly the reason the Cowboys started wearing white at home is because it shows up better on TV. Tex Schramm was a big TV guy and anything he could do to to promote the Cowboys he would do. Knowing that they would also wear the whites on the road meant that they would always look their best.

I too didn't mind the old blue jerseys but it seemed like they lost whenever they wore them. Probably had more to do with the teams they were playing though.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

If memory serves me correctly the reason the Cowboys started wearing white at home is because it shows up better on TV. Tex Schramm was a big TV guy and anything he could do to to promote the Cowboys he would do. Knowing that they would also wear the whites on the road meant that they would always look their best.

I too didn't mind the old blue jerseys but it seemed like they lost whenever they wore them. Probably had more to do with the teams they were playing though.

You notice that home teams hosting the cowboys will step out of wearing their normal jerseys, just to make the Cowboys wear their blues.

You notice that home teams hosting the cowboys will step out of wearing their normal jerseys, just to make the Cowboys wear their blues.

I wish the Bills do that for the Monday night game, but I want the blue Bills throwbacks, so the Cowboys can wear their whites.

saBS.png

You wouldn't think that after all these years, with all of the different players and coaches, that the team would still be superstitious but they are. And they still lose in the blue.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I love seeing the Cowboys in blue. The only guaranteed time for it is when they play the skins in D.C.

Have the skins ever worn burgundy jerseys at home?

Before Gibbs in 1981, burgundy was the ONLY home choice. Gibbs' first game was at home against Dallas and he went with the whites for what still is an unknown reason but it's believed it was some combination of 1) make Dallas wear blue; 2) white's cooler and it was a hot Labor Day weekend in DC; and 3) he was used to seeing his team in white having come from San Diego.

To this day, he's chosen white for every home game. Norv Turner stuck with that as well. It was Marty Schottenheimer that triggered a change back to burgundy at home. Steve Spurrier also chose dark at home, most of the time, including the time of the 70th anniversary retro jerseys.

Now, not only does Gibbs go strictly white at home, he's very much against the older/darker burgundy/gold colors. That meant there was only one choice available for a nostalgic 75th anniversary uniform.

In terms of the topic of Dallas' blues, I still think they got it right the FIRST time they redesigned them:

tonydorsett.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

yeah the past couple years Gibbs has also ditched burgandy pants and gone with an all white set. something about the Redskins won 6 or 7 straight in those unis to make the playoffs the year before last, so theyre considered "lucky" didnt do them a whole lot of good last year.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

yeah the past couple years Gibbs has also ditched burgandy pants and gone with an all white set. something about the Redskins won 6 or 7 straight in those unis to make the playoffs the year before last, so theyre considered "lucky" didnt do them a whole lot of good last year.

That was a player-initiated decision, driven by Clinton Portis, who doesn't like the socks that go with the burgundy pants...

youre right it was a player driven decision, however when we started winning Gibbs decided to keep with it.

they started winning when they went back to the burgandy pants, however i think that had more to do with gibbs telling saunders that we're gonna power run the ball and youre gonna like it!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I've also noticed that every time the Redskins play the Cowboys at Fedex, the Redskins almost always make the 'Boys wear the blue.

But then again, the Redskins are another one of those teams that tends to wear white at home, at least while Gibbs is there.

Somewhat related the cowboys wore blue throwbacks at home vs the Eagles this past Christmas and they lost 23-7. Soon as i saw them in blue I knew i was going to get what i wanted for Christmas. cowboys blue

thats the game that got parcells ran out of town, the seahawks game just punctuated it. i almost went back to being a giants fan after that game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Somewhat related the cowboys wore blue throwbacks at home vs the Eagles this past Christmas and they lost 23-7. Soon as i saw them in blue I knew i was going to get what i wanted for Christmas. cowboys blue

I'm one of the few who can't stand that throwback set they've been wearing the last couple of seasons for the Thanksgiving day game.

While I despise the Cowboys, I enjoy seeing them wear blue. Same with the Redskins and burgandy. Maybe it's because you just get used to dark at home and white on the road for most teams, but I always enjoy for some reason the NFC East games when the Eagles and Redskins make Dallas wear blue on the road and stuff like that.

Of course the Giants always wear blue (except for the one game a year when they pull out the red) at home except for the one time they decided to wear white in 2000 against the Cardinals. I love the blue but I wouldn't mind seeing them do that for a game in September every year.

Archived