Pearls of wisdom

NoHoJoe

"What's the strongest thing in the world?  A bra, because it can hold up two milk factories."

- My grandfather, who also likes to call it an "over-the-shoulder boulder holder."

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"What's the strongest thing in the world? A bra, because it can hold up two milk factories."

- My grandfather, who also likes to call it an "over-the-shoulder boulder holder."

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I was watching "Whose line is it anyway" and they are discussing rejected bra names and Wyane Brady goes and says "Milk Duds"

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I dont know if thois is teh exact quote but

"War is not dying for your country its making the other bastard die for his."

General George s. Patton

"You go to war to die for your country, but make sure the other guy dies first." thats how I always heard it, its one of my favorites

"Baseball's a game, games are supposed to be fun." Jack Elliott/Tom Sellick in Mr. Baseball, one of my favorite movies. This is one that every parent who has a child in sports should have hammered into their fool heads

Another favorite, pardon the language

"I never drink water, fish :censored: in it." W.C. Fields

Never assume anything -- that way, you don't make an ass out of u or me.

-unknown

I do believe that Felix Unger said in an episode of "The Odd Couple", he said "Never Assume. Because When you assume, you make and "Ass" out of "u" and "me"!

The line os used in one of the Hannibal Lector books, Red Dragon I think but it could be Silence of the Lambs. Not saying thats were it originaters from but its were I heard of it first!

This line was used in the movie "The Bad News Bears" and was uttered by Walter Matthau, whom interestingly enough was in the movie version of "The Odd Couple" but played Oscar Madison, not Felix Ungar. At the time "The Odd Couple" TV series ran, you couldn't say "ass" on television.

I have a feeling that saying is much older--but nice to hear where you first heard it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

"Not many people know this, but one of us has just been traded to Kansas City."

--Yankees manager Casey Stengel telling outfielder Bob Cerv that he had just been traded to the Athletics

That is a good one SJ32

"There is room for only one clown on this team"-Casey Stengel to Jimmy Piersal after rounding the baseswards, and juast before being traded away.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

"When everyone is out to get you, paranoid is just good thinking."

--Dr. Johnny Fever

p.s. The line from "Patton" is: "I wan't you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."  -- I'm not sure if that is a direct quote from "Old Blood & Guts" or a Hollywood bastardization of the General's actual words.

"Age is not an importnat in this campaign, I will not let the inexpierence of my opponent become an issue"-Ronald Reagan on Walter Mondale in a 1984 debate.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

"I urge you to beware the temptation of pride - the temptation of blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire, to simply call the arms race a giant misunderstanding and thereby remove yourself from the struggle between right and wrong and good and evil." -Ronald Reagan the greatest President we ever had or ever will have.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

<font color='#000000'>" -Ronald Reagan the greatest President we ever had or ever will have.</font>

Because I can I will point out the flaws in this arguement!

1 Reagan did not hold the country together through a civil war

2 Reagan did not protect the principles of democracy during a time of depression, and then lead the country through a world war

3 Reagan did not lead the country through a world war, and then formulate a plan to keep world peace, which while flawed was laudible.

4 Reagan did not lead a new disunited country through its early development.

Without even trying 4 better Presidents (Lincoln, FDR, Wilson and Washington) never mind people like Jefferson, Truman, Eisenhower or JFK, all of whom were at least of equal stature to Reagan.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived