Tampa Bay Rays

eRay

Hey out there.

I have been working on this off and on since word first broke that they were getting a new identity. When I saw their new look I felt like most of y'all did. I kept working on this and it is now at the point where I want some feeback. I want them to stay unique, so I tried to have an original color scheme that uses some of their old colors. I also wanted them to seem a little bit playful, not quite as serious as the Yankees or Red Sox or Dodgers or Tigers, again, being unique. Anyway, let me know what you think, please.

Rays_Logos.png

Rays_Home.png

Rays_Away.png

Rays_Alt.png

Thanks!

I really love the ball/sun logo. That is really well done! It doesn't belong on the hat, though. Also, I'd make the color of the logo on the hat different than the color of the hat. The block number font isn't working for me either. Doesn't go well with the wordmark. Lastly, it's alright, but I don't really like the navy blue road colors.

Personally I would use more of the blues and less of the yellow. The logo with the sun looks like a hotel logo, and isn't very strong in my opinion, although it could work. The thing is: the logo doesn't look good on a hat to me. The biggest thing I would change though is the font, not a big fan of that at all.

Keep working on it though. I think your going in the right direction. I think the Rays are one of the harder teams to work with when it comes to concepts.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I do think the alternate is bright, but it's different, and I like that.

The logo is just plain brilliant.

Good work.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Your home cap is unreadable.

The away cap looks like a blob.

Your font is boring.

You make the Nationals mistake by having the home and away unis have completely separate colors.

Do you really think the yellow sleeves on the vest look good?

I do like your palette. Lt. Blue, Navy and Yellow can work.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Your home cap is unreadable.

The away cap looks like a blob.

Your font is boring.

You make the Nationals mistake by having the home and away unis have completely separate colors.

Do you really think the yellow sleeves on the vest look good?

I do like your palette. Lt. Blue, Navy and Yellow can work.

That's not a mistake. It can usually work when a team has 2 dominant colors, one lighter and one darker. While I would prefer the Nats to go mainly navy, it's not due to it being a mistake to have 2 different colored sets. It's just my preference for that team.

If the TB is gonna remain light blue on light blue, you do need a white outling somewhere. It's almost a must to have a white outline with a logo the same color as the hat. It helps make it more visible.

While I don't think I'd want this as the uni, it's very interesting and has some keepers within it. I like the logo, but not for the hat. I like the use of the colors, and don't mind the difference between the home and away too much. I don't like the font at all. Just me. I also think the alt's a bit much, especially with the Rays "trying" to have a more classic look.

The light blue hat: I like how you incorporate all three colors, along with white, but I also would prefer the letters to not be the same color as the hat. I always disliked that on the old Rays hat, and I still don't like it on the Angels' current hat (I'd prefer to have the same Angels set with the older style of having the navy hat, red bill).

Archived