"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, if Missouri loses, there will only be three teams with one loss or less - Ohio State, Kansas, and Hawaii.

Y'all might think I'm nuts, but I think Hawaii deserves the shot, should they win tonight.

Nope. I agree 100%. I thought Boise State should have been named National Champs last season. Undefeated is undefeated. Especially if you knock off a "big school" to get there.

Edit: Welcome to the Big Cluster-:censored:System.

BB52Big.jpg

O-H!

Boomer!

Enjoy the Rose Bowl, Buckeye faithful. Your team don't deserve to back into the National Championship Game because Missouri and West Virginia will get the job done.

Mizzou's best victory this year was a close W in St. Louis against Illinois. You can say they threw away the Oklahoma game all you want, but you don't think it's to a big-game experienced OU's advantage to have already seen this offense?? I'll take my chances

Beware. A Black Storm is brewing.

M-I-Z! F-O-U!! Mizzou! Mizzou! Mizzoooooooou-RAH!

So...um...where and when will this black storm be brewing?

OSU played the teams on their schedule, and only lost to one. I don't get how their entry is "back door." Anyway, they have less wins than other contenders, WVU chocked big time, and the Buckeyes are as legitimate a BCS champion as any other school.

If this season has proved anything, it's that a playoff would help a lot more than it would hurt.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wrong

Geez. You'd think after least season some folks would have learned their lesson...

dummies.PNG*

*Hat tip to a former classmate of mine for this one.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, that #2 spot sure was cursed, huh?

I was hoping WVU and Mizzou would both win, so Ohio State wouldn't get in, but that didn't happen. I guess at least there is a Big Ten team in the National Championship again, but I wish it wasn't the Buckeyes. Anyways, with West Virginia losing, Ohio State definitely deserves to be in. I think Hawaii does too if they win tonight, but we all know they won't be let in. Now it is going to be very interesting to see who gets that other spot. It almost seems like nobody wants it, the way the top teams keep losing.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Wrong

Geez. You'd think after least season some folks would have learned their lesson...

dummies.PNG*

*Hat tip to a former classmate of mine for this one.

Not really smack talk...rather it is just pointing out how wrong two of the most vocal people on the subject of this weekend.

I'll be the first to say that I never would have guessed Pitt to win, but I don't think anyone here thought that except for alumni.

Besides, I pointed out the stat of teams meeting up for a rematch in the Big XII and how the loser of the first game had the odds stacked up against them in the second tilt.

I'm just shocked we're poised (not exactly guaranteed) to make a trip to New Orleans for another shot at the championship.

Two things:
What are OSUs Solid Victories?

They (Ohio State) only played 6 bowl-eligible teams.

The Tigers have played 6 bowl eligible teams.

interesting wording...you sound like ESPN there. (in case you didnt see it, ESPN.com had a poll titled "If Ohio State goes to the National Championship, who's to blame?" no bias there...)

Oh and you forgot one thing. Mizzou beat tOSU's only loss.

No, I didn't forget that. I just didnt wanna play this card...

West Virginia lost to USF who lost to Cincinnati who lost to Pittsburgh

Missouri also lost to Oklahoma who lost to Colorado who lost to Iowa State who lost to Kent State who lost to Northern Illinois

So...maybe we oughta throw Pitt and NIU into the national championship picture? Becuase through this it's pretty obvious Pitt will beat WVU and Northern Illinois could destroy Missouri. I mean, it's only logical

You should know better not to use the Associative property for college football. And even thought I was born in C-bus and lived there for the first 8 years of my live (during the Woody Hayes and Earl Bruce years), you prove to be the obnoxious fans that Colin Cowherd talks about as I hear him on XM Radio going to work. After going to the game at Purdue this year, I have sworn off getting all Big Ten venues off the list. Plus, remember that if it was not for Mr. Clarett, you would not have your latest title.

Plus, as this game ends, you know that Brent has money on the Ravens on Monday night.

My BCS Picks

Championship - Ohio State vs. LSU

Rose Bowl - USC vs. Illinois

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs. Kansas

I'll agree with that, assuming Hawaii is top 12. If Hawaii is not top 12, please sub out Hawaii and replace with Arizona State. (And no, this isn't as simple as win and they're in, I think that Hawaii might still fall out of the top 12 even with a win.)

LvZYtbZ.png

I love it! I absolutely love it, I tell you!!! This is precisely why I prefer the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision. In the FCS, the rankings in the polls help to determine post-season seeding and a team earns a national championship ON THE FIELD.

The BCS and the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision schools that are beholden to it are a farce.

My BCS Picks

Championship - Ohio State vs. LSU

Rose Bowl - USC vs. Illinois

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs. Kansas

I'll agree with that, assuming Hawaii is top 12. If Hawaii is not top 12, please sub out Hawaii and replace with Arizona State. (And no, this isn't as simple as win and they're in, I think that Hawaii might still fall out of the top 12 even with a win.)

Agree with you on Hawaii being replaced by Arizona State which could happen since Hawaii is losing to UW.

Archived