Adidas NBA Homecooked Fashion Jerseys

Waffles

Then I must've sipped from the same kool-aid 'cause I like it too. Not sure I'd actually rock the Times Square side tho...

BTW... the "theme" of each jersey is much easier to understand if you look at the jackets and t-shirts. But I'd still love to know what black and neon green has to do with "Comeback City."

Is it me or upon close inspection, does it appear that the numbers on Cleveland's jersey's have a black snakeskin print? It sure looks like it. If this is the case, I'd say the ATTEMPTED theme for Cleveland is "Rock n' Roll." The snakeskin print, bright neon, dominant use of black....kinda scream vaguely 80's MTV Rock n' Roll era....meh.

Rockets jersey looks like it has paint blotched on it, like some Ambercombie destroyed jeans.

Knicks jersey should have been yellow with a black & white checkerboard trim, like a true cabbie.

Miami jacket could have used night pics of the neon South Beach décor all lit up like New York's use of Times Square on its jacket.

Chicago = Perfect...I might actually cop that jersey!

Detroit I believe is tryna convey a "Racer" theme....notice the use of Dodge-like racing stripes on the side panels. Still to vague though....

NYCdog.png

Then I must've sipped from the same kool-aid 'cause I like it too. Not sure I'd actually rock the Times Square side tho...

BTW... the "theme" of each jersey is much easier to understand if you look at the jackets and t-shirts. But I'd still love to know what black and neon green has to do with "Comeback City."

Well, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, so maybe adidas figured that neon green and black are colors that are symbolic of Rock & Roll....or maybe they just let the moron who's in charge of soccer jersey design choose the colors. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Well, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, so maybe adidas figured that neon green and black are colors that are symbolic of Rock & Roll....or maybe they just let the moron who's in charge of soccer jersey design choose the colors. :P

Think 80s rock and roll.

You'll see it on the shoe.

Call me crazy, but I really dig those New Orleans jerseys for some reason.

They look like an old pair of socks my father used to wear in the 1940s. :wacko:

The best looking one is for the Lakers. That's the uniform the La-La Boys should wear. Go Celts!

Think 80s rock and roll.

You'll see it on the shoe.

It should have been Zubaz stripes or acid-wash pattern as they still wear plenty of both in The Cleve.

not feeling these. i'm not even sure of some of the inspirations. it took me awhile (until i saw the checkered piping), but i guess NY's supposed to be based on the cabs, in which case they really should've flipped the colors. not really sure about Cleveland's, LA's (glitz and bling bling w/ the gold?), or Detroit's tho.

I know there hasn't been a lot of love for the Detroit jersey in this series, but I've gotta tell you as a Detroiter, this is PERFECT! It's simple, it's bad-ass, and it's striped like a hot-rod. Beyond that, it just fits Detroit--a no-B.S. town that knows its sports and knows its cars. Could you imagine trying to pawn off a monstrosity like the Hornets or the Heat jersey up here? Hell no!

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Went to NYC for the Big East tournament this weekend, and in the NBA store I saw these right at the front. Got to see the side panels and everything, so to answer a couple questions...

Detroit: The side paneling is a flame of fire, like the hot rods. Makes sense now.

Chicago: Sadly this was the only jersey I ddin't see, I wanted to see it really bad too cause it looked sick. My friend bought the hat though, and it was definately cool. http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdeta...006044/node--0/

LA: The side panels is like one of those exotic designs you see on some cars. I'm sure there's a certain name for the style, but I don't know. Kind of like what the NBA sometimes has on their ads from a lil while back. That said, the jersey looked pretty awesome.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived