Who to get on my jersey?

spyboy1

I haven't done one of these for a while.

I've got a vintage Islanders jersey that I am going to put NHL 75th Anniversary and Islanders 20th anniversary patches on.

These were worn in the 91-92 season, long after the 80's dynasty had faded and the team had fallen on some hard times.

Here's the roster from that season to choose from.

Islanders 91-92 Roster

Who would you choose?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i'd go with benoit hogue... he's one of the coolest people i've ever met.

and also, marty mcinnis is a player i haven't thought about in years, so he's also a good choice.

Steve Thomas or Pierre Turgeon.

I'll second one of these guys. Thomas has always played with alot of heart, no matter which city he's in. Turgeon was Turgeon, and is always a safe bet.

If you wanted to go more obscure, go with Fitzpatrick. A goalie is usually a solid bet, but stay away from Glenn Healy.

I'd say Chicken Parm, Ray Ferraro.

Chicken Parm? Uh, what's up with that nickname?

Was Steve Thomas an assistant captian?

Flatley was captain and Ferraro was an assistant. Turgeon was did not wear the "A".

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Flatley was captain and Ferraro was an assistant. Turgeon was did not wear the "A".

Thomas did not wear an "A" that year.

Flatley became Captain upon the trade of Brent Sutter early in the season that brought Thomas to the Island. I believe at the beginning of the season Flatley was one of the "A's."

I'm annoyed that for the life of me I cannot remember who the other "A" was that season nor could I locate the answer either online or in 12 seasons worth of Islanders media guides.

Thomas did not wear an "A" that year.

Flatley became Captain upon the trade of Brent Sutter early in the season that brought Thomas to the Island. I believe at the beginning of the season Flatley was one of the "A's."

I'm annoyed that for the life of me I cannot remember who the other "A" was that season nor could I locate the answer either online or in 12 seasons worth of Islanders media guides.

Thanks for taking the time to look all that up. I really think I'm leaning towards Ferraro and a big part of that is because he wore the "A" and the Islanders "A' had these unique serifs on them that look really cool.

Islanders91-92F.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived