The NEW Winnipeg Jets

TML13

well being from Winnipeg i've always had a spot for the Jets and had a urge to do a redesign for them. so without further delay. i present the new look Winnipeg Jets!(once they relocate from Nashville of course :P ...well i can hope)

First is the Logo. and before i start YES i used the Jet from the previous Houston Aeros logo. but i only have MS Paint to work with and its pretty much exactly what i wanted so...meh.anyways i wanted to completly modernize the Jets logo while keeping the same basic idea(wording and Jet inside the circle)and i feel i accomplished my goal.

NewJetsLogo.png

And now the Uniforms.

Home:

JetsHome.png

Away:

JetsAway.png

so there it is. the new Jets. what do you think?

Just as Houstonians didn't like the "Mig", I doubt Winnipeggers would as well. It's a pretty good concept except for the logo, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just as Houstonians didn't like the "Mig", I doubt Winnipeggers would as well. It's a pretty good concept except for the logo, though.

i knew it was a risk usng the Aeros logo when i made it for that very reason but i dont know it sums up "Jets" pretty well and i dont think its all that bad.

i knew it was a risk usng the Aeros logo when i made it for that very reason but i dont know it sums up "Jets" pretty well and i dont think its all that bad.

I've seen suggestions involving the Avro Arrow in the past. Maybe try to manipulate a photo of that.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I like the logo but u should have the primary as just the Jet in the circle then for secoundary logo as the winnipeg jets wordmark in the circle. not feelin the jerseys tho.

That's exactly what I was thinking, except for the crest, just the jet not the circle. Keep the Goals for Kids on one shoulder, the wordmark in a circle on the other one.

Why do Houstonians refer to that logo as the MIG, when it's clearly an F/A-18 E/F SuperHornet

I believe I've done this before.... ^_^

F-18.jpg F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet

Mig.gif Logo

Mig25.jpg Mig-25 Foxbat (what the logo is.)

Today, we are all otaku.

I've seen suggestions involving the Avro Arrow in the past. Maybe try to manipulate a photo of that.

That is the only jet that the Winnipeg Jets should use. It is "the" jet that represents Canadian aviation. Using any other non Avro jet makes no sense.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Aside from drawing an oval and creating a "JETS" font, there is ver little creativity in this. The jet is the "Old/new" Houston Aeros logo and the uniforms look like altered version of the Russian olympic jersey. I admiore you desire to be creative but it is not very good when it is not your ideas th

well being from Winnipeg i've always had a spot for the Jets and had a urge to do a redesign for them. so without further delay. i present the new look Winnipeg Jets!(once they relocate from Nashville of course :P ...well i can hope)

First is the Logo. and before i start YES i used the Jet from the previous Houston Aeros logo. but i only have MS Paint to work with and its pretty much exactly what i wanted so...meh.anyways i wanted to completly modernize the Jets logo while keeping the same basic idea(wording and Jet inside the circle)and i feel i accomplished my goal.

NewJetsLogo.png

And now the Uniforms.

Home:

JetsHome.png

Away:

JetsAway.png

so there it is. the new Jets. what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
but i only have MS Paint to work with

Oh no you di-in't. :P

i'm sorry i dont follow... :blink:

Quickie explanation: "I only have MSPaint" is the copout of all copouts here. Strike it from your future dialogues. People can make tremendous concepts with MSPaint; conversely, people can churn out utter :censored: with high-end design software. Quality is quality, irrespective of design program. If you have creativity, talent and the ability to sweat every last detail, you'll make a fine concept. Moving on...

The primary logo is entirely too busy. The jet obscures the wordmark and makes it almost impossible to read. Not only that, it's redundant - do you really need to have the word "JETS" behind a picture of a jet? It doesn't work as a primary logo, and it really doesn't work as a sweater crest. Very few teams use a full wordmark in their crests; why not just use the jet silhouette by itself? Finally, would likely division rival San Jose really want a team in Winnipeg using their unique name/number font so obviously?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived