Dolphins Question

arkansasdolfan

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Parcells was the driving force behind the Jets' switch back to their original set. I thought I read that he said they never won squat in the kelly green, so it was time to return to a better look. Something like that.

And they haven't won squat since.

Hi-yoooooooooo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never really liked that Training Camp logo.

Maybe it's the flames coming off the football. Better off without them.

Yeah, do they even use that logo anywhere in the stadium or on the field? And are they really flames? I always thought that the orange lines just showed movement of that ball into the Dolphin's fins, signifying that the Dolphin caught the ball.

Also, I've always wondered about this logo ever since I've stumbled upon Logoserver, which I know many of you have heard of. Are these logos even official Dolphins logos?:

MiamiDolphins2d.GIF

MiamiDolphins2.GIF

EDIT: Post 800! :P

Just found this variation in the official graphics collection from 1997:

MiamiDolphins_SE2_1997_SOL_SRGB.gif

It's like the football is translucent - or made of water.

Thought it was interesting...

(For those keeping score - yes, the Orange/Coral and Navy were both different in 1997.)

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Parcells was the driving force behind the Jets' switch back to their original set. I thought I read that he said they never won squat in the kelly green, so it was time to return to a better look. Something like that.

And they haven't won squat since.

Hi-yoooooooooo

....nor will they, because Namath made a deal with the Devil to win Super Bowl III.

Though they have both of their whopping TWO AFC East titles in the current uniforms.

Oh, and one of them came when they were 9-7 and won a 3-way tiebreak in a 4 team division...and Buffalo finished 4th at 8-8...

J! E! T! S!....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, do they even use that logo anywhere in the stadium or on the field? And are they really flames? I always thought that the orange lines just showed movement of that ball into the Dolphin's fins, signifying that the Dolphin caught the ball.

Also, I've always wondered about this logo ever since I've stumbled upon Logoserver, which I know many of you have heard of. Are these logos even official Dolphins logos?:

MiamiDolphins2d.GIF

MiamiDolphins2.GIF

A couple of things - yes, that logo with the ball is an official secondary logo. It has been there since the re-design in 1997. I always thought the Orange streaks were speed lines myself.

I'm not sure about the one with sunglasses however. It has never been part of any of the official graphics (I have most of the Style Guides - either in physical or electronic form - from 1995 through the present - and it's not in there)...as far as I can tell. I believe the vector version of this logo came from theSLE - which I have cleaned up a bit here:

MiamiDolphins_PropSE3_1997_SOL_SRGB.gif

I've always found the Dolphin logo to be extremely corny and overdone.

I mean C'MON! A Dolphin with a helmet!

and that training camp logo puts a FOOTBALL in between his fins!!!! PA-lease.

They need to go to a streamlined Dolphin silhouette style logo and leave the cartooney stuff behind!

MiamiDolphins2d.GIF

MiamiDolphins2.GIF

A couple of things - yes, that logo with the ball is an official secondary logo. It has been there since the re-design in 1997. I always thought the Orange streaks were speed lines myself.

I'm not sure about the one with sunglasses however. It has never been part of any of the official graphics (I have most of the Style Guides - either in physical or electronic form - from 1995 through the present - and it's not in there)...as far as I can tell. I believe the vector version of this logo came from theSLE - which I have cleaned up a bit here:

MiamiDolphins_PropSE3_1997_SOL_SRGB.gif

I think the question on everyone's mind is how that dolphin can wear sunglasses if it doesn't have any ears.

Here's official word....

I wrote to Harvey Greene, the Dolphins Senior VP of Media Relations, and forwarded to him one of the original stories which is the source of this rumor http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s7pronotes.html . Here is his reply:

That story is incorrect. No change in our team logo is being contemplated.

Harvey Greene

Harvey Greene

Senior Vice President - Media Relations

Miami Dolphins, Ltd.

7500 S.W. 30th Street, Davie, FL 33314

(954) 452-7170, Fax: (954) 452-7055

i guess that puts an end to that...

Here's official word....

I wrote to Harvey Greene, the Dolphins Senior VP of Media Relations, and forwarded to him the original story which is the source of this rumor http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s7pronotes.html . Here is his reply:

Harvey Greene

And considering that in that story from Feb. 2007 it says about the Chargers changes: "(Chargers chief operating officer Jim) Steeg said any changes would not involve powder blue" ... we can pretty much punch a hole in its (or is it execs in general?) credibility.

Here's official word....

I wrote to Harvey Greene, the Dolphins Senior VP of Media Relations, and forwarded to him one of the original stories which is the source of this rumor http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s7pronotes.html . Here is his reply:

Harvey Greene

i hope that isnt true. they could use a change.

Here's official word....

Harvey Greene

While I'm of the opinion that Mr. Greene was telling the truth in his reply to you, ask yourself this question: If the Dolphins actually were planning a logo change, given the secrecy with which major professional sports franchises tend to surround new brand unveilings, what are the odds that Miami's Senior Vice President of Media Relations would simply cop to such a change in an e-mail response to a random stranger?

Just asking. ;)

Archived