• Last Reply

ok

the more pics i see the more i really really like these

i thought there old uniforms were nice

i loved the logo and loved the red and black

the beaver probably could have been better, maybe a little less cartoonish

i love white/grey hats

i may have to buy one of the white hats

I am completely and unequivocally in love with this entire package. Love the logo, love the unies, love the hats.

If we make it to Portland this summer, I'm getting some merch.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'll be uploading tomorrow, but was at the press conference and landed CD with PDFs of the uniform colorways so some higher resolutions can be had by those here.

Here's an example (Sunday Alternate)

NewBeaversUni_SundayAlt.jpg

Home Unis

NewBeaversUni_Home.jpg

If interested, more here:

AAA Portland Beavers Unveil New Logos and Unis

Maury Brown

President and Founder - Business of Sports Network

http://www.businessofsportsnetwork.com

OK, I did them up as JPGs (600x776). At the link... primary, secondary (Lucky Beavers), home uni, road uni, Sunday Vintage alternate uni, with all the corresponding color pallets.

Link (again)

AAA Portland Beavers Unveil New Logos and Unis

Maury Brown

THe hat logo is OK I suppose, it would be better if it was smaller on the hats. Just the Plain "P" would have been the best though. The Alternate Uni's should be in the off white like the regular home unis. I started with my complaints, but those really are minor issues, these are great looking uniforms, I'd but these up against just about any MLB uniform. They are classy and timeless.

I was really hoping to see a light blue alternate though.

Wow, what a great identity, I love it. If I could change one thing, I would ditch the light blue outline on the wordmark in the jersey, and have just straight up navy.

As an aside, has anyone posted the logo for the AAA All Star game, I saw that on the beavers homepage, and I really like that one too.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I couldn't help but see the close ties to the Padres (MLB affiliate). "P" reminded me of the current Padres jersey script. That, and the "Oregon Beach" on the home unis reminded me of the Padres. Conscious? One would think it would had to have been.

Maury Brown

It looks like I'm going to cast the first "no" vote on this set. I loved the set before the ones these replaced (no pinstripes). This one is OK, and shows their Padres ties, but the new Beaver looks, well...happy. The previous one looked like he knew something you didn't. And he probably did.

I give this set a C-.

Damn, those are some good uniforms. My notes:

1. This is exactly the color scheme and uniform trim that I think the Nationals should have. Sigh.

2. That's some of the best new baseball script I've seen in a long time. I've generally preferred non-script uniform lettering of late, just because I've seen much more interesting work done there; too many scripts just look like the Dodgers.

3. Shame they didn't just use the P from the road script on the cap: the subtle beaver tail on the letter would have made it one of the best cap logos in all of baseball.

4. I'd still rather the team have gone with earthier colors, but the subtle Padres reference works. It's not so loud that anyone who didn't know would notice overtly, but it's strong enough that the players will look familiar to Padres fans who see photos of their team's prospects in the newspaper or online.

5. If this were a major-league team, they would easily be among the ten best uniforms. Switch to the road-jersey P for the cap logo, and I'd be thinking top five, maybe top three. Beautiful enough uniforms that I would root for this team when it's not playing my hometown favorites.

The Beavers had excellent uniforms; it was always going to be a very difficult task for any top-to-bottom change to be an upgrade. (And the team's talk about "on-field identity systems" didn't make me optimistic.) Which makes this a truly outstanding redesign. Even a "merely" very good new identity was going to be a downgrade for this team, but this is just extraordinarily strong. The regular cap logos are a near-miss, so I'm not sure I can give this better than an A-minus, but it's close. Maybe it's an A-plus, downgraded to an A by the cap logos. Best baseball redesign it at least three years.

20082614447.png

Okay, the same colors as the Rays (basically), yet this Triple-A team looks 1000 times better and more Major League-like than the MLB team from St. Petersburg (once you switch the alt. P to the home and away caps). Why weren't the Rays able to take the many years they spent on this and actually come up with something like this? Even 1/3 as great as this design would be phenominally better than what they finished with.

I absolutey loved the previous Beavers set and was worried they wouldn't be able to top it and would fall into Minor League Wacky-Logo oblivion. But no, they managed to approve upon a design that I didn't think could ever be topped. But again, at the risk of sounding repetitive, the Alt. "P" needs to be on the home/away caps. Then they will truly be a Minor League team who looks like (and mostly better than) a Major League team. Any chance if Portland gets a MLB team in the future, they could just take this identity? ;)

Okay, the same colors as the Rays (basically), yet this Triple-A team looks 1000 times better and more Major League-like than the MLB team from St. Petersburg (once you switch the alt. P to the home and away caps). Why weren't the Rays able to take the many years they spent on this and actually come up with something like this? Even 1/3 as great as this design would be phenominally better than what they finished with.

Good question. The Beavers hit a home run, while the Rays struck out. Well, that's a little harsh. The new Rays aren't terrible, just... inconsequential. They walked.

Any chance if Portland gets a MLB team in the future, they could just take this identity? ;)

Don't think it's going to happen, but if it does, that's exactly what I'd like them to do. I'm a huge fan of cities adopting traditional names for their major league baseball clubs - San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Angels, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers and the like - and this "on-field identity system" is worthy of the majors once they make your small little change.

Archived