If You Were AD For a Day

rock55choc

As a fan of Notre Dame, I would attempt to schedule the following schedule, in an attempt to crack the BCS.

at Ohio State (#10)

at Michigan (#5)

at Oklahoma (#8)

at Texas (#4)

at Florida (#3)

at Florida State (#21)

at Louisiana State (#2)

at West Virginia (#6)

at Virginia Tech (#9)

at California (#12)

at Louisville (#11)

at USC (#1)

So you're saying that a currently-unranked team should play 12 road games at ranked opponents, and still wouldn't deserve to have a shot at the NC if they go undefeated?

It's this exact reason why you have no credibillity when it comes to college football, in my opinion.

But they didn't win their conference, and you want to reward them with a shot at the national championship?

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a fan of Notre Dame, I would attempt to schedule the following schedule, in an attempt to crack the BCS.

at Ohio State (#10)

at Michigan (#5)

at Oklahoma (#8)

at Texas (#4)

at Florida (#3)

at Florida State (#21)

at Louisiana State (#2)

at West Virginia (#6)

at Virginia Tech (#9)

at California (#12)

at Louisville (#11)

at USC (#1)

So you're saying that a currently-unranked team should play 12 road games at ranked opponents, and still wouldn't deserve to have a shot at the NC if they go undefeated?

It's this exact reason why you have no credibillity when it comes to college football, in my opinion.

But they didn't win their conference, and you want to reward them with a shot at the national championship?

Notre Dame isn't in a conference. I can't see how you could justify not having a team playing for the national championship if they beat 8 out of 10 teams in the top 10. If they actually ran the table against that schedule, there would be now why they shouldn't be allowed a shot at the title. Being in a conference doesn't matter if they went undefeated against those teams.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

at Ohio State (#10)

at Michigan (#5)

at Oklahoma (#8)

at Texas (#4)

at Florida (#3)

at Florida State (#21)

at Louisiana State (#2)

at West Virginia (#6)

at Virginia Tech (#9)

at California (#12)

at Louisville (#11)

at USC (#1)

Notre Dame isn't in a conference. I can't see how you could justify not having a team playing for the national championship if they beat 8 out of 10 teams in the top 10. If they actually ran the table against that schedule, there would be now why they shouldn't be allowed a shot at the title. Being in a conference doesn't matter if they went undefeated against those teams.
At this point, if you had, say, one-loss Wisconsin versus one-loss Tennessee in the National Championship, two teams that actually play in good conferences, you're telling me there'd be howling over Notre Dame's exclusion? I think not.

LvZYtbZ.png

At this point, if you had, say, one-loss Wisconsin versus one-loss Tennessee in the National Championship, two teams that actually play in good conferences, you're telling me there'd be howling over Notre Dame's exclusion? I think not.

Uh, yes.

Because they would have a perfect BCS score, because the pollsters are actually smart enough to ensure that a team running the table despite your illogical objections > being a 1 loss team in a BCS conference.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

at Ohio State (#10)

at Michigan (#5)

at Oklahoma (#8)

at Texas (#4)

at Florida (#3)

at Florida State (#21)

at Louisiana State (#2)

at West Virginia (#6)

at Virginia Tech (#9)

at California (#12)

at Louisville (#11)

at USC (#1)

If Notre Dame ran the table against that schedule? Oh....there's be a tremendous outcry. From both college football fans and the corporate types, because neither Wisconsin nor Tennessee has the national following that Notre Dame has, and they ran the table against a schedule that is HANDS DOWN tougher than ANY other schedule in the nation. (Wisky will have probably played at least one or two games against a bottom-feeder of a Big Ten team, only played one of OSU and Michigan, and had a weaker non-conference schedule; Tennessee has Vandy and Kentucky, in addition to your typically laughable SEC Non-Conference schedule)

Also...as much as it pains me to say it...the Big Ten may not be as good as it is reputed to be.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Uh, yes.

Because they would have a perfect BCS score, because the pollsters are actually smart enough to ensure that a team running the table despite your illogical objections > being a 1 loss team in a BCS conference.

Case in point where the Irish need to suck it up, lose their ego, and join a conference.

UB

Week 1:UCONN : OK matchup, should be a good game but UB is that bad.

Week 2: Syracuse : could try to create an in state rivalry, and get some nice ticket sales from all of the WNY SU fans.

Week 3: @ Penn State : Closest HUGE football school, easy $ from Penn St.

Week 4: @ Marshall : Average team, and a former MAC school

Week 5: BYE

Week 6-13:MAC SCHOOLS

SU

Week 1:Iowa : Seems like they play each other well, should be a good opener

Week 2:@UB : see above

Week 3:D-1A Team : easy win

Week 4:BYE

Week 5:Penn St : Close, and a big draw

Week 6:@ ND : Hope for an upset, makes Big East look easy

Week 7-13:BIG EAST SCHOOLS

saBS.png

Case in point where the Irish need to suck it up, lose their ego, and join a conference.

Why? Notre Dame plays a roughly equivalent schedule to a BCS Conference power. (*NOTE* This is just based on projections for this season from last season's performance. Your mileage may vary.)

Elite teams

at Michigan

Southern California

Solid teams

Georgia Tech

at Penn State

at UCLA

Boston College

Thankful for the Billy's Auto Parts Bowl

Michigan State

at Purdue

Navy

Air Force

Happy to pick up the cheque after the beatdown

Duke

at Stanford

Compared to, let's say, Texas...

Elite teams

Oklahoma

Solid teams

TCU

Nebraska

at Texas A&M

Thankful for the Billy's Auto Parts Bowl

at Central Florida

Iowa State

Kansas State

at Oklahoma State

Texas Tech

Happy to pick up the cheque after the beatdown

Arkansas State

Rice

at Baylor

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

if i was AD for a day i go to ND and MAKE then join the Big 10 for ALL sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............ok now i'm done with the obivious here..........my real AD is Kansas St. and this is how it be:

Non Conf #1: Oregon St.

Non Conf #2: @ South Florida

Non Conf #3: @ South Carolina

Non Conf #4: Toledo

Good quality Teams, If they run that and conf they be BCS champ Game FOR SURE!!!!

For Boston College:

Vs Notre Dame

At Rutgers

Vs Michigan St.

At Central Michigan

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Maybe with an undefeated season and that schedule, the Irish might be able to get into the Sugar Bowl - it'd be a great fit for them. No National Championship Game though, as that game should be played between two conference champions.

notre dame doesnt need anymore help stealing bcs bids....especially from oregon

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

If I were Georgia's AD (By the way Chris, AD stands for Athletics Director for colleges), I'd keep it simple. I'd make a deal with Clemson for x-amount of years to renew this rivalry, and this would be the opening game each season. Then schedule a home game against a cupcake or two (The SEC schedule will be difficult enough for BCS aspirations) for the main sake of generating revenue, since money is the ultimate goal. Then keep the season-ending game with Georgia Tech.

Pitt is my team so I get 5 non-conference games.

1. Kent State - Need a decent warm up game in the first week of the season.

2. @ Nebraska - Would want to run up the score on them just to stick it to Steve "Let's call it Pittsburgh not Pitt" Peterson.

3. Boise State - Would want to play and beat the best non-BCS team.

4. Notre Dame @ Dublin, Ireland - Nothing would be better than beating a team called the Fighting Irish in Ireland.

5. Penn State - Last week of the season.

2. @ Nebraska - Would want to run up the score on them just to stick it to Steve "Let's call it Pittsburgh not Pitt" Peterson.

4. Notre Dame @ Dublin, Ireland - Nothing would be better than beating a team called the Fighting Irish in Ireland.

Actually, if you had that schedule, you'd be eligible for six non-conference games, because you don't count the Notre Dame game.

LvZYtbZ.png

Actually, if you had that schedule, you'd be eligible for six non-conference games, because you don't count the Notre Dame game.

Actually. yes you do.

Non-conference means you play any team that is not in your conference, as is the case here. That still means you can play Independent teams and D1-AA(or whatever its called now).

Actually. yes you do.

Non-conference means you play any team that is not in your conference, as is the case here. That still means you can play Independent teams and D1-AA(or whatever its called now).

OK, let me rephrase. When you're counting to get up to 12 games, you don't count the Notre Dame game, because the game is scheduled for Ireland -- any game played outside the continental United States does not count toward the 12 game limit.

LvZYtbZ.png

Actually. yes you do.

OK, let me rephrase. When you're counting to get up to 12 games, you don't count the Notre Dame game, because the game is scheduled for Ireland -- any game played outside the continental United States does not count toward the 12 game limit.

Willmorris would be correct because this is the reason that teams that play @ Hawaii are able to schedule an extra regular season nonconference game each year. In 2006 Purdue and Oregon State played 13 games with Hawaii being the finale, and Washington does that this year.

LibertyBowl.png

any game played outside the continental United States does not count toward the 12 game limit.
Hence the reason why some schools play 13 games, because one of those is at Hawaii. (Not sure if WAC schools are included in that)
The rules just say games played there, without regard to whether they are conference games or not.)

LvZYtbZ.png

at Ohio State

at Michigan

at Oklahoma

at Texas

at Florida

at Florida State

at Louisiana State

at West Virginia

at Virginia Tech

at California

at Louisville

at USC

Maybe with an undefeated season and that schedule, the Irish might be able to get into the Sugar Bowl - it'd be a great fit for them. No National Championship Game though, as that game should be played between two conference champions.

Gee ya think? Notre Dame goes undefeated against a schedule of a virtual who's who of perennial top 25 teams in college football, all on the road by the way, and you think they might make the Sugar Bowl? Call me crazy but I think your standards for making the national championship game may be just a tad high...

Before I go through on what I would do if I was AD, to willmorris...You're telling me if Notre Dame ran the table with that DEATHMARCH schedule, they wouldn't be allowed to play for the national championship???
But Notre Dame didn't win their conference. If they don't win their conference, they shouldn't be playing for a national title. Besides, a team that could go unbeaten against that schedule would only finish at about .500 in the SEC or Big Ten anyways.

No offense intended Will but that is without a doubt the dumbest sports related thing I have ever seen written on this board. I'm thinking that a team that could go undefeated against your proposed ND schedule would do very well in The SEC and they'd win the Big Ten easily. Dude you can't be serious with this :censored:...can you?

On topic, if I were AD for a day Ohio State's non-conference schedule would look like this...

Florida, Oklahoma, UCLA, or LSU, West Virginia, Texas, or whatever. It would always be as tough as I could make it.

I'd schedule three good teams every year. I'd rather go 10-2 against a tough schedule than 12-0 with a schedule that includes patsies like YSU, Akron, and Michigan... :P

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived