Tyree's Catch

You Got Zung

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It already has a name...

"The single greatest play in Super Bowl History".

Granted, it's kinda long, but from Eli's Houdini escape tp Tyree's catch... i've never seen anything better, and i challenge anyone to find something better.

There's been better plays in that they were good plays executed to perfection...but most of those plays won't make anybody's top 5.

This play was hands down the best makeshift individual effort (on both ends) play in SB history. And given that that's what anybody really means when they say "greatest play", well yep, it sure is.

The Head Catch

The Effort Play

The Greatest Catch

The Great Escape

The single greatest argument for the removal of the "In The Grasp" rule from the NFL books.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Maybe it's because I'm a simpleton, but I think "That catch by Tyree" is perfectly acceptable. Twenty years from now when people are talking about this game and you say "Do you remember that catch by Tyree?" is anyone going to say "Which one?"

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I'll just stick to calling it the "Houdini Act"...only because what I saw was nothing short of pure magic. I mean...damn. Straight-up magic.

This is the stuff us "new-schoolers" (18-30 crowd demographic) will get old and tell our kids and grandkids about, in much the same way as our older generation still wax nostalgic about the "Holy Roller" and the "Immaculate Reception"...not to mention the (first) "The Catch".

So yeah...I'll just call it the "Houdini Act".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I called it the Immaculate Reception II...

I think sequels to great plays should only be applied to the same team the original was done with.

For an unrelated example only a pens fan like me would think of, refer to:

and

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived