Dolphins Question

arkansasdolfan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here he is jumping through the hoop, like I think he always should have been:

thrusun.jpg

It's never been a hoop, it's always been a sun. Miami has wild dolphins, not SeaWorld dolphins. :D

The amazing thing about adding gray, is...well, dolphins are gray/silver in real life. What a concept!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

thrusun.jpg

It's never been a hoop, it's always been a sun. Miami has wild dolphins, not SeaWorld dolphins. :D

The amazing thing about adding gray, is...well, dolphins are gray/silver in real life. What a concept!

I ALWAYS thought it was a hoop too, up until about two or three years ago when someone explained to me that it was a sun. So, I can see why you thought it was a hoop.

I really don't think the 'Phins need to change their logo at all. A uniform change without the drop shaddows on the numbers would be nice. But other than that, the Dolphins identity is fine (logo wise).

thrusun.jpg

I ALWAYS thought it was a hoop too, up until about two or three years ago when someone explained to me that it was a sun. So, I can see why you thought it was a hoop.

I really don't think the 'Phins need to change their logo at all. A uniform change without the drop shaddows on the numbers would be nice. But other than that, the Dolphins identity is fine (logo wise).

If it were a sun, it wouldn't have a hole in the middle :P

It's where I sit.

I agree - just replacing the Navy with Coral doesn't work IMO.

How about a Dark Gray?:

MiamiDolphins_PropPRM_SOL_SRGB.gif

It's a more neutral color anyway...

(NO GRAY FACEMASKS!)

I think the aqua adds into the gray to make it look like a dark aqua, and too close to the lighter shade... would be hell to reproduce accurately print-wise, and especially embroidery-wise. Or at the least, it just wouldn't look very good. They probably faced this problem when updating the logo and decided navy was their best option.

Not that this is feasible at all, since teal is the backbone of the palette... but I wonder what an orange and gray, á la the Phoenix Suns, would look like... (orange sun/hoop, gray dolphin, maybe minor aqua highlights).

EDIT: As bucco mentioned below, yes, it's aqua, not teal... Edited to correct the mix-up.

Let's get this straight and out in the open once and for all before PANTONE comes up in here and sets it straight for the record:

The Miami Dolphins' main color is AQUA. TEAL is the main color of that other Florida AFC team up I-95 North.

(Sorry...it just annoys me when the wrong colors are mentioned...that's all.)

And, as for the repeated mentions, or "suggestions", of gray being mixed up in the Dolphins' scheme...

...well--y'all just stay tuned to the "Concepts" forum in the coming days... :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Miami Dolphins' main color is AQUA. TEAL is the main color of that other Florida AFC team up I-95 North.

To-MAY-to, To-MAH-to.

The Pantone color that the Dolphins currently use used to be called "Turquoise" by the Arizona Diamondbacks, and "Teal" by the San Antonio Texans of the WLAF.

[soapbox]Color descriptions mean NOTHING.[/soapbox]

:P

Thank you for straightening ME out. (Told you he'd do it, though..."for the record".)

Correct me if I'm wrong, though...ain't the 'Phins still calling whatever hue they're using "aqua", however? That's what I've always known it to be.

Ah, well...be that as it may (or may not), one really is curious as to how a possible Dolphin revamp, if only the logos (but even that would lead to an inevitable uniform redux, IMO), would pan out. Outside of the nay and the drop shadow, I really don't see much wrong with the overall look (other than their reluctance to wear anything solid aqua 90% of the time)...that logo, on the other hand...it ain't bad, but...I don't know--maybe a bit too cartoonish for me. BUT, this IS the Dolphins we're talking about here, and it ain't like it's exactly the easiest animal to make a logo out of.

Which feeds even more into my curiosity as to whether or not this whole rumor really turns into anything more than a couple puffs of smoke...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived