"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Did I just hear the NBC commentators correctly when they said the Notre Dame students were honoring Weis?!

Also...LOL at Alabama losing to Louisiana-Monroe, and Vandy just choked big time.

In other news Nebraska handled those jerks at Bye State 38-3. Good for Nebraska; Bye State's fans smell funny, are inbred, and reportedly have sexual intercourse with barnyard animals. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I just hear the NBC commentators correctly when they said the Notre Dame students were honoring Weis?!

Also...LOL at Alabama losing to Louisiana-Monroe, and Vandy just choked big time.

In other news Nebraska handled those jerks at Bye State 38-3. Good for Nebraska; Bye State's fans smell funny, are inbred, and reportedly have sexual intercourse with barnyard animals. :P

Hold on... No. That's the wrong score. Bye State won 103-38. See, rams80 forgot that Bye State also has a group of evil people that rigged the scoreboard so that no matter what Nebraska does, the Cornsuckers would still get beaten like a government mule. Oh, and the part about nailing the animals: Dude, why compare the Nebraska cheerleaders to animals?

BTW, yay me! U-Dub is spoiling Cal's good season by beating them in Seattle. Heh heh... We may not go bowling, but we might as well spoil it for the rest of ya bastards!

Hold on... No. That's the wrong score. Bye State won 103-38. See, rams80 forgot that Bye State also has a group of evil people that rigged the scoreboard so that no matter what Nebraska does, the Cornsuckers would still get beaten like a government mule. Oh, and the part about nailing the animals: Dude, why compare the Nebraska cheerleaders to animals?

BTW, yay me! U-Dub is spoiling Cal's good season by beating them in Seattle. Heh heh... We may not go bowling, but we might as well spoil it for the rest of ya bastards!

Since when did the Big XII turn into a Dilbert cartoon?

/threadjack

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ohio State 14

Michigan 3

So long LLLLLLoyd.

What's Mike Hart got to say now? He wasn't even a factor.

He was a factor early,

He was? I must have missed that play.

I honestly think it would have been a totally different game had Mallett played more.

Yeah and you had all sorts of excuses...errr...scenarios that would have meant a different game last year too. You've lost four in a row to Ohio State in just about every way possible. You're not as good as we are. Deal with it.

Yes, Hart was running decent at first, until Ohio State figured out that Henne couldn't throw the ball worth a crap, and if he did throw a decent one, the receivers dropped it. They didn't have to worry about the passing game, so all they had to do is bring everyone up to stop the run. I was not making excuses, I am just saying that Carr should have kept Mallett in, because he was clearly throwing better passes. I understand he wanted Henne to play in his last game, but he should have done what was better for the team and kept Mallett in. Yes, you guys definitely are better than Michigan when their 2 best players are hurt. We don't know what would have happened in different scenarios, so all we can go by is what happened today, and that is Ohio State scored more points than Michigan, so I give you your credit.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Possible Big Ten Bowl Picks

Rose Bowl (Pasadena) - Ohio State

Capital One Bowl (Orlando) - Michigan

Outback Bowl (Tampa) - Illinois

Alamo Bowl (San Antonio) - Wisconsin

Champs Sports Bowl (Orlando) - Penn State

Insight Bowl (Tempe) - Indiana

Motor City Bowl (Detroit) - Michigan State

Purdue, Iowa & Northwestern can hope that other conferences don't have enough eligible teams

I think Indiana will bump Purdue. The story they have going this season is too good to pass up, and more importantly, Indiana beat Purdue today.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yes, you guys definitely are better than Michigan when their 2 best players are hurt. We don't know what would have happened in different scenarios, so all we can go by is what happened today, and that is Ohio State scored more points than Michigan, so I give you your credit.

We were also better last year when their best players were healthy. In fact we've been better 6 of the last 7 times. I don't think two players are responsible for that.

Just saying.

BB52Big.jpg

Yes, you guys definitely are better than Michigan when their 2 best players are hurt. We don't know what would have happened in different scenarios, so all we can go by is what happened today, and that is Ohio State scored more points than Michigan, so I give you your credit.

We were also better last year when their best players were healthy. In fact we've been better 6 of the last 7 times. I don't think two players are responsible for that.

Just saying.

Last year both teams were totally different than they are this year, though. This year, if they were both healthy, you guys still might have won, or we might have won, but we can not be sure either way. I just wasn't all that impressed with the way you guys played today. Of course I wasn't at all impressed with the way Michigan played today, I expected more out of them. We don't know at all what would happen if they were healthy, so let's both not argue, because there is no way to win that argument for either of us.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Texas Tech 27, Oklahoma 10 at the Half :wacko:

It may look like Kansas will be #2 at the end of the week based on merit with Oregon losing and Oklahoma trailing.

Watch Kansas will be #2 for a whole week then lose to Missouri at Arrowhead.

Could we be smelling LSU vs. West Virginia for the national title.

By the way I hope Tennessee loses at Kentucky next weekend. An LSU-Georgia SEC Championship would be more entertaining than an LSU-Tennessee one.

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of jinxing Cap'n Leach, but this could be disastrous for the Big XII.

Today, we are all otaku.

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of jinxing Cap'n Leach, but this could be disastrous for the Big XII.

34-13 Red Raiders after 3.

other things of Note...

Tim Tebow becomes first QB in FBS/1-A history to throw and run for 20 TDs each.

Boise St. lathers Idaho 58-14, showing Hawai'i how to properly put WAC teams to the sword in a final tuneup for their matchup next weekend.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

By the way I hope Tennessee loses at Kentucky next weekend. An LSU-Georgia SEC Championship would be more entertaining than an LSU-Tennessee one.

Same here, but because I prefer Georgia getting a shot to play for the SEC Championship over simply getting an at-large bid to play in a BCS bowl game.

Winning the SEC is more important for Georgia fans than playing for/winning a National Championship.

Last year both teams were totally different than they are this year, though. This year, if they were both healthy, you guys still might have won, or we might have won, but we can not be sure either way. I just wasn't all that impressed with the way you guys played today.

Yeah, I agree. We played terribly on offense and still kicked your asses. Let's deal with facts. You can't keep making excuses and follow it by saying "but we'll never know." It just makes your argument look ridiculous. Healthy or not, Michigan has lost the last four meetings and six of the last seven. Those are the facts and they are indisputable. So how do you want to explain that and follow it with "but we'll never know."

Give it up junior. Your team got beat. Period. Scoreboard.

BB52Big.jpg

34-27 Texas Tech

Yarr.... :P

Oh and Fred...yes Tieria is a complete tool, and possibly a eunuch or a girl, but you have to like the awesome tank-ness of Virtue. ^_^

Today, we are all otaku.

So...

1.LSU

2.Kansas

3.Missouri

4.WVU

5.Ohio State

6.ASU

7.Oregon

8.Georgia

9.VT

10.Oklahoma

???

At the start of the season who would've expected that the game in KC next weekend would be #2 vs. #3? Wow.

I have a feeling Oregon will drop farther, since they also lost Dixon for the season.

Archived