The Louisville Cardinals

MattMilone

Ok, so there's alot going on here. While on vacation, I caught a Louisville game and said "hey, that logo sucks." So I made a new one. Also made alteration to their jerseys to better incorporate black and gold. I also tried to avoid monochromes, since the Cards red on red is kinda hideous. So I need a lot of C&C. There's something about the logo I'm not feeling right now, but I can't quite put my fingers on it. Anywho, let's look at the concept. I present Version 1 of the Louisville Cardinals re-branding.

LouisvilleCardinals.jpg

C&C Please.

Ok, so there's alot going on here. While on vacation, I caught a Louisville game and said "hey, that logo sucks." So I made a new one. Also made alteration to their jerseys to better incorporate black and gold. I also tried to avoid monochromes, since the Cards red on red is kinda hideous. So I need a lot of C&C. There's something about the logo I'm not feeling right now, but I can't quite put my fingers on it. Anywho, let's look at the concept. I present Version 1 of the Louisville Cardinals re-branding.

LouisvilleCardinals.jpg

C&C Please.

Well regarding the logo, the biggest thing is that the beak is all one part. There needs to be two seperate parts.

For the unis, I like them, but they resemble Maryland's too much (which I don't like). I think white pants would look better for the home, and personally I don't like the black in their unis and think they'd look better if it looked more like Kansas City's.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The logo looks like a muppet but the jerseys are good.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Same of :censored:: Logo looks horrible.

New :censored:: They got rid of the yellow because it's not officially a school color. The colors are Red, Black, and White. The unis look great but they'd only use them if the yellow is removed because the only place they're content on keeping it is in the logo.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I don't know why you would have said "That logo sucks." after viewing the Louisville logo. It really doesn't suck at all, and yours is really not making me want to replace it. I actually think the uniforms are all right, though, so good job there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ok, so here is the official punch-out. :cry: So going in to this I knew full well the logo wasn't finished or good. I was hoping some feedback would help get me there. It didn't. I've been trying to retool the thing and it just isn't happening. So what I could do is admit defeat, put the old logo back on (which is absolutely better than mine) and keep the jerseys. But, from what is seems, no one really like those either, at least compared to their current set. They ditched yellow for a reason, I didn't know that. So really, my concept is completely mute is every way shape and form. So many would ask, why post that not going to update and just giving up? Well, because I think it's pretty sleazy for me to just act like this thread never existed, post a new one with some new concept, and hope this gets buried fast. I can't do that, because I think it's just childish. I made a :censored: concept, and I have to own up to that.

The logo is salvagable. It's not that it's terrible, IMO, as much as it just doesn't fit with the modern unis you've made. This would be really good, however, should you decide to make a very traditional Louisville concept. When I saw your logo at first, I didn't like it too much, but the more I look I'm getting a 3/4-view, Baltimore Orioles vibe.

You could improve the logo by focusing on the mouth area. That and maybe make the eye-area "pop" more.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived