Dolphins Question

arkansasdolfan

While I'm of the opinion that Mr. Greene was telling the truth in his reply to you, ask yourself this question: If the Dolphins actually were planning a logo change, given the secrecy with which major professional sports franchises tend to surround new brand unveilings, what are the odds that Miami's Senior Vice President of Media Relations would simply cop to such a change in an e-mail response to a random stranger?

Perhaps you're right...but then he just shouldn't have answered my inquiry at all.

By the way, while he denied a logo change there was no mention of the uniform design, though I didn't ask him about that in particular. So the door is still open there...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I'm of the opinion that Mr. Greene was telling the truth in his reply to you, ask yourself this question: If the Dolphins actually were planning a logo change, given the secrecy with which major professional sports franchises tend to surround new brand unveilings, what are the odds that Miami's Senior Vice President of Media Relations would simply cop to such a change in an e-mail response to a random stranger?

Just asking. ;)

You beat me to it.

Perhaps "no change in our team logo is being contemplated" means the decision has already been made. I would imagine if they were implementing a change for the 2008 season they would be finished contemplating.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

And I think that might be officially reading too much into it.

I tend to think that, rather than play word games, he would just ignore the email if a change was in the works. This response indicates to me that he's heard the rumors (from the original article) and is tired of them. I would tend to believe the denial.

As for the uniforms, well, that I think we're free to continue speculating....

Here's official word....

I wrote to Harvey Greene, the Dolphins Senior VP of Media Relations, and forwarded to him one of the original stories which is the source of this rumor http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s7pronotes.html . Here is his reply:

That story is incorrect. No change in our team logo is being contemplated.

Harvey Greene

i guess that puts an end to that...

i hope that isnt true. they could use a change.

In terms of players, yes. But, in terms of uniforms and logos....well, yes there, too. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I have no inside info on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go retro with a 70s look for the actual uniform, while cleaning up the logo a bit. I know Nike did the Giants redesign of 2000, but Reebok did change around the away uniform to go with its current 1960s theme. I think Reebok is hearing if from the fans after the Vikings over-do.

Anyone else up for a makeover? The Saints are always rumored...

NFLConcepts-Helmet-Dolphins.png

Nicely done, though I wouldn't drop the Dolphins' current logo for it. I'd also move the United States flag and shift the logo slightly lower on the side of the helmet.

That said, this logo has always struck me as resembling something that a cruise-ship line or tropical beach resort would utilize.

Nicely done, though I wouldn't drop the Dolphins' current logo for it. I'd also move the United States flag and shift the logo slightly lower on the side of the helmet.

That said, this logo has always struck me as resembling something that a cruise-ship line or tropical beach resort would utilize.

Yes it does look like a cruise ship / airline travel logo doesn't it! I can see this logo over a slogan reading "Come See The Islands" or something to that nature. I thought it was weird that the team wouldn't use their own logo seeing as I'm sure that they had to have this design copyrighted where as using the logo they already have would save at least some money! And yeah after I jpeged the concept I thought that the dolphin was a bit too high up but I didn't feel like changing it! Lazy I Know!

I have no inside info on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go retro with a 70s look for the actual uniform, while cleaning up the logo a bit. I know Nike did the Giants redesign of 2000, but Reebok did change around the away uniform to go with its current 1960s theme. I think Reebok is hearing if from the fans after the Vikings over-do.

Anyone else up for a makeover? The Saints are always rumored...

I don't think too many fans that are fond of having their team change after it being the norm for so many years! I always viewed the Vikings as a classic team even when switching their home uni's to mimic the shoulder sleeve's of their (then) away set. I think they could have done minor changes that wouldn't have such a huge impact as a complete re-design. Something along the lines of the Steelers changing the number font which I still don't agree with, nor do I agree with the Bengals, uni's as well! I was opposed to the Card's uni at first because I believed and still do, that they ripped of Atlanta in a way but those uni's I've come to terms with. Honestly I don't think Arizona had an "identity" to be messed with in the first place so their uni was a drastic improvement in my eyes but like many others I don't agree with the grey facemask!

And as for my Saints, we shall see if this is indeed the year of change!..........In DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

Archived