New York Giants SB Rings

NJMojorising

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should hand them out in July towards the beginning of training camp.

All I know is that I'm thrilled that two former Trojans (Umenyiora & Tynes) will be getting rings. I don't know if a similar instance has ever happened, that is where two players on one pro team that went to the same college won the Super Bowl.

Usually these things are handed out in June before camp as Tank mentioned. Although the Bears waited until August to hand out their NFC rings last year, I believe. Not exactly sure why.

Anyhow, I came across this sketch of a prototype ring for the G-Men:

giantsring.jpg

It's a good start; I imagine it would look stunning in real gems. But today's rings are so intricate, this one seems almost too simple. Although I like simple better, since some of these rings look absurd.

It's by Diamond Cutters International. They did the '95 Cowboys and '97 Broncos SB rings, along with the '98 Red Wings, '99 Stars, and the '00 Devils Stanley Cup Rings. Apparently these Giants rings are going to be set in pure platinum. I cant even imagine the cost.

Here's an article from the NY Post that explains a little more about them:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02122008/news/..._blue_97209.htm

I believe that that will be the very first time that a Super Bowl ring has been made of pure platinum. The ring that DCI made for the New Jersey Devils several years back was made of platinum.

I wouldn't mind if DCI make their rings. They did a phenomenal job with the '95 Cowboys ring.

All I know is that I'm thrilled that two former Trojans (Umenyiora & Tynes) will be getting rings. I don't know if a similar instance has ever happened, that is where two players on one pro team that went to the same college won the Super Bowl.

When St. Louis beat the Titans they had two SDSU greats in Az Hakim and Marshall Faulk. I felt the same way you feel now when that happened. Gotta love school pride!

sig.jpg

I believe that that will be the very first time that a Super Bowl ring has been made of pure platinum. The ring that DCI made for the New Jersey Devils several years back was made of platinum.

I wouldn't mind if DCI make their rings. They did a phenomenal job with the '95 Cowboys ring.

Correct the 2000 NJ Devils championship ring were the first to be made of platinum.

For reference the Devils 2000 rings which are similar to what seems to be this years Giants.

2000-470.jpg

Feagles, Moss, Joseph, Shockey all UM players.

anti.png

Just off the top of my head, Brady/Ty Law from the Patriots, and Marlon Jackson and Cato June from the Colts, all from Michigan. The Michigan athletic website usually has an article talking about which former players are playing in the Super Bowl, and its usually 2-3 per side, so I'm sure its fairly common for the powerhouse schools.

Archived