Fargo Force

Joshawaggie

forceCOLOR.jpg

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm...;section=sports

interesting they picked just "Fargo", where as a majority of all minor league teams choose "Fargo-Moorhead" to appease the sister city.

I'm not too sold on the name or logo. I think Phantoms would have been a more interesting choice from the finalists.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Even though I'm usually against using illiteration in team names I think it fits in this case. Phantoms might have been better, or even Fury. The logo leaves nothing to be desired. UGH!

I was pushing for "Fargo Woodchippers" with the logo being Steve Buscemi's leg...

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

Pretty ugly I think. But one of my good friends will be playing for them in the near future probably. He was the 1st Overall Pick in the recent USHL draft. Even though their logo is ugly, their arena is suppose to be pretty cool I hear.

Huskiescoathangnew.gifminnesota-dna.png

I, too, don't like Fargo Force. What's the mascot going to be, Darth Vader?

And I'm a little tired of illiteration for names. Sure, some of the other names that start with an F sound good, but there are much better nicknames around that would suit Fargo, the Red River Valley or North Dakota.

As for it being the Fargo Force instead of the Fargo-Moorhead Force, that's something I think you'll see more of because of the rise of other towns around Fargo. West Fargo, for example, nearly has as many people as Moorhead. And Fargo is well over twice as big as both sister cities. So you'll see Fargo more in the future instead of Fargo-Moorhead ... I think.

I was pushing for "Fargo Woodchippers" with the logo being Steve Buscemi's leg...

Or Fargo North Decoders...

Even money says the arena's not done in time for next season.

I think it will be, but if not, they can just play in the old Collosieum, no big deal.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

forceCOLOR.jpg

interesting they picked just "Fargo", where as a majority of all minor league teams choose "Fargo-Moorhead" to appease the sister city.

I'm not too sold on the name or logo. I think Phantoms would have been a more interesting choice from the finalists.

The font doesn't match the style of the...."swoosh" (?)....and the swoosh...has no connection with...well, anything.

So many great designers....so many owners willing to let their 7 year old nieces or their personal assistants design logos.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

So many great designers....so many owners willing to let their 7 year old nieces or their personal assistants design logos.

Well, I know the NEXT USHL team to be announced will have a professionally-designed logo... if the owner can ever decide on a name/logo/concept... :rolleyes:

I think it will be, but if not, they can just play in the old Collosieum, no big deal.

The Jets may have something to say about that...

forceCOLOR.jpg

The font doesn't match the style of the...."swoosh" (?)....and the swoosh...has no connection with...well, anything.

So THATS why its so hard for me to find design work lately!

^_^

The Jets may have something to say about that...

I realize that, but I'm sure something could be worked out for a short time period.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well, I know the NEXT USHL team to be announced will have a professionally-designed logo... if the owner can ever decide on a name/logo/concept...

Care to elaborate Marc?? ;)

Wish I could. The market and owner aren't as big a secret as the owner would like to think, as they both have been mentioned in newspapers (outside the market in question, however)... but I still need to hold it close to my vest. I will say that the designer is someone from here, and having seen most if not all of the work he's done trying to develop something for this franchise, I hope he posts all the rejections and prototypes as an exercise in brand-building (and patience)...

Archived