Defunct leagues

Notch Novelty

For those who don't know, I run defunct league websites such as

www.remembertheusfl.8m.com

www.rememberthexfl.8m.com

www.rememberthesfl.8m.com

In process of working on

www.rememberthepsfl.8m.com

Most leagues have a site or arn't any good so I do it on my own.

Leagues that have good sites:

World Football League

American Football League

American Basketball Association

Wondering what league should I do next?

Regional Football League? Indoor Football League? Indoor Pro Football League? CFL US? International Hockey League? World Hockey Association? International Basketball League? Others?

Remember the RHI... man, despite most people not liking it, i loved that league. THe Rockin Rollers had one of the worst logos in history and their jerseys didn't help much, but damn i loved going to the games... Fun as hell. Some great memories watching the RHI...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Andy, this isn't intended to be critical at all, but I think your time might be better served by improving the sites you already have constructed - finding better graphics, adding new material, etc.

I've visited these sites a time or two, and while they do have interesting general information on the leagues, frankly the sites aren't that appealing visually, and there's nothing special here material-wise that would make me return to it.

Unfortunately, that's nothing different from Paul Reeths' USFL site or any other on defunct leagues I've seen - though Paul's has from day one by far been the best of the bunch due to its extensive content and excellent graphics.

nav-logo.png

Remember the RHI... man, despite most people not liking it, i loved that league. THe Rockin Rollers had one of the worst logos in history and their jerseys didn't help much, but damn i loved going to the games... Fun as hell. Some great memories watching the RHI...

I actually enjoyed watching the RHI on TV. It seemed way more open than the NHL is today.

I saw, I came, I left.

CFL US--there used to be a site on it that is supposedly coming back--and it was a great site.  (oursportscentral.com)

They're back up & updated--but I'm still waiting for the US CFL stuff--came in very handy when I made the US teams for Madden.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

RHI was great. At the time it was around, I hadn't started playing ice yet, strictly roller. I was a season ticket holder in St. Louis in 1995, and Minnesota in 1999.

And I still own this baby:

Autographed Vipers Jersey

...with one sig on the back.

I also have a Rockin' Rollers jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I went to a RHI game in Dallas during the one summer i lived there in '99. I don't know if the teams were broke, but both teams -- i can't remember who was playing Dallas -- wore identical jerseys with different logos. They were just plain practice jerseys with sewn on logo. I remember thinking how cheap and ugly they looked.

Archived