St. louis blues concept

vicfurth

Nice concept but I think it would work better with a saxophone.

signature.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I like the white "bluenote".  I never ever envisioned it as such.  As for the concept, I can't say that I like it.  Try again with the white note.
Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Since everyone finds it "interesting"...

I did the note in blue on the home because, IMO, it blended way too much with the blue and looked like merely an outline. Again, my #1 rule is don't put a logo on the same color background.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm a bit confused on the sleeve striping for the home and away...will it look like this: >--- from the side?

If you're going to put a lot of stripes on it, try 5 stripes, to mimic a musical staff.

I don't think the guitar/moon logo works. It reminds me too much of the old Coyotes logo, and the gold numbers are too pale for a light blue sweater.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I prefer their current unis--which are based on throwbacks to their older style--I'm glad they got rid of all that red.

As for the alternat--well when I think of blues I think of guitars too, but not SG's.  Guitars say Blues to me wya more than a szx does--but hey that's me--If you used a guitar I'd copy BB King's Lucille--it's more associated with blues, or even a Strat, or a resonator guitar.

BB King

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i like the home and away, but i agree with jpslapshot22's sentiment that 5 stripes should be used.

i think chris pronger would pull your jersey over your head and pummel you if you tried to make him wear that alt. it's way too plain and a guitar just doesn't fit with the team's theme. it would be like putting james hetfield's picture on a utah jazz alt.

i agree that a saxophone would look nicer.

edit: how's this for an alt.

blues_joke.gif

I'm all for kicking a man whlie he's down so...

The color scheme is killing me... the light blue & gold just aren't working togther... one of them needs to change.

I don't have a probelm with a guitar as the alt logo, but I like teh sax idea better. That alt jersey is too plain (and again, the color).

But, to end on a positive note, I like the sleeve striping, and the use of the white logo on the home unis.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I didn't think this deserved the hammerinmg everyone seems to have given it. Althought the on the alt. loo, the guitar looks at the wrong angle to me. It seems to be pointing slightly down, when pointing slightly up would be an improvement. And as blues can be played on thr guitar it fits fine.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i like the home and away, but i agree with jpslapshot22's sentiment that 5 stripes should be used.

i think chris pronger would pull your jersey over your head and pummel you if you tried to make him wear that alt. it's way too plain and a guitar just doesn't fit with the team's theme. it would be like putting james hetfield's picture on a utah jazz alt.

i agree that a saxophone would look nicer.

edit: how's this for an alt.

blues_joke.gif

I'm sticking with guitar--when I think blues I think guitar--as in BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Robert Johnson, Luther Allison, T-Bone Walker, Johny Winter, Blind Willie Johnson, Rev Gary Davis, etc, etc

The second thing I think of is harmonica---with guitar --Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee for example--

A guitar makes sense for a team called the Blues--so does a sax as well--but many people would think of  guitar first.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived