A-rod traded

CrookedThumb

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is all sour grapes and anti New York. The Lakers add Karl Malone and Gary Payton and its exicting and wonderful the Yankees add A-Rod and its horrible.

If the Red Sox spent like Stienbrenner there would not be nearly as much whinning.

You're insane  :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think this is all sour grapes and anti New York. The Lakers add Karl Malone and Gary Payton and its exicting and wonderful the Yankees add A-Rod and its horrible.

If the Red Sox spent like Stienbrenner there would not be nearly as much whinning.

No, I thought that was kinda crappy that they got them, but they didn't spend like crazy to get them. I believe they both took less.

If Baseball wanted to not have future money problems, just fold the Yankees and kick Steinbrenner outta baseball.

Yankees Line Up with A-Rod

1. Kenny Lofton CF

2. Derek Jeter SS

3. Alex Rodriguez 3B

4. Jason Giambi 1B

5. Gary Sheffield RF

6. Bernie Williams DH

7. Hidecki Matsui LF

8. Jorge Posada C

9. TBA

How would you like to face that line up if you are a starting pitcher.

If i were a pitcher facing that game, i'd take a personal day, or, bean the first three hitters of the game and get ejected on purpose.

3JymF.png

I'm hearing rumors that the Yankees included Jose Contreras and Dionel Navarro in the trade. That's their No. 4 starter and their top prospect (according to Baseball America). So The Yankees get an MVP, the Rangers get a young guy with legit 40-40 potential year in, and year out. They get a Pitcher who could be either Pedro or Irabu (we have no idea at this point). They also get a catcher that well could be a future all-star. The only problem is Soriano and Navarro are both strikeout prone. if they can up their work ethic and learn to take balls. If Soriano can improve his defense. The Rangers could be AWESOME 2 or 3 years from now with the $120 mill they're saving.

If these rumors are true it seems like a more even trade than just ARod for Soriano.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Well as a Sox fan, I will abmit that there line-up is inpressive, but seriously, there pitching still sucks. I mean yeah. Mussina is very good, but you got AL-unproven Vasquez, injury-prone Brown and who knows how else in the mix.

Will still be sweet when we beat him though.....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well since the Blue Jays actually have pitchers they can count on, I wouldn't doubt it. Sure they won't score 1000 runs and the Yanks might, but the Yankees bullpen includes Mussina and a lot of questions. Brown is as dominating as any pitcher WHEN HE'S HEALTHY. His temper...that defense...in New York. he won't last. Vazquez was good in the NL. In the AL it could be a different story. Jon Lieber and Jose Contreras are totally unproven and I think while they are above-average pitchers, they aren't stars by any margin. Pedro is better than Mussina. Schilling and Brown are a wash. If Vazquez can improve on what he did in the NL, he'll best Lowe. Otherwise he won't. Wakefield is better than Lieber and both Kim and Contreras are unproven as starters.

I think overall the Yanks have the better lineup. The Sox have a better bullpen. The Yanks and Red Sox closers are about equal. The Red Sox have a deeper bench and the Yanks have a better manager and coaching staff. EDGE: RED SOX.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Well I guess there's no need to watch baseball this season.  Already know the story.

A's lose in first round again, Bonds will hit homers, and the Yankees will have bought...er...won the World Series.

And we all thought that this new CBA for the luxury tax to the low end teams would even the playing field.  Oviously, that isn't happening.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well since the Blue Jays actually have pitchers they can count on, I wouldn't doubt it. Sure they won't score 1000 runs and the Yanks might, but the Yankees bullpen includes Mussina and a lot of questions. Brown is as dominating as any pitcher WHEN HE'S HEALTHY. His temper...that defense...in New York. he won't last. Vazquez was good in the NL. In the AL it could be a different story. Jon Lieber and Jose Contreras are totally unproven and I think while they are above-average pitchers, they aren't stars by any margin. Pedro is better than Mussina. Schilling and Brown are a wash. If Vazquez can improve on what he did in the NL, he'll best Lowe. Otherwise he won't. Wakefield is better than Lieber and both Kim and Contreras are unproven as starters.

I think overall the Yanks have the better lineup. The Sox have a better bullpen. The Yanks and Red Sox closers are about equal. The Red Sox have a deeper bench and the Yanks have a better manager and coaching staff. EDGE: RED SOX.

I'm going to disagree with you, although Lieber is a ?, he is a proven starter. He won 20 games with the Cubs a few years ago. He's a question mark bause he's coming off Tommy John Surgery. Even though he is a ? mark, I put him above Wakefield. Wakefield is a knuckleballer and they have more bad nights than good. As far as the bullpen, the Yankees have Rivera and upgraded thier middle relief with Tom Gordon, and Paul Quantrill. The Yankees have a better bullpen than the Red Sox. Add in the fact that Boston always chokes and the Edge goes to the Yankees.

With that said I think the Yankees run into trouble if they face a team with 3 young starters, or if both Brown and Lieber go down. The Yankees have now locked up anything. They don't have a lefty starter (Something you need when you play in Yankee Stadium), and even though thier line-up looks good on paper uit could break down. Lofton is passed his prime, and is close to retirement. Sheffield could get pissed that he is not the star and do bad on purpose (he's done that in the past). Giambi, I don't know what ot think of him. I'm not a Giambi fan, I much rather have Nick Johnson. Plus you will have Wilson in the line-up playing second.

Like I said the Yankees haven't locked anything up, and I'm a Yankee fan. But I do think head-to-head they will beat the Red Sox.

The centiment here in Boston has pretty much been the same.  "Meh".  No big deal, let's just play the games.  The national media has made it seem like we're on the verge of mass suicides.

Here's the thing:  The Yankees gave up Soriano.  The differennces between Soriano and ARod aren't huge:

Alex Rodriguez

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

2003 161 607 124 181 30 6 47 118 87 126 17 3 .298 .396 .600 .995

Alfonzo Soriano

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

2003 156 682 114 198 36 5 38 91 38 130 35 8

Not a HUGE upgrade.

Fact is, the Sox still have a Superior Staff.  My one gripe all these years was that the Sox always went for hitting and the Yankees for pitching and that's why the Yankees won.  The roles are reversed this year.  Mussina has been spectacular at times, but there is a huge falloff after him.  Kevin Brown has played piss poor against the American League, and how well will he hold up for the season AND how will he pitch away from pitcher-friendly Dodger Stadium.  Vazquez has yet to prove himself in the pressure of a big market.  Contreras  :laugh: .  And Lieber.  Lieber even when he was healthy was never that good.  How will he fare after major elbow surgery?

Hey ya'll, I just joined, I'm age 12, from NJ.  This site looks pretty cool.  

From a Yankee fan stand point, I love this trade.  Good for the yankees, bad for baseball.  This is rediculas though, they need a salary cap.  Or george could spend all the money he wants.  :P

thomas_mohammed_300_040215.jpg Van Horn's gone, Thomas and Mohammed are in!  Who else will Isiah Thomas Bring in!?  Go KNICKS!

Archived