"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

So to the people that play for the NCAA DIVISION I NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, the FCS:

#1 ND State had to come back against Cal Poly in the last few seconds to win 31-28.

#2 UNI creamed Indiana State, a team that is going to disband it's program sooner than later, but the win could steal some first place votes from NDSU.

#3 Montana added another easy win to its belt, as they beat Idaho State 27-14. ND State's close win may give them some extra first place votes also.

#4 McNeese St kept themselves in the running for a seed, as they handled NW State 27-21.

#5 SIU is stil alive for two home games, and beat Illinois State 34-24. They play a pesky Hampton next week and could be on upset alert.

#6 Delaware was the lone top ten team to fall this weekend, losing to Richmond in 5 OT, 62-56.

#7 App State kept the Old Mountain Jug as they beat arch rival Western Carolina 79-35. The Apps nearly had 800 yards of total offense.

#8 Richmond beat UD in 5 OT.

#9 UMASS came back after a shocking upset to Rhode Island to beat suprisingly average New Hampshire 27-7.

#10 Delaware State beat Norfolk State 28-21, inching ever closer to the DSU-UD playoff match up later in the month.

Since ND State hasn't been D-I long enough to make the playoffs, I think the top four seeds will go to UNI, Montana, McNeese State, and Appalachian. Yes, I'm bias but part of the seeding process is how much money a school can pull in. No one in I-AA can pack the house like ASU can, and they could impress the board on Saturday as they play a pesky Chattanooga team who upset Georgia Southern this year.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inching ever closer to the DSU-UD playoff match up later in the month.

Any chance the committee will have them meet in the 1st Round to force the two to meet?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thats the talk. Unless one of them lose again, I don't see why they wouldn't. The first round is all about money, and having that game will not only make money, but lots of it

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

From the top.

Starting off with conference leaders...

ACC leader is #10 Virginia Tech, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #14 Virginia.

Big East leader is #6 West Virginia, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #24 Connecticut.

Big Ten leader is #7 Ohio State, as they have a better full-schedule record than #21 Michigan.

Big XII leader is #3 Kansas, the only team unbeaten in the Big XII.

Pac-10 leader is #2 Oregon, via head to head over #8 Arizona State.

SEC leader is #1 Louisiana State, the only one-loss team in the SEC.

By rule, Oklahoma is an automatic qualifier for an at large berth, as they are #4 in the BCS and #3 is not an at-large team.

Our pool of eligible at-large teams are #8 Arizona State, #9 Georgia, #11 Southern California, #12 Florida, and #14 Virginia. #5 Missouri and #13 Texas are ineligible because both Kansas and Oklahoma are guaranteed spots in BCS games.

Obviously, we must take #1 Louisiana State and #2 Oregon for the National Championship Game.

By contractual obligation, #3 Kansas goes to the Fiesta Bowl, #7 Ohio State goes to the Rose Bowl, and #10 Virginia Tech goes to the Orange Bowl.

The Sugar Bowl gets the first selection of at-larges, as compensation for losing #1 Louisiana State to the NCG. I believe that they would take #9 Georgia to fill this void.

The Rose Bowl gets the next selection, as compensation for losing #2 Oregon. To keep the Big Ten-Pac 10 matchup, the Rose Bowl would likely take #8 Arizona State.

Next, the Orange Bowl. They take #4 Oklahoma.

The Fiesta Bowl has the next selection, and we have slim pickings. We'll give the Fiesta Bowl #6 West Virginia.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl would be required to take #14 Virginia, as they are the only at-large team left that is eligible to be selected.

In review:

Rose: #7 Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v #8 Arizona State (At-Large)

Sugar: #9 Georgia (At-Large) v #14 Virginia (At-Large)

Fiesta: #3 Kansas (Big XII Leader) v #6 West Virginia (Big East Leader)

Orange: #10 Virginia Tech (ACC Leader) v #4 Oklahoma (At-Large/AQ)

NCG: #1 Louisiana State (SEC Leader) v #2 Oregon (Pac-10 Leader)

Do we have any arguments with it this week?

LvZYtbZ.png

Not really an arguement opposing it, but I hope Georgia doesn't play Virginia, simply because it seems like they play every 4-5 years in a bowl game. They've played each other twice in the Peach Bowl and once in Hawaii....all since 1995. I'd rather see Georgia face a Southern Cal or Ohio State instead of Virginia......

Not really an arguement opposing it, but I hope Georgia doesn't play Virginia, simply because it seems like they play every 4-5 years in a bowl game. They've played each other twice in the Peach Bowl and once in Hawaii....all since 1995. I'd rather see Georgia face a Southern Cal or Ohio State instead of Virginia......

You know, I did not realize that... that might be cause enough for the Fiesta and Sugar to trade Virginia and West Virginia.

LvZYtbZ.png

You know, I did not realize that... that might be cause enough for the Fiesta and Sugar to trade Virginia and West Virginia.

Yes...lets re-enact the 2006 Sugar Bowl in 2008.

Kind of a no-win there willmorris.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't Georgia play WVU in the Sugar Bowl 2 or 3 years ago?

EDIT: Rams beat me to it.

saBS.png

Yes...lets re-enact the 2006 Sugar Bowl in 2008.

Kind of a no-win there willmorris.

About the only way we'd be able to seemingly fix it is if the Orange Bowl does NOT take Oklahoma there, and instead takes West Virginia. Then Virginia goes to Fiesta and Oklahoma to Sugar.

That said, I don't see why the Orange Bowl would do that.

LvZYtbZ.png

Now this is the reason why I don't really worry about the BCS....a lot is going to happen in the next three weeks.....

-Virginia or Virginia Tech will lose a game.

-Between Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas, two of these teams will drop eventually.

Hell, if things go just as quirky as this season has gone, there could be a situation where LSU plays Georgia.....for the National Championship. And just imagine the backlash the BCS would get if that happens.....

Now this is the reason why I don't really worry about the BCS....a lot is going to happen in the next three weeks.....

-Virginia or Virginia Tech will lose a game.

-Between Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas, two of these teams will drop eventually.

Hell, if things go just as quirky as this season has gone, there could be a situation where LSU plays Georgia.....for the National Championship. And just imagine the backlash the BCS would get if that happens.....

Something apocalyptic would have to happen to multiple teams' seasons for that to work out. Including, possibly, one or two Marshalls.

Today, we are all otaku.

So to the people that play for the NCAA DIVISION I NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, the FCS:

#1 ND State had to come back against Cal Poly in the last few seconds to win 31-28.

#2 UNI creamed Indiana State, a team that is going to disband it's program sooner than later, but the win could steal some first place votes from NDSU.

#3 Montana added another easy win to its belt, as they beat Idaho State 27-14. ND State's close win may give them some extra first place votes also.

#4 McNeese St kept themselves in the running for a seed, as they handled NW State 27-21.

#5 SIU is stil alive for two home games, and beat Illinois State 34-24. They play a pesky Hampton next week and could be on upset alert.

#6 Delaware was the lone top ten team to fall this weekend, losing to Richmond in 5 OT, 62-56.

#7 App State kept the Old Mountain Jug as they beat arch rival Western Carolina 79-35. The Apps nearly had 800 yards of total offense.

#9 UMASS came back after a shocking upset to Rhode Island to beat suprisingly average New Hampshire 27-7.

#10 Delaware State beat Norfolk State 28-21, inching ever closer to the DSU-UD playoff match up later in the month.

Since ND State hasn't been D-I long enough to make the playoffs, I think the top four seeds will go to UNI, Montana, McNeese State, and Appalachian. Yes, I'm bias but part of the seeding process is how much money a school can pull in. No one in I-AA can pack the house like ASU can, and they could impress the board on Saturday as they play a pesky Chattanooga team who upset Georgia Southern this year.

Sadly, NDSU (and SDSU) are in the final year of the reclassification from DII to DI, so they are not even eligable to make the playoffs. If NDSU wins next week, they will be undefeated, ranked #1 or #2 in the polls (depending on which one you look at) and not even have a chance to prove anything in the playoffs. It sucks big time.

Btw, that comeback win against Poly was magical. Steve Walker has ice running through his veins, I hope he gets at least a tryout in the NFL next year.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Sadly, NDSU (and SDSU) are in the final year of the reclassification from DII to DI, so they are not even eligable to make the playoffs. If NDSU wins next week, they will be undefeated, ranked #1 or #2 in the polls (depending on which one you look at) and not even have a chance to prove anything in the playoffs. It sucks big time.

Btw, that comeback win against Poly was magical. Steve Walker has ice running through his veins, I hope he gets at least a tryout in the NFL next year.

The Gateway Conference should be ridiculous next year. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Today, we are all otaku.

BCS

1. LSU 9-1

2. Oregon 8-1

3. Kansas 10-0

4. Oklahoma 9-1

5. Missouri 9-1

6. West Virginia 8-1

7. Ohio State 10-1

8. Arizona State 9-1

9. Georgia 8-2

10. Virginia Tech 8-2

11. USC 8-2

12. Florida 7-3

13. Texas 9-2

14. Virginia 9-2

15. Clemson 8-2

16. Hawaii 9-0

17. Boston College 8-2

18. Boise State 9-1

19. Illinois 8-3

20. Tennessee 7-3

21. Michigan 8-3

22. Cincinnati 8-2

23. Kentucky 7-3

24. Connecticut 8-2

25. Wisconsin 8-3

AP:

1. LSU (40) 9-1 1,590

2. Oregon (22) 8-1 1,574

3. Oklahoma (1) 9-1 1,471

4. Kansas (1) 10-0 1,439

5. West Virginia (1) 8-1 1,340

6. Missouri 9-1 1,336

7. Ohio State 10-1 1,184

8. Georgia 8-2 1,130

9. Arizona State 9-1 1,122

10. Virginia Tech 8-2 1,013

11. USC 8-2 924

12. Texas 9-2 859

13. Hawaii 9-0 827

14. Florida 7-3 814

15. Clemson 8-2 613

16. Virginia 9-2 539

17. Boise State 9-1 533

18. Boston College 8-2 527

19. Tennessee 7-3 488

20. Illinois 8-3 390

21. Cincinnati 8-2 305

22. Kentucky 7-3 283

23. Michigan 8-3 237

24. Wisconsin 8-3 182

25. Connecticut 8-2 127

Others Receiving Votes

Penn State 98, Auburn 72, Brigham Young 56, South Florida 21, California 18, Mississippi State 6, Arkansas 4, Air Force 2, Alabama 1.

Dropped From Rankings

Auburn 18, Alabama 21, California 24.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Kansas is 10-0 and has outscored its opponents 3,542 to 20. Why are they fourth in the AP? I'm asking as someone who has limited knowledge of the Big XII, but is regularly amazed by scores of Kansas games.

EDIT: Nevermind. I answered my own question.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Kansas is 10-0 and has outscored its opponents 3,542 to 20. Why are they fourth in the AP? I'm asking as someone who has limited knowledge of the Big XII, but is regularly amazed by scores of Kansas games.

EDIT: Nevermind. I answered my own question.

10-09-07_ku.jpg

This was not shopped in anyway. This is an actual clip of a headline from that website.

Archived