Packers in all white socks

harva4

Yeah, it seems like Woodson and Harris are on a mission to get fined. I remember a couple weeks ago they both wore yellow shoes with black tape that came all the way up to the green on the socks, so no white was showing. Also the fact they they used black tape was an offense, since GB's shoe color is white. Tonight Woodson had his white socks pulled all the way up OVER his pants. It looked ridiculous. What is so friggin hard about wearing your uniform the right way.

If you wanna stand out, do it with your play.

I really hope the League steps in, and steps in hard.

The way they played, I hope Coach McCarthy fines them as well.

Silly statements like this are for men who can't make their name on the field. Harris in particular should be trying very hard not to call any more attention to himself.

Kind of like Dré Bly bragging during player introductions about how the corners were goinfg to shut down the Packers, then watching helplessly as Greg Jennings walks right around him for the game-winner on the first play from scrimmage in OT. Just shut up and do your job, all of you. If you do your job well, then just maybe you can talk yourself up. But not until then.

Wait, you're complaining about these players high white socks, you can see the green on their knees, and yet you're not complaining about Denver's low blues which are by NFL rules too low? Why should the NFL fine a player because of how much blue or white a player has? It's become to friggin sterile in some aspects. I just don't understand why people or the NFL will get ticked about socks and yet has nothing to say about the disappearing sleeves. If they're going to fine for socks, they need to fine for the lack of length of jersey sleeves also.

Hello, spoiled rich, attention grabbing athlete! Your job requires a uniform. Imagine if cops/soldiers started walking around tailoring their uniforms to "reflect their image." I think fining them $5000 or whatever when they make $500,000 or more per game would be like work charging us the $5 for dress down Friday. These players are trying to coax the NFL into fining them heavily or suspending them so they can bring more attention to themselves and what "getting fined/suspended over socks" does for their publicity instead of accepting the requirements for their job and playing by the rules. This is getting rediculous. I think it's a blantent defiance of rules. I'm not sure if you can see very much white (if any) on some players' socks (the Vikes D might be the worst). It looks bush league.

KISSwall09.jpg

Wait, you're complaining about these players high white socks, you can see the green on their knees, and yet you're not complaining about Denver's low blues which are by NFL rules too low? Why should the NFL fine a player because of how much blue or white a player has? It's become to friggin sterile in some aspects. I just don't understand why people or the NFL will get ticked about socks and yet has nothing to say about the disappearing sleeves. If they're going to fine for socks, they need to fine for the lack of length of jersey sleeves also.

No, the Denver low socks look terrible too. And that's not green on his knees, those are his bare knees. When they stood up straight there was no green showing at all-like I said, Woodson had the damn socks hiked up over his yellow pants. And about the sleeves, that's more of an evolution-of-the-game thing. Nobody wants to be held, so the sleeves get shorter, so what are you gonna do? That's more on Reebok. But socks are still something totally in ther players' control. And don't tell me it's the No Fun League and blah-blah, you can express your individuality while keeping your socks at a decent length. Wear some damn wristbands on your elbows or something.

And about the sleeves, I still think they should develop a sleeve that's longer, like almost down to the elbow, that would be skin tight, maybe made out of elastic/spandex. That way you could get nice big sleeve designs, and the players couldn't bitch about being held. And we wouldn't have to look at their armpits. :D

Forget fines as the main punishment. If a player is in violation of uniform code, he shouldn't be allowed to take the field. Put it on the team staff to get their players to behave.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

What is so friggin hard about wearing your uniform the right way.

If you wanna stand out, do it with your play.

Sounds like a frustrated Bears fan. B) At least they still looked better than those orange beasts Chicago sported on Sunday.

Funny... people want to call players spoiled and claim they're just trying to draw attention to themselves, yet want to complain when the No Fun League lives up to its image.

I could see if they were altering their uniforms to get an unfair advantage or make it difficult for officials (and us fans) to distinguish them, but we're talking about some f***in' socks for f*** sake!!!

Besides, how exactly are socks going to draw any attention? I doubt anyone who doesn't have enough of an interest in sports uniforms to participate in an internet forum such as this even noticed. And if they do get fined, they'll probably get a blurb in the local paper and, if they're lucky, a sentence on the ESPN ticker... THAT'S IT.

I think the real reason why everyone here has a problem with Woodson & Harris' socks is because they don't think it looks good. I seem to remember a thread not too far back where everyone jumped on the Chad Johnson chinstrap bandwagon... a little consistency would be nice.

Funny... people want to call players spoiled and claim they're just trying to draw attention to themselves, yet want to complain when the No Fun League lives up to its image.

Not me - I think all the whinging about "No Fun League" is just that, and I have never had any time for it.

Besides, how exactly are socks going to draw any attention? I doubt anyone who doesn't have enough of an interest in sports uniforms to participate in an internet forum such as this even noticed. And if they do get fined, they'll probably get a blurb in the local paper and, if they're lucky, a sentence on the ESPN ticker... THAT'S IT.

If they didn't get attention for it, they wouldn't do it.

Do you seriously believe that Clinton Portis doesn't think this will get noticed?

PH2005111002038.jpg

I could see if they were altering their uniforms to get an unfair advantage or make it difficult for officials (and us fans) to distinguish them, but we're talking about some f***in' socks for f*** sake!!!

Are you sure you're on the right boards? :P

I don't know why he did it... for all we know, he just has really bad taste.

All Ocho-Cinco-Chinstrap hypocrisy aside, is this really that much different than teammates having different colored under armor sleeves (some in the team color, others in white)?

No, and that ought not be allowed either.

"Uniform" means just that. Uniform. They should not be modified because someone feels a puerile need to seek attention.

If you want to make a statement, do it with your play. Don't mess with the uniform (and for those like Al Harris, who couldn't distinguish himself through his play if he was facing the Rams' practice squad, it's downright sickening).

The NFL has especially set it self apart from other major sports in the matters of regulating uniform attire. I've said it before, I don't always agree with their regualtions and rules pertaining to uniforms but they've done a fantastic job keeping the integrity of the football uniform intact while still infusing modernization from time to time. They've also kept the lunatics from running the asylum by disallowing most forms of individuality in dress. Hey, if a player wants to stand out of the crowd then they can do so with their gameplay, not their uniform. Afterall, the defintion of the word "uniform" doesn't say anything about "individuality". :D

Archived