CONCEPT81: NFL Gridiron Game Shorts

bigdub81

I was on another forum where we were discussing the NFL not marketing any pants / shorts that were matches to a team's uniform. The idea was simple to have some plain athletic shorts along the lines of what the NBA wear's but it would carry the same marks, logos, stripes, etc. that any particular NFL team would wear. A compliment to a team jersey just to say. It was also put out that for teams who play in colder climates, the market for NFL shorts in areas such as Green Bay, Chicago, and New York, during winter months the shorts would not sell except for 'crazy' fans! The remedy for that was a windpant type of set-up where the the lower half of the pants (just below the knee) would be able to detach as the person wearing saw fit. Thus it would serve both purposes wether in Pittsburgh or Miami! With this thread I only did the short's set to see how each team would look. I've almost completed all 32 teams and will post them later. FYI: 1) Teams that don't have a hip logo has their logo placed on the lower left knee in the front. 2) The Reebok and NFL Equipment, logo are placed on the front where they are because that's how it is on the team issued pants (even though a person with an un-tucked jersey would cover it...fine me if you want NFL). 3) Because of stripe patterns being on the side the only pockets would be on the back (behind) which would also carry the teams wordmark (I really don't have to show you how it would look so just imagine). C&C as usual and thanks for checking out my post (sorry it's so long)!

CONCEPT81-NFLGGShorts-AFCEast.jpg

Ow! I like those a lot. Great idea, I'd buy a Rams pair in a heartbeat. I'd actally love to see what these would look like as sweatpants, since football is primarily played in the winter months.

Great job on these!

Why not just buy a pair of gold shorts? :P these are an extremely nice idea, ive often wished that i had team colored pants with the stripes and everything to match my replica jersey... id love to see these produced, id definately have to buy a few pair...

*Update: AFC North & South

I know I didn't carry the white part up to the waist band on the Bengals, black shorts...I was just lazy about it! And yes I also hate the Browns, reversed stripe that they use now on the white pants. I only did it this way cause' that's how the official pants have them and I put the helmet down as their logo since it's used by almost every TV station when doing coverage of the team. I didn't want to put the elf, dog or football 'b' logo on the shorts so no violence would become of someone on this board!! :D

NFLShorts-AFCSouth.jpg

NFLShorts-AFCNorth.jpg

personally, I feel that even for teams that have logos on the hips of the pants, that the logo should be on the pant leg just like the rest of them....

simply because most people would be wearing a t shirt or jersey untucked with them, and it would obstruct any logo that is placed on the hip.

Ow! I like those a lot. Great idea, I'd buy a Rams pair in a heartbeat. I'd actally love to see what these would look like as sweatpants, since football is primarily played in the winter months.

Great job on these!

Why not just buy a pair of gold shorts? :P these are an extremely nice idea, ive often wished that i had team colored pants with the stripes and everything to match my replica jersey... id love to see these produced, id definately have to buy a few pair...

Becau- Touche my friend, touche. ^_^

I'll restate: the Rams ALTERNATE pants, white with blue/gold stripe, those would be a sharp pair of shorts.

Ok here's everybody else except for the AFC and NFC West. The Chargers, shorts is giving me a few problems but everybody else is done so I'll post em' later! Thanks!!

Side Notes:

...I know the Falcons, have an alternate set of white pants that has a black insert....just didn't feel like doing them! Sorry!

...I don't know if the Cowboys, use two sets of pants one being a silver and the other that greenish silver so I went with the greenish one that I know they wear. If they do have two sets, let me know and I'll make them along with the alternate white ones for the Falcons.

...I did place the Viking, logo on the side insert as it is on their pants. The trim is so close to the edge of the shorts that it is barely visible, but there!

...Until last night I did not know that Philly, actually has their dark grey/silver in both sets of their pants!

personally, I feel that even for teams that have logos on the hips of the pants, that the logo should be on the pant leg just like the rest of them....

simply because most people would be wearing a t shirt or jersey untucked with them, and it would obstruct any logo that is placed on the hip.

Yeah I know I said that when I posted this but still and all I'm sticking to how the pants look on the field as much as possible. You gotta' know that if Reebok and the NFL did have the brains to put these into production, knowing Reebok, they might put their logos all at the bottom or what not. I don't think a team without a hip logo would let them get away with making the shorts even with just a wordmark on the backside to say what team it is. I don't care for the logos on the front but yet and still these are fashion shorts 'fashioned' after the actual team wear.

NFLShorts-NFCSouth.jpg

NFLShorts-NFCEast.jpg

NFLShorts-NFCNorth.jpg

You should really consider expanding this project into sweatpants or trackpants.

I mean...all of these is FIRE, my friend. But sweats? It'd be a LOCK.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would definitely buy a Rams pair, and I think it would be awesome to have track pants to go along with them as well. You could take this into college teams as well, that would be awesome! Very nice work on these man!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

One minor correction: Broncos have blue on their white pants.

Broncos_Cardinals_Football_9_t600.JPG

Besides that, this is excellent. This idea is one that I have thought of in the past, but you have really made it come to life. Way to go.

Ok for the Bronco's, pants...that's not all my fault since I was going by what I remember and to be on the safe side I googled this pic of Lynch, just to make sure cause' I did remember them wearing pants with an outline against the stripe but I just didn't know how or on which one's! This just means that they have a third set of pants that I was unaware of so I'll make them just to complete it as well as the Rams....I couldn't remember how the stripes went on the blue pants and I couldn't find a pic on google so I didn't do it. I honestly thought that they retired them but after seeing them wear em' today I'll make the set! Thanks anway peoples, love the respect!

ByronLynch.jpg

Archived