Baseball invading Hockey !

Vaytch

I was at the game between Halifax and Chicoutimi in The Q and Halifax was sporting a rather unusual jersey, it looked more like a long sleeved baseball that anything else. They have numbers on one elbow, logo on the other. Scripted city name with numbers underneath...

So what do you guys think of jerseys looking like baseball unis ? For a better idea of what I'm talking about here's a picture of it

halifaxqi4.png

There's the whole Milwaukee Admirals/Brewers thing.

Anyone still have a photo of the Admirals wearing the Bob Uecker jersey of a few years ago? Someone on the old logos board said that the players looked like skating Triscuits.

I don't like how the numbers on the front are single layered, while everything else is triple...especially when it's a different fill colour from the fill of the others.

Aside from that, it is different, and in order to get ahead you have to be willing to break the norm and try something new. The script looks OK, it's not overly complicated. What really lends it that baseball feel is no pattern on the main body, everything is on the sleeve. The logo on the sleeve could be bigger as well.

Maybe it's time to start up the QMJHL section for the webpage

Anyone still have a photo of the Admirals wearing the Bob Uecker jersey of a few years ago? Someone on the old logos board said that the players looked like skating Triscuits.

There are galleries of the Uecker jerseys here and here.

I wish they had auctioned them online, instead of just in the arena. I'd have loved to pick one up.

Remember: in December 2006, the Las Vegas Wranglers wore a Houston Astros Rainbow Guts jersey. I got one at home.

I remember that, it was part of an April Fool's Day joke on the fans (since the game was played the night of April 1st), the joke being that the jerseys were supposedly the new uniforms for the upcoming season, i still have been unable to figure out what the shoulder logo was, but they were god awful

HumanitarianBowl.png

There are galleries of the Uecker jerseys here and here.

I wish they had auctioned them online, instead of just in the arena. I'd have loved to pick one up.

Good find. I like the fighting pic in the second gallery. It looks like a dispute that happened when they were making fun of the jersey.

It's not all that rare for a hockey team to use a script like that instead of a crest. Tons of college teams do it. I think these jerseys suck, but I see what you mean about the baseball look. If the colors were different, this would look a lot like the Rockies uniform.

Archived