Dolphins Question

arkansasdolfan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just about the ONLY thing I liked about the royal blue Pats jerseys was the subtle pattern that was woven into the fabric of the jersey. If I remember correctly, the pattern was a vertical alternating design. I liked the effect it had on the jersey.

Correct.

Other than that, the rest of the jersey was pretty bad IMO.

Correct again.

So whats my grade professor?

:P

Just about the ONLY thing I liked about the royal blue Pats jerseys was the subtle pattern that was woven into the fabric of the jersey. If I remember correctly, the pattern was a vertical alternating design. I liked the effect it had on the jersey.

I think that's what Josh was mentioning a few posts before yours in regards to the two-toned, soccer-style striping.

I think that's what Josh was mentioning a few posts before yours in regards to the two-toned, soccer-style striping.

That totally flew over my head then.

So THATS what he meant.

Call it a 'swing and a miss' on my part.

So whats my grade professor?

:P

That totally flew over my head then.

So THATS what he meant.

Call it a 'swing and a miss' on my part.

Based on the latter post, I'm giving you a Gentlemen's C.

I totally didn't get that at all, either.

When he said two-toned striping I thought he was talking about the pants:

9195_1.JPG

But the jersey? Yeah, I can see being inspired by a soccer shirt. That's the kind of crazy ugly thing they were doing at the time.

I don't think that version had the shadow stripes. IIRC, it was only the version with the italicized numbers and the HUGE shoulder logo.

EDIT: Here it is (though a little tough to see -- I couldn't link the best pic that I found).

Bledsoe_Draft_1993.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

UPDATE: This guy claims inside information on the situation from Finheaven.

The same dude that did the Chargers uniform is designing the Dolphins new uniform. Last July Miami applied for permission to change the logo and the uniform. It most likely will be unveiled in late March early April. 10 seasons ago in 1997 Miami changed the logo and uniform to the cartoon it is now.From what I understand from friends inside the organization. I am close friends with Kenny Walkers wife. That the logo will be the Same Dolphin with a lighter color of aqua humping the flaming football. The sun ring will be more pronounced the the Dolphin will be half way inside the ring. Also the dark blue trim will be dropped for orange. It will be more of a classic look. There also is going to be an alternate logo that will look very similar to the stadium logo since the staduim will get a new name that logo is not going to be used as the stadium logo. If you notice they have allready removed the logo from the practice bubble.

While you know I would like more traditional, it would seem that between the halfway jumping Dolphins, that dang football, a more pronounced sun that it would just be way to cluttered.

Also, there is a draft hat with the current logo on it . . . although I dont really think that means a lot since I believe we saw the same thing with the Chargers last year and I know we had hats change with the NHL during that logo bonanza last year.

Anyways, thoughts?

dolphins2.png

I totally didn't get that at all, either.

When he said two-toned striping I thought he was talking about the pants:

9195_1.JPG

But the jersey? Yeah, I can see being inspired by a soccer shirt. That's the kind of crazy ugly thing they were doing at the time.

If it were possible for anything from the New England Patriots to be great, that uniform would be.

It's truly a fantastic design.

Red/white main numbers, solid-white TV numbers? Garbage (IMO.) The update they made next season was (again, IMO) one of the all-time best uniforms. Of course, I'm also a fan of the shoulder-Elvis uniforms too, but in the royal-blue Partiots era, I'd rank the designs 3-1-2.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Red/white main numbers, solid-white TV numbers? Garbage (IMO.) The update they made next season was (again, IMO) one of the all-time best uniforms. Of course, I'm also a fan of the shoulder-Elvis uniforms too, but in the royal-blue Partiots era, I'd rank the designs 3-1-2.

I thought the red numbers and that wild pants stripe looked sweet. The next year when they went to thew white numbers with red trim, did they also change to red facemasks and the plain red/blue pants stripe, or was that not 'til 95 with the second new jersey?

Man lookin back, I miss those unis. "Squeeze the cheese!" :D

Here's your concept. Wow...I'm really getting good at making these so lifelike, eh? ^_^

D_Marino_941231_20070912192346_gallery_600.jpg

D_Marino_960901_20070912190806_gallery_600.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I thought the red numbers and that wild pants stripe looked sweet. The next year when they went to thew white numbers with red trim, did they also change to red facemasks and the plain red/blue pants stripe, or was that not 'til 95 with the second new jersey?

Man lookin back, I miss those unis. "Squeeze the cheese!" :D

I liked the away ones better, the red numbers with blue trim on the front and back, and the solid blue TV numbers. Got to be a photo around somewhere..

I agree - just replacing the Navy with Coral doesn't work IMO.

How about a Dark Gray?:

MiamiDolphins_PropPRM_SOL_SRGB.gif

It's a more neutral color anyway...

(NO GRAY FACEMASKS!)

Keep a REAL CLOSE EYE on the "Concepts" forum in the coming days... ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree - just replacing the Navy with Coral doesn't work IMO.

How about a Dark Gray?:

MiamiDolphins_PropPRM_SOL_SRGB.gif

It's a more neutral color anyway...

(NO GRAY FACEMASKS!)

Here he is jumping through the hoop, like I think he always should have been:

thrusun.jpg

It's where I sit.

Archived