Bucs in white at home.

oddball

I happened to check out the highlights of the Bucs/Giants game and I was admiring the red end zone and then the high/lowlight of Garcia's second interception I realized the Bucs were in white. Was there a reason given on the broadcast? Was it because of the heat? I just have never seen them in white at home this late into the season.

My guess is because of the weather...Most warm weather teams believe that the white jersey is cooler but I have been wrong before

That would normally be the case in like September/early October. But in January? I don't know the answer but my opinion is that weather had nothing to do with this one.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

My guess is because of the weather...Most warm weather teams believe that the white jersey is cooler but I have been wrong before

That would normally be the case in like September/early October. But in January? I don't know the answer but my opinion is that weather had nothing to do with this one.

But actually, that's exactly the reason. Tampa Bay wore white because of the humidity. It was apparently a little rough out there heat wise.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

According to general manager Bruce Allen, the Bucs wanted the Giants to wear their home jerseys because they'd won their last 7 on the road. The Buccaneers Radio Network announcers mentioned it during their broadcast. I haven't seen it in print.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

According to general manager Bruce Allen, the Bucs wanted the Giants to wear their home jerseys because they'd won their last 7 on the road. The Buccaneers Radio Network announcers mentioned it during their broadcast. I haven't seen it in print.

That's what I figured. The only road loss was to Dallas and I'm sure that meant they wore blue. The red Bucs jerseys are so much better and I was disappointed to see them in white. Maybe one day superstition will trump skill, but until then...

KISSwall09.jpg

I thought that was the reason and I thought we talked about this very point on here before the game.

I didn't hear that, I always just thought it was because of the heat. It seems when they wear white it's always when the heat is the worst.

It's kinda annoying seeing all these teams wearing white at home, I don't prefer it.

Cowboys, Eagles, and Redkins (NFC east alliance, lol) all seem to wear white way more often at home than the darker jerseys which looks dumb.

I really just figured the Bucs did it when it was hot, since the past few years when I have been attending all the games, I noticed the hottest parts of the year is when they wear the white, then usually switch back to red. A strategy to make the opponent wear the hotter color jersey.

I always thought it was cool when they did all white because it was rare, but looked kinda cool.

anti.png

Cowboys, Eagles, and Redkins (NFC east alliance, lol) all seem to wear white way more often at home than the darker jerseys which looks dumb.

I know that all of the Cowboys' division rivals (including the Cardinals) wear white at home, no matter what the weather is, just to make the Cowboys wear blue. The only exception is New York.

The Eagles only wear white at home in September. They don't do it in October or November unless Dallas is visiting, and that's not always a guarantee either. The weird thing is, someone valuable gets hurt when they don't force Dallas to wear blue.... :therock:

2005:

051114_cowboys_eagles_hmed10p.h2.jpg

2004:

2005-03-22-owens-inside.jpg

But actually, that's exactly the reason. Tampa Bay wore white because of the humidity. It was apparently a little rough out there heat wise.

I don't think humidity and the darkness or lightness of the color are related. Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air. Intensity of the sun is what is amplified by dark colors.

I don't think humidity and the darkness or lightness of the color are related. Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air. Intensity of the sun is what is amplified by dark colors.

That's very true. However, if you were a dark colored jersey when it's hot and humid, here's what happens. The dark color, as you said, absorbs heat, so the jersey heats up. At the same time, the humid air causes the body to perspire. Now, if your clothing is cooler, it also breathes easier, allowing the moisture coming from your body to escape. If the jersey is heated though, the moisture has nowhere to go and your body(and jersey) become a hot, sloppy mess.

Don't get me wrong, I should have just said warm weather like everyone else, but on the radio they mentioned both heat and humidity as the reasons.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived