New york jets new logo

puckcool22

I'd have to give this concept a thumbs down. Sorry.

I'd like to make some comments for improvements, but i don't know if there is anything you could do to make this logo better...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i like it alot. much better then the throwback one they are using now. this logo actually implies "jets." the only problem with it is that it is just a modified version of the new york "ny" logo used by the yankees and mets, as well as past new york teams such as the giants (baseball), knicks, and americans.

Personally, I don't see the Y as a jet at all. Plus, here's just a psychological note about this: what kind of message does it send if the jet in your logo is pointing straight down, as if in a nosedive? Sorry, but I don't think that even reworking the Y into more of a jet would work well. I'd try to think of a new way to approach this.

It dont look right especially with the Jet pointed down. Most logos have the image soparing upoward or forward, and going down just dont look right.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, obviously the downward pointing jet was a no-no, but I at least applaud your efforts to get your work out there for others to review. I only recently submitted my first designs to this board, after weeks of practicing with Illustrator. (from what I understand from your posts, you just began using it).

Anyway, my suggestion would be to practice making very simple designs on your own, and using the pen tool to trace more complicated ones, and then begin to apply your developing skills to a concept that you've put a little thought into, Better yet, enter one of the challanges. You may not have the best design, but you'll have a guideline of what to work toward.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'm always nervous when someone tries to makea new Jets concept.  I think one of the essentials to the Jets is no black or silver, I'm glad they've been able to stay without it this long, especially now that the green and silver Eagles have added black to their mix in the past few years.

Partially inspired by puckcool's work above, I just scratched together a concept of my own for my favorite team in sports. I had to use Paint, so I apologize up and down profusely, I hate having to do that, but I'm planning to work out the details and use this as a sketch. Overall, I think the logo got a bit busy, but I wanted to keep it close to referencing their current logo.

It's not perfect, and after months and months of reading these boards and adding little comments here and there, I finally decided to jump into the pool.

Take a look, you shouldn't have to cut/paste the link:

http://www.schliefkevision.com/jets.htm

Archived