New KU Reds

bri1275

Man....those coulda been a whole lot cooler, but adidas, in a blind attempt to be the anti-Nike, decided to make them ultra-plain.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

That "5" is astoundingly poor. Though for digit wretchedness, I don't know if anything tops what I saw the Irish Rugby team wearing today.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, Kansas sucks at everything, haha!

Seriously though, the helmets don't bother me at all, but like you all said, that number font is horrible. Now I can't wait for Mizzou to kick their asses while their wearing that, even though I'm not a big fan of Missouri's uniforms either. Also, is any one else reminded of the New York Giants when you see these?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Is it the University of Kansas or Kansas University? I've never undertood why colleges switch it up for logo's/atheletics.

It's the University of Kansas but it's traditional to say "KU." Just like "University of Oklahoma" and "OU."

Although, Roy Williams' first set of KU basketball uniforms did say "Kansas University" on them rather than just "Kansas."

The helmet's OK. The font on the jersies is going to take some getting used to, but it's not horrible.

And as far as the "Giants" look goes, you shoulda seen them in the mid-80's, I think it was. They took the Jayhawk off the helmet, made the unis navy blue and put KANSAS on the helmet in Giants type.

I think the last time the Jayhawk was on the helmet was 1986, give or take a year or two.

Is it the University of Kansas or Kansas University? I've never undertood why colleges switch it up for logo's/atheletics.

It's a Big 8 thing. Kansas became KU, Missouri became MU, Oklahoma became OU, Nebraska's NU, Colorado's CU. I never got it either, but it's fairly common.

I tried buying the "Trajan Sucks" shirt, but it led to a bad PayPal link. Any suggestions? And this shirt would've been so much more versatile when Duke's highly overrated "Alaskan Assassin" was thought to be good. But that Trajan sucks, too. :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's a Big 8 thing. Kansas became KU, Missouri became MU, Oklahoma became OU, Nebraska's NU, Colorado's CU. I never got it either, but it's fairly common.

This whole grammatically-incorrect-abbreviation thing is just another example of red states being pwned by blue states. At least the IU where Bobby Knight used to coach actually is Indiana University.

BACK ON TOPIC -- As for the number font, I have no problem with unusual fonts. However, Trajan isn't one that works on a football uniform.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This whole grammatically-incorrect-abbreviation thing is just another example of red states being pwned by blue states. At least the IU where Bobby Knight used to coach actually is Indiana University.

BACK ON TOPIC -- As for the number font, I have no problem with unusual fonts. However, Trajan isn't one that works on a football uniform.

Agreed on both counts.

Trajan might be an interesting letter font, but the numbers are awful. Traditional block numbers would have sufficed.

Archived