"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17-3 Nebraska

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have a bad feeling about the Buckeyes tonight. Penn State has our number at Happy Valley. Oh well. At least Florida is losing. GO DAWGS!

And UW is up 41-33 early in the fourth. I'm glad we have your support.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You know what, it wasn't a blowout, but let's :censored: can Callahan now. Your defense may have just cost Nebraska the upset

I have NEVER seen this horrible a run defense before this season. UNACCEPTABLE! :cursing:

EDIT-Connecticut finally beats a good team, 22-15 over South Florida

2nd EDIT-Throw Keller out of the :censored: ing plane sans parachute on the way back to Lincoln while you're at it.

3rd EDIT-Thanks to Georgia beating Florida, the winner of tonight's South Carolina-Tennessee game controls their destiny in the SEC East.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*puts fist through wall*

STUPID :censored: ING BLACKSHIRT RUN DEFENSE!!! I'D PREFER A :censored: ING BLOWOUT OVER THIS :censored: !!!

Hopefully Osbourne fires the Defensive coordinator during the postgame press conference.

Today, we are all otaku.

At least Nebraska has four wins...

U-Dub lost to freaking Arizona 48-41... THEY SHOULD NOT LOSE TO THE DAMN WILDKITTENS! *starts to cry* You should never, EVER, give up 499 yards passing to the :censored: WildKittens... let alone ANYONE!!

*sigh* This season is now shot. No bowl game now... Next time, Ty: Keep your mouth shut about getting to a bowl game, OK?

Holy cow. That Georgia game was awesome. The D came through when needed, and Moreno ran like people were chasing him.

They kinda were, no? :blink:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Holy cow. That Georgia game was awesome. The D came through when needed, and Moreno ran like people were chasing him.

They kinda were, no? :blink:

True, I could have used a better analogy. Lemme think of a better one.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Holy :censored: , Nebraska and Texas are still tied.

Also, I don't know what's happening at The World's Greatest Outdoor substance abuse Party, but apparently I'm hearing something about many penalties, Georgia calling a Code Red to celebrate a TD, and enough crazy junk to get me to flip away from Nebraska and Texas.

The whole team running onto the field was solely to tell Florida "We've heard enough of that 15-of-17 :censored:, and we're going to jam this ball down your throat all night long!". How often does your coach tell the team that you're going to run laps on Monday if you don't get penalized for excessive celebration? Especially a coach that's not known for making statements like Richt.

The Junkyard Dawg mentality is back! Haven't seen this since 2002...

UB is still leading the MAC East. If they win next week, and BGU loses to Akron the Bulls are in the MAC Title game.

Because there are 7 teams in the East, and 6 in the west, only divisional games count to determine who goes to Detroit.

UB (3-0)

MIA (2-1)

TEM (2-2)

BG (2-2)

AKR (1-2)

OHIO (1-2)

KENT (1-3)

UB plays Miami next week. BG plays Akron. If UB wins, and Akron wins. UB is going to Detroit. UB already beat Temple, Akron, Ohio, (And Miami in my scenario) SO they have the tiebreaker vs. all 2 loss teams minus BG. If BG loses to Akron they have 3 losses and are not in the hunt. Obviously this is only my scenario, and I am probably getting ahead of myself, but UB can possibly be bowling in December/January!

saBS.png

Holy :censored: , Nebraska and Texas are still tied.

Also, I don't know what's happening at The World's Greatest Outdoor substance abuse Party, but apparently I'm hearing something about many penalties, Georgia calling a Code Red to celebrate a TD, and enough crazy junk to get me to flip away from Nebraska and Texas.

The whole team running onto the field was solely to tell Florida "We've heard enough of that 15-of-17 :censored:, and we're going to jam this ball down your throat all night long!". How often does your coach tell the team that you're going to run laps on Monday if you don't get penalized for excessive celebration? Especially a coach that's not known for making statements like Richt.

The Junkyard Dawg mentality is back! Haven't seen this since 2002...

For those who missed it...

I freakin' loved that. If that's what it takes to get a team fired up, then I'm all for it. They basically said "Fudge Florida, this is our party, dammit." And like Hedley said, it's especially surprising to see Richt, of all people, doing this. I loved it.

Just got back from PSU-OSU waiting for my fingers to unfreeze, and I have to say, after we were up 7-3, OSU just absolutely destroyed us in every facet of the game from there on out. I thought 20-13 OSU going in, but damn....they really impressed me tonight, I have to say...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Just got back from PSU-OSU waiting for my fingers to unfreeze, and I have to say, after we were up 7-3, OSU just absolutely destroyed us in every facet of the game from there on out. I thought 20-13 OSU going in, but damn....they really impressed me tonight, I have to say...

I am now convinced that OSU is the #1 team in the country. It's their title to lose, IMO.

Well...Fulmer may have just saved his job tonight.

Same with Sly Croom earlier today.

Today, we are all otaku.

Definitely. That just got him at least 2 more years. Obviously his plan wasn't going to be a quick turnaround, but a true rebuilding process. MSU was patient in letting him have his job for this long. Hopefully the patience will pay off with a bowl game.

That being said...it still feels weird for me to be excited about MSU football this late in the year and it has nothing to do with the Egg Bowl. Feels like 2000 all over again. ^_^

Definitely. That just got him at least 2 more years. Obviously his plan wasn't going to be a quick turnaround, but a true rebuilding process. MSU was patient in letting him have his job for this long. Hopefully the patience will pay off with a bowl game.

That being said...it still feels weird for me to be excited about MSU football this late in the year and it has nothing to do with the Egg Bowl. Feels like 2000 all over again. ^_^

Croom's been doing a great job there, and this season is showing it. Not many folks outside Starkville were expecting 5 wins entering November.

Remember, his first two seasons, he was basically short-handed. The Maroon Bulldogs will be a team to watch out for the next couple seasons.

Croom's been doing a great job there, and this season is showing it. Not many folks outside Starkville were expecting 5 wins entering November.

I know I wasn't. I looked at the schedule and figured that UAB and Tulane were the only games I really felt good about, and the Egg Bowl's always a crapshoot, so I figured 3 wins, maximum. But, considering the expectations, this has been a great season thus far. If they keep letting Croom build there, the Dogs'll definitely be back to the status of the late 90s, and maybe beyond.

Archived