NHL Winter Classic logo

jkrdevil

How about Wild/Stars at the Gophers' new TCF Bank Stadium in the 2009-2010 season?

i've been begging for this since the habs/oilers game.

my vision:

old-timers game before the NHL game, with north stars/dallas stars/minnesota wild alumni (if any) randomly split between 2 teams, wearing north stars sweaters.

then have the wild wearing their red faux-back jerseys, and the stars wearing the 60's or 70's north stars unis.

numbers 8, and 19 would be off limits in the retiree' game. 7 would only be available if neal decides to participate :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it kind of dumb to have a flame in the same logo as snow?

Huh, a flame? You know, it never dawned on me that that's what the amorphous blob of the Amp logo was. *shrugs*

I'm disappointed that the game has a corporate sponsor... but since it seems like they're using it as a college bowl replacement for the network, it makes a lot of sense.

I just hope I'm able to get my tickets today.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

How about Wild/Stars at the Gophers' new TCF Bank Stadium in the 2009-2010 season?

You go to the head of the class. A+

The Blackhawks would also be a welcome opponent.

Either way, it would be the hottest ticket in town.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Could it work having two American teams playing at a neutral site in Canada...or even one U.S., one Canadian? By work, I guess I mean would it draw well in the case of 2 American teams? Maybe hold the game in a former NHL city such as Winnipeg or Quebec (assuming there's such a venue available).

In any event, Minnesota seems like a lock at some point. Denver would seem pretty logical too.

Maybe hold the game in a former NHL city such as Winnipeg or Quebec (assuming there's such a venue available).

Phoenix v Chicago, in Canad Inns (nee Winnipeg) Stadium would work; with temp seats, they can cram 45,000 in there.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why not Blackhawks/Red Wings at Wrigley?

Don't you think Soldier's Field would be a better venue for that?

I'd love to see an outdoor Hawks game. They can use all the stunts they can think of to sell tickets. Hell, why not do the All-Star game outside? That would be interesting for a year or two at least. I might actually look up what channel Vs. was to watch an outdoor All-Star game.

You go to the head of the class. A+

The Blackhawks would also be a welcome opponent.

Either way, it would be the hottest ticket in town.

Actually I'd love to see a three-level tripleheader, for an all-day-and-evening outdoor hockey event:

MN high school: Two high-ranked teams, preferably a metro-area team vs. an outstate team. Centennial vs. Moorhead comes to mind.

College: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin

NHL: Wild vs. Stars, Blackhawks or Canucks

CCSLC signature.png

i've been begging for this since the habs/oilers game.

my vision:

old-timers game before the NHL game, with north stars/dallas stars/minnesota wild alumni (if any) randomly split between 2 teams, wearing north stars sweaters.

then have the wild wearing their red faux-back jerseys, and the stars wearing the 60's or 70's north stars unis.

numbers 8, and 19 would be off limits in the retiree' game. 7 would only be available if neal decides to participate :)

I would thoroughly enjoy that. An NHL outdoor game in the Twin Cities in THAT venue with the Minneapolis backdrop.

North Stars alumni wearing the 1991 jerseys and the Wild wearing last year's alternate jersey. I don't like this year's new home jersey.

Hopefully New York City will host a future game at Yankee Stadium (the current one or future one) or Citi Field. I wouldn't mind it at the future New York Giants/New York Jets new stadium, but it's technically in New Jersey and therefore the Devils likely would be the host team.

I wonder which will survive longer, this annual tradition or this soft drink brand.

Here's hoping this is an annual thing -- Leafs/Habs at the Rogers Centre is a must one year

We could have an exhibition game at Dolphin Stadium in August...let's see how long the ice lasts :P

You could check out anytime you like, but you could never leave.

This event has quickly taken on the nickname of the "Ice Bowl".

Any chances the NHL changes the name in following years?

I prefer Winter Classic as the official, but we'll see.

Speaking of the Ice Bowl, what about a game at the Frozen Tundra: Lambeau Field

Been done before.

Archived