Redskins Uniforms

RedFalcon7

All current Redskin uniforms are out-of-date. Them and the Chiefs might be "traditional" teams, but their uniforms are in dire need of a update.

The throwback COLORS are much, much better. Tidy up that uniform (a original helmet logo instead of the FSU spear, some mustard gold outline around the white numbers and plain maroon socks) and you would have something that would look good in the 21st century.

please don't tempt the skins or the chiefs to do so. i get scared everytime i hear of a team changing their looks because 95% of the time its a look thats worse than what they had before. The chargers is the first team in almost 10 years that have changed looks that i like better than what they had before. if the skins was to change, i wouldn't mind that spear look. That is the direction they should go in. But given their offensive, hostile and abusive name, it wouldn't last too long anyway. as a cowboys fan, i would support this change. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The throwbacks with the arrow helmet and thick stripes on the shoulders, along with rich gold pants are perfection.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

All current Redskin uniforms are out-of-date. Them and the Chiefs might be "traditional" teams, but their uniforms are in dire need of a update.

The throwback COLORS are much, much better. Tidy up that uniform (a original helmet logo instead of the FSU spear, some mustard gold outline around the white numbers and plain maroon socks) and you would have something that would look good in the 21st century.

please don't tempt the skins or the chiefs to do so. i get scared everytime i hear of a team changing their looks because 95% of the time its a look thats worse than what they had before. The chargers is the first team in almost 10 years that have changed looks that i like better than what they had before. if the skins was to change, i wouldn't mind that spear look. That is the direction they should go in. But given their offensive, hostile and abusive name, it wouldn't last too long anyway. as a cowboys fan, i would support this change. ^_^

i find it funny that you should say that because i think that every team until the chargers thus far have changed for the better... the chargers are the first team in my opinion to change their uniforms for the worse... anyway, to stay on topic, thanks for all the opinions and i do agree, the 2002 throwbacks are amazing but i would only do someone who actually wore them and stephen davis actually has a figure in those unis... as for my figure, im thinking white jersey with BURGUNDY pants... sorry to offend you so...

As a compromise (throwback vs. current), I threw this quick re-color together:

WashingtonRedskins_PropRHS_SOL.gif

Throwback colors, and with a Dark Burgundy facemask.

That's very nice. I've had an idea for some kind of hybrid for some time.

I think you could even work with minimizing or even eliminating the stripes.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

NFL jersey redesigns just keep getting worse...and worse...and worse.

Thank goodness Dan Snyder grew up on the current Redskins uniforms. I can't imagine the sartorial disasters they'd be wearing otherwise.

Here's hoping they don't change any time soon.

i doubt they will be updating or changing any time soon, considering the Redskins are the most profitable team in the league, Dan Snyder has built his brand around burgandy and gold and tradition, no way will they change (im hoping thats Snyders thinking, but ya never know who else is in his ear about more money)

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I happen to know for a fact that Dan Snyder commissioned new uniform designs a couple of seasons ago. For some reason, he really wanted a Black alt jersey (!). But because he's superstitious, he nixed that idea.

Tom O'Grady showed us all (at the Uni Watch party in Brooklyn last year) a number of proposals that he pitched to Snyder...some of them were crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this idea come back to life sometime in the near future...

i find it funny that you should say that because i think that every team until the chargers thus far have changed for the better... the chargers are the first team in my opinion to change their uniforms for the worse... anyway, to stay on topic, thanks for all the opinions and i do agree, the 2002 throwbacks are amazing but i would only do someone who actually wore them and stephen davis actually has a figure in those unis... as for my figure, im thinking white jersey with BURGUNDY pants... sorry to offend you so...

No, they all are decent changes but have elements that destroy them. The bills with their wild and crazy update, the seahawks with the monochromes, vikings with the unnecessary piping, the bengals mess, the cardinals falcons rip off, the falcons which i like but associating them with vick kills them. The last change i liked prior to the chargers were the eagles and 49ers. Everyone else had good and potentially good changes but with elements that downgrades them. The chargers on the other hand i like a few issues but i like better than what they had previously. Again for another thread, won't go any farther. Now as for the Redskins, if they went with the 2002 alts, maybe tweaked them here or there they would be perfect. What they have now is a bit dated.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I happen to know for a fact that Dan Snyder commissioned new uniform designs a couple of seasons ago. For some reason, he really wanted a Black alt jersey (!). But because he's superstitious, he nixed that idea.

Tom O'Grady showed us all (at the Uni Watch party in Brooklyn last year) a number of proposals that he pitched to Snyder...some of them were crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this idea come back to life sometime in the near future...

that scares the hell out of me. yeah the Redskins could be due for an update, but i dont want them to ruin one of the better sets in the league (IMO) and tradition.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Do you have any examples of these? or are they under lock and key?

5Conway3-06.JPG

8080409.jpg

Red Jersey/White Pants out of their current choices.

Those are perfect. They should use them fulltime immediately IMO.

My thoughts exactly. Just make a white version of that uni and the Redskins would look perfect (and appease the PC police since they aren't using the native american head. Best of both worlds. :D).

actually the PC police are irritated that the name is a racial slur. so we piss off the PC police both ways.

So the Broncos should keep their ugly unis because they won 2 super bowls in them?

No. You forget the actual rule, which is:

1. If I think a uniform is pretty, and the team happens to win a championship while wearing the uniform, then the championship is evidence in favor of keeping the uniform. The weight of tradition established in favor of the uniform I think is pretty is raised to a factor equal to the number of championships won while wearing the uniform.

2. If I don't think a uniform is pretty, then the number of championships won has no bearing on the quality of the uniform design. Though the number of years since the last such championship, provided that number is greater than three, may be used as evidence in favor of any new uniform design.

The "I" not being me personally, but any individual who expresses his or her opinion on the matter.

20082614447.png

watching the reruns of Redskins Legacy during the storm last night im convinced this team needs gold pants (prepares to be shot)

Archived