Next ccm vintage jerseys?

mr71

If I remember correctly, the City of Hartford owns the rights to the Whalers, so unless CCM can hammer something out with them, it's unlikely we'll see the Whalers on throwbacks.

Personally, I'd love to see the Rangers jersey that had "NEW YORK" diagonally across the chest (where it currently says "RANGERS")

Yeah that was not a bad jersey at all. The wore for their home opener in 2001 after 9-11 in fact teh Sbares even had a version of it in black and red.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If I remember correctly, the City of Hartford owns the rights to the Whalers, so unless CCM can hammer something out with them, it's unlikely we'll see the Whalers on throwbacks.

Personally, I'd love to see the Rangers jersey that had "NEW YORK" diagonally across the chest (where it currently says "RANGERS")

The gentleman who own the Carolina Hurricanes still owns the trademark to the Hartford Whalers, and he has stated that he will not allow the NHL or CCM to use that trademark without some heavy compensation. I think once the season ends there will only be a 3 or 4 more vintage jerseys being released.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

we see all these other jerseys from the 90's, like the nordiques, the jets, etc... i'd kill to get my hands on one of the old 93-94 dallas stars jerseys...

i need a black stars jersey, with a big green #35 on the back, for mooger.

The gentleman who own the Carolina Hurricanes still owns the trademark to the Hartford Whalers, and he has stated that he will not allow the NHL or CCM to use that trademark without some heavy compensation.

Sorry, but you are wrong.  Peter Karmanos, the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes, does not own the rights to the name Hartford Whalers or the logos associated with it.  The name and the logos were awarded to the City of Hartford in a ruling to decide compensation regarding Karmanos breaking the lease he had signed for the Hartford Civic Center so that he could move the team to Carolina.

Technically, the STATE OF CONNECTICUT owns the rights to all Whalers stuff. Not that City of Hartford. But I guess there the same thing. :D
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my issue of The Hockey News. There's an ad from Silvestri Sports advertising the CCM Vintage Jerseys and they show the California Golden Seals, Vancouver Canucks (skate logo), and Pittsburgh Penguins all in GOLD!!!

No X-Mas Devils though!!!!

:evil:

mr71, you must really be looking forward to seeing the green back on the Devils huh??

Anywho, I wonder if they will go with a series of jerseys for Philly and Pittsburgh (They are the only two from the first expansion group that one hasn't been mentioned for).

Golden Seals, you say?

About time they got some recognition.

Maybe the Barons, too?

There are so many teams that get little-to-no jersey lovin' in the NHL.

The Whalers especially.

I would give a kidney to get my hands on a new authentic Whalers jersey.

Too bad http://www.dropthepucks.com doesn't have any blank ones...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Not that it will ever happen because it was a Nike jersey, but I'd like to get a 1986 USA World Cup jersey. Maybe it's time for a Nike Vintage line.

4b_1_b.JPG

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That would be a great jersey to have with Mike Richter's number on the back

Maybe the price was inflated due to the retirement of his number, but one of those 86 World Cup Richter jerseys just went on ebay for $330.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived