What would be your ideal NFL?

wdm1219inpenna

People need to get over this whole NFL-AFL stuff, the Browns, Colts and Steelers have been in the AFC for almost 40 years now.

If my math is correct, they have now been in the AFC longer than any of them were in the NFL. The closest is the Steelers (1933-1969 vs. 1970-2008).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No expansion outside of the United States...I'm fine with the occasional regular season game in another country, but we don't need teams in Toronto or London or anywhere else for that matter. The number of teams is fine where it is.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The Baltimore Colts

The Los Angeles Rams

The St. Louis Cardinals

The Houston Oilers

Hooray!

1. Limited substitution: each team allowed to substitute one player per play (except in case of injury).

2. Rouge point!

3. Divisions named for Pete Rozell, Sammy Baugh, Lamar Hunt, Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Jim Thorpe, Tom Landry and Pudge Hefflefinger.

4. All QBs must wear two-bar face masks.

5. No more Pro Bowl.

LehQRaC.png

The Baltimore Colts

The Los Angeles Rams

The St. Louis Cardinals

The Houston Oilers

Hooray!

1. Limited substitution: each team allowed to substitute one player per play (except in case of injury).

2. Rouge point!

3. Divisions named for Pete Rozell, Sammy Baugh, Lamar Hunt, Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Jim Thorpe, Tom Landry and Pudge Hefflefinger.

5. No more Pro Bowl.

Like there aren't enough injuries already.

The Baltimore Colts

The Los Angeles Rams

The St. Louis Cardinals

The Houston Oilers

Hooray!

2. Rouge point!

5. No more Pro Bowl.

Leather helmets, limited padding, long sleeves, an actual gun is fired at the end of quarters, and we perform "animate corpse" on a host of deceased hall of famers.

Anything else or are we going to acknowledge that the NFL of 30 and 40 years ago is best left in the past.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I posted this in the other "Improving the NFL" thread, but since this one seems to be getting all the action I figured I'd add it here as well.

I believe the NFL should keep the 2-point conversion but eliminate regular season overtime. Make coaches decide whether to play for the win or the tie, which would make for exciting endings to games and intriguing playoff scenarios.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1. Lose the 72 hour blackout rule. Remeber when Bills fans had to see a playoff game from a Rochester, Syracuse, or Cleveland TV station a few years back? The 72 Hour Blackout rule has seen its day. Sellout or not sellout, all home games should be televised.

2. Do away with the Pro Bowl and move it to mid season and rename it the NFL All-Star Game.

3. Have a new 95,000 seat retractable roof stadium (NYNY 2020 Olympics!) for the Jets in Queens so SB LVI is played in NYC in 2022.

3. Return old referee unis. They look better!

4. Have the Rams retrun to LA in 2010!

5. Mandate that All televised games play the Star Spangled Banner.

6. Have one Expansion team in Canada. and one in Australia

7. Any Aussie Rules Football moves, such as bouncing the ball every 10 yards, or drop kick punt for reception or FG, can be used. This will make the game more exciting.

8 Speaking of Aussie Rules, use the horn to end the first 3 quarters. The gun should not be used anymore.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

...My ultimate dream would be to have the Colts move to Utah and play in Rice-Eccles Stadium, but that wouldnt work because 1) It's Utah and no one cares about Utah but me, and 2) Rice-Eccles decorative siding outside the stadium is red :P

Thats just all in my dreams though. Hey maybe one day when I grow up I'll buy the Colts and move them to good 'ol Salt Lake City.......oooo!!!!!

Not to encourage excitable young Mantle about the "Utah Colts" , but I always noticed the Colts horseshoe logo looks a lot like the letter "U"....

Oh man... if the Colts moved to Utah, there would have to be some kind of division reel line mint.

I wonder if anyone out there has ever thought about switching teams around, and if there are any good ideas for what to do if some teams move?

/sarcasm

I have an idea, kick the Jets out of GIANTS STADIUM

Yes, and have the Jets move back to Queens WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

SB LVI NYC.....MAKE THE DREAM REALITY, WOODY!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

...My ultimate dream would be to have the Colts move to Utah and play in Rice-Eccles Stadium, but that wouldnt work because 1) It's Utah and no one cares about Utah but me, and 2) Rice-Eccles decorative siding outside the stadium is red :P

Thats just all in my dreams though. Hey maybe one day when I grow up I'll buy the Colts and move them to good 'ol Salt Lake City.......oooo!!!!!

Not to encourage excitable young Mantle about the "Utah Colts" , but I always noticed the Colts horseshoe logo looks a lot like the letter "U"....

Oh man... if the Colts moved to Utah, there would have to be some kind of division reel line mint.

I wonder if anyone out there has ever thought about switching teams around, and if there are any good ideas for what to do if some teams move?

/sarcasm

I have an idea, kick the Jets out of GIANTS STADIUM

Yes, and have the Jets move back to Queens WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

SB LVI NYC.....MAKE THE DREAM REALITY, WOODY!!!!

*facepalm*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The NFL is fine as it is. One crazy idea I thought up though is use goal-horns after touchdowns or after home team wins, to give it a hockey feel. It would work well especially in domes like Detroit. Just think, a touchdown horn.... ok so what if it's copying hockey :D

I love it. Another thing I was thinking of was allowing both teams in colored jerseys if the jerseys don't clash.

The NFL is fine as it is. One crazy idea I thought up though is use goal-horns after touchdowns or after home team wins, to give it a hockey feel. It would work well especially in domes like Detroit. Just think, a touchdown horn.... ok so what if it's copying hockey :D

The Eagles have something like this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Eagles have something like this.

That's true (it kinda sounds like the Rangers' horn at MSG)

espnsig.gif

Archived