Adidas NBA Homecooked Fashion Jerseys

Waffles

those are quite interesting...i like the Knicks and the Nuggets jerseys, but I don't understand some of the inspirations for some of them (Cavs, Lakers, Pistons?)

good lil' find UW

EDIT: those New Orleans jersey are VERY similar to the ones used in the AS08 celebrity game this year:

TO_300_080215.jpg

i just dont understand. whats the theme? whats the point?

its all money. these designs are garbage. some arent designs. theyre the team's uni's with random colors. it sickens me how lazy the people who design these things are getting.

i mean...so someone comes to the big meeting of board members with this idea of "Homecooked" jerseys? I mean..wouldnt the other board members or whatever think the guy was on crack? Guess not. hm..

eh...usually i would love this kinda thing, and i do for some teams (NY, LAL, NO, MIA), but i just do not understand some teams (CLE, CHI, HOU, DET). if they could only get 4 decent teams out of it, and only come up with "ideas" for 9 of the NBA teams, it probably wasn't something worth pursuing. probably should have waited till the playoffs so they could have made something like 5/16 teams instead of 9/30. now that i do the math, that wouldn't be much better. scrap it all.

eh...usually i would love this kinda thing, and i do for some teams (NY, LAL, NO, MIA), but i just do not understand some teams (CLE, CHI, HOU, DET). if they could only get 4 decent teams out of it, and only come up with "ideas" for 9 of the NBA teams, it probably wasn't something worth pursuing. probably should have waited till the playoffs so they could have made something like 5/16 teams instead of 9/30. now that i do the math, that wouldn't be much better. scrap it all.

Cleveland is the Comeback City. Not sure where the imagry is from though.

Chicago has pinstripes for the Gangster Imagery of Al Capone.

Houston is The Space City, so the jersey has space images all over it.

Detroit is the motor City. The colors are "hot rod" i believe.

These jerseys are only part of the whole package. There are also jackets, hats, and shoes that go along with them and I know the jackets contain more imagery that makes more sense for each city. Some of them are better than others, but its just another program of jerseys and sportswear. Adidas' job is to make as much money as they can for the NBA and for the teams. If they didn't explore as many money making opportunities as they could they wouldn't have the contract much longer. The fact is, there must be a market for this stuff or they wouldn't make it.

Yes, its a money making program. But what one isn't? Sports is a business.

I actually really like a few of them. I like the NO jerseys alot, and, yeah, they're the AGS Celeb Game ones. A lot of them are pretty cool, but, this Detroiter wants to know: why black? Really? Is it supposed to look like a tire? Help me!

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I wouldn't wear any of these (well I don't wear jerseys period) but from a design standpoint, I'm really digging the New Orleans and Chicago models.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lightish Blue and White? I think it looks more Dodgers than Padres to me...

Anyone checked the jackets out? The New York and LA ones are incredible, and the New Orleans one is absolutely mental, tie-die craziness...!

They aren't always the most subtle articles, but i have to say they really are original, which is really good, better than some of the staid and repetitive on court designs recently...

I wonder what they'll do with the Bucks since they can't market the obvious to kids (we're about to lose our last major brewer anyway). I think the wings of the Milwaukee Art Museum would make for a (potentially) good design.

And I agree... Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit don't make a lick of sense. I can kind of buy Chicago as a Capone "tribute" (but shouldn't it be black with white pinstripes?) and if Detroit is supposed to represent tires, they could've been much more obvious with it. But what the hell is Cleveland supposed to represent? Was a rock & roll theme not "weird" enough?

Some of these are hard to understand without a good look at the side panels, which you don't get with the product shots. For example, I was a little baffled as to what yellow and black had to do with New York until I caught a little bit of the checkered side panels. That one would make even more sense were it predominantly yellow with black trim. And the Detroit one, I still don't get.

Archived